• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
EDIT: Another new trailer with more new gameplay (4K/60)

PS Blog post

blog.playstation.com

Returnal launches on PS5 March 19, 2021

Housemarque’s bold new shooter sees you stranded at the edge of the galaxy and trapped in an endless resurrection.

Hi Everyone, as Housemarque celebrates 25 years this year, we can look back at a lot of wonderful projects we've done with PlayStation. Over the last 14 years we have been able to leave our mark on the arcade genre with titles like Stardust, Dead Nation, and Alienation. One of our most memorable games was Resogun, a PS4 launch title that won us many awards.

Not only can you look forward to getting back into the battle almost instantly with super fast loading times, but we're using the haptic feedback of the DualSense wireless controller to give players extra awareness of gameplay. You'll be able to feel the natural ambience of this alien planet as the controller mimics its environmental effects.

Players should also be prepared to be haunted by the extremely realistic 3D audio capabilities of PS5 with compatible headphones. In Returnal we have taken audio immersion to new levels, and the soundscape will add a whole new layer of comprehending the action around you. Even in a moment of silence you can take in the atmosphere and feel like you are actually alone on an alien planet, with the soundscape created from the elements.

50701169331_1e88785711_k.jpg

Last edited:

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Release date is sooner than I expected.

It looks awesome, as I expected from Housemarque.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, so the budget thing is an era meme now. Deserved, sure.

Looks fucking good. Particles and colour everywhere, responsive movement, and I'm a sucker for loop based storylines. Tell me the reason!!

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
It looks great, but they really have to lower its price if they don't want the game to fail.

Oct 25, 2017
Way too much compression to see much of anything. The reveal trailer had more striking imagery, but that could just because this imagery is just macroblocks.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Super excited for this! I love Housemarque, and this game looks amazing. March is great! I was hoping January, but expecting closer to April/May, so I'm stoked