• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
They really nailed it this time.
Really brings back memory. I remember when I was young, playing candy crush, it got me through tough times.
Hyped to see their approach on this genre with this legendary franchise!

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
It never ceases to amaze me how these games get increasingly worse with every new iteration they make. Heck, even the logo looks like one of those poorly edited fan-made logos, but official. So glad we have Planet Coaster and Parkitect nowadays.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fuck is this? I know, brand recognition and all, but they could have just... not called it Rollercoaster Tycoon if they wanted to mix Candy Crush and Farmville.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It's not even a RTS or theme park building game...it's a Candy Crush reskin.

Whatever happened to Rollercoaster Tycoon World?

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Anyway, I invite everyone to buy the RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack on Amazon or GOG, and then download the OpenRCT2 project which improves the game massively.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "story" bit in the title got my hopes up that this was going to be done by Kairosoft. This doesn't look like Kairosoft. Or like Roller Coaster Tycoon in the way I know it. This looks like a 2010 facebook game tryna milk the farmville cash cow.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
OP, please tell me you're joking.

This looks absolutely awful and seeing the name on this makes me want to cry.

/edit
Okay, yes.. OP is joking, I get it. Sorry, I wasn't sure at first.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao OP had me amped up for a return to form and I got this shit.

At least Planet Coaster is fun.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ what a travesty. Amazing how the series has continued to steadily fall apart under Atari's ownership after RCT3

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Just remaster the original Xbox port for all modern-gen consoles. The first game worked surprisingly well with a controller in that form.
Print money.

Seriously, how hard is it to do that?

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Wow I thought this was going to be a new game in the series and a return to form. I was super disappointed when I watched that video. More power to you if you enjoy those kinds of games but damn was I bummed.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's just a lame candy crush game...

I had no faith coming into this thread because I know the talent who made these games left. While also making their own games.

What a fall of a franchise. I just find it more sad what's left of the series is just brand recognition to sell bad cash grabs.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, at least they aren't even trying to mislead people anymore, that's a plus

With Planet Coaster and Parkitect existing, the only reason to care about RollerCoaster Tycoon is the name itself. Sucks that they're doing this but it's modern-day Atari so...

Oct 27, 2017
Just remaster the original Xbox port for all modern-gen consoles. The first game worked surprisingly well with a controller in that form.
Print money.

Seriously, how hard is it to do that?

They could just allow MS to make it backwards compatible and available as a download, and that would be better than this. I don't think that would require any work from Atari at all, but I bet they never do it.