• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
Thank god we have planet coaster, roller coaster Tycoon and zoo tycoon was all me and my brother played as kids, it's sad to see what's happened to it.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It never ceases to amaze me how these games get increasingly worse with every new iteration they make. Heck, even the logo looks like one of those poorly edited fan-made logos, but official. So glad we have Planet Coaster and Parkitect nowadays.
I really love Planet Coaster. How does Parkitect differ?

EDIT: what the shit did I just watch

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
giphy.gif

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
It started up and I was like "Ok, not a huge fan of the art but can't be worst than the last.... wait.... fucking what!"

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Thank fucking god for Planet Coaster, Parkitect and RCT Classic and OpenRCT2.

Atari, please fucking die.

I really love Planet Coaster. How does Parkitect differ?

EDIT: what the shit did I just watch
Parkitect is more management and more similar to RCT2.
Planet Coaster is more creative and more similar to RCT3.

Both are godly in their own right.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
You know what i dont understand, people entering this thread (and other similar in the past) and saying things like "I hoped..." or "put the original game in..."

Guys, RCT is dead, Atari is a zombie, and best thing of all, there are better alternatives right now out there, modern and old.
Why are you asking RCT to get better if you have 2 INCREDIBLE spiritual successors that are RCT in all but in name, Parkitect that caters your RCT1 and 2 nostalgia, and Planet Coaster that caters your RCT3 nostalgia (this last one even made by the same people FFS), and both imporved 1 million times over it RCT predecessors. Not even adding that RCT Classic (a mix of 1 and 2) is already in mobile for you to purchase, or that you can get a GoG copy of RCT2 and madke it the improved OpenRCT2.
Is a shitty name so powerful to all of you?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
They pull out the game from Steam and GOG a couple years ago, I check in the last steam sale, I end up buying Planet Coaster but I didn't like as much as RCT3. The only way to buy an original copy now is buying keys from shady sites.

Mmm, this is really strange, I could undertand if you were a fan of 2 and 1 not enjoying Planet Coaster that much, but not enjoying it as much as 3? Its just a much bigger, better made version of 3 with limitless possibilites before custom scenery, and now that it has, the game is even crazier. Like, there was even a non resolved "bug" (not a bug, but it was a problem with the groups system that was never resolved) were guests never really queue on the rides, something that the group system in Planet Coaster, solves (as it simplifies it, treating them as a pack instead of individuals).

Oh wow, you're right. That's awful and pointless.
They were pulled becuase of the lawsuit. Atari owes Frontier money (2.2 millions in fact), Frontier has the rights for RCT3 (game and full name with the 3 included), but not RCT (name and franchise, strange I know), so I suppose theres the conflict and how Atari could pulled it from steam and GoG

Last edited:

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
For anyone who had even a shred of hope entering this thread, you can buy ports of the original RCT ("RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic") on Android and iOS for $5.99, they don't disappoint

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder what Atari IP would be next for the candy crush treatment, San Francisco Rush?

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
Mmm, this is really strange, I could undertand if you were a fan of 2 and 1 not enjoying Planet Coaster that much, but not enjoying it as much as 3? Its just a much bigger, better made version of 3 with limitless possibilites before custom scenery, and now that it has, the game is even crazier. Like, there was even a non resolved "bug" (not a bug, but it was a problem with the groups system that was never resolved) were guests never really queue on the rides, something that the group system in Planet Coaster, solves (as it simplifies it, treating them as a pack instead of individuals).

Idk, maybe is just nostalgia of some sort, to be honest I don't play RCT3 for at least 5 years but it was one of my favorites games, and I just tried out the Planet Coaster Vanilla, didn't play (or buy) any of the DLC. But I really liked PC, just not as much as RCT3, maybe I didn't get into enough (and seems like have few pre-build options like shops and etc, idk).

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Anyway, I invite everyone to buy the RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack on Amazon or GOG, and then download the OpenRCT2 project which improves the game massively.
Oh I'll look into this.

I had a craving to play Zoo Tycoon recently but it isn't on GOG and I can't run Planet Zoo :(

Fedele

Oct 28, 2017
I'm at a loss for words.

Seriously, I'd pay to watch the brainstorming session in which someone said "we should turn RCT into a Candy Crush-like game!" and someone else said "shit great idea!"

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Idk, maybe is just nostalgia of some sort, to be honest I don't play RCT3 for at least 5 years but it was one of my favorites games, and I just tried out the Planet Coaster Vanilla, didn't play (or buy) any of the DLC. But I really liked PC, just not as much as RCT3, maybe I didn't get into enough (and seems like have few pre-build options like shops and etc, idk).
Did you enjoy the creative part of RCT3, or just more plopping stuff around and managing the park seeing guest go around it? RCT3 was worst than RCT1 and 2 in that case, but that doesnt mean you cant find and enjoyment of it in that way.
I say this becuase the most powerful part in Planet Coaster is building your dream park, making your own buildings and theming your own rides, "wasting" 10 hours just using the scenery items thinking of them outside the box to create anything you want. If you dont fully go in in that way, Planet Coaster is a hard game to love (and I love it, ive got more than 2000 hours on it, but I also know is not everyones type of game). I say this becuase from the "prebuild options" you are saying maybe Planet Coaster is not the perfect game for you.
Maybe I can recommend you parkitect, or even Planet Zoo. Those 2 games are more heavy in management, and the gameplay can be really plopping stuff around and seeing your park grow. In fact Planet Zoo, even if its animals instead of rides, maybe is more your style (planet zoo does have the wide creativity aspect Planet Coaster has, but becuase its an actually better management game, you dont need to be a super creative person to fully enjoy it).

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Wait so it's a Roller Coaster Tycoon game but the gameplay is just Candy Crush? I guess that's cool if you like puzzle games but I was hoping for a new mobile coaster tycoon.