• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/d...unity-transmission-infiltrator-reinforcements

Coming with the new game mode are two brand-new reinforcements. On the Republic side you'll now be able to play as an Advanced Recon Commando, known better as an ARC Trooper, and on the Separatist side, you'll be able to play as a BX-series Droid Commando. Both units will be part of the new Infiltrator Reinforcement class and will also have their own new Star Cards for their abilities!

These two new reinforcements will deploy alongside the new game mode this month. The next Community Transmission will detail the mode fully, including what it's called and what your objectives will be within it. The update is slated for release on the 26th of March. Additionally, the Infiltrator class is available without any credit costs for all players.

The ARC Trooper is a gung-ho attacker that rushes into battle wielding his trusty DC-17 pistols. Yes, you read that correctly: pistols. This unit can dual wield pistols and fire them independently, effectively doubling his rate of fire.
j8wtx1986xum.gif

The BX droid is arguably one of the most lethal units in the Separatist Army. Armed with a modified E-5 Blaster Rifle, commonly used by B1 Battle Droids, the BX trades rate of fire for higher precision in long-range encounters.

With the modified blaster covering the BX at longer ranges, it also wields a vibrosword to get the edge it needs to excel in close-quarters combat.
w1b73ickltx3.gif

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Haven't really played this game too much but both of these look neat.

Ewok Hunt is one of my favorite game modes ever tho lol, basically just boot it up for that

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
What is the active player count on this game? I'm guessing, high enough to make this content roadmap financially viable. But I literally never hear about it anymore outside of these updates...

OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What is the active player count on this game? I'm guessing, high enough to make this content roadmap financially viable. But I literally never hear about it anymore outside of these updates...

No problem with finding games on Xbox, so I imagine it's the same for PS4. Although I have heard it's a bit iffy on PC.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I just want ground to space battles... I really dont understand why they keep saying thats not what fans want

They said that?

And really while it sounds neat, it really is not going to work out. The games already are too spread out thin with ground and air battles, to toss in another layer is never going to work without a big increase to the player count.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's an EA sale right? Is the PC pop good enough?

PC population is fine on the main modes (Galactic Assault, Heroes v Villains). Haven't touched Starfighter Assault in ages so can't comment on that population.

Just be aware that there are occasional hackers on PC, at least in GA.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Did they get rid of the not gaining any XP after a certain amount of okay time in some mode? I recall reading about that once, I think

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
PC population is fine on the main modes (Galactic Assault, Heroes v Villains). Haven't touched Starfighter Assault in ages so can't comment on that population.

Just be aware that there are occasional hackers on PC, at least in GA.
PC is pretty dire for anything bu Galactic Assault and HvV. Pretty sure last time I tried any other mode I had to give up. It took 1 hour of searching to finally get a HvV Starfighter match to get that damn assignment completed. I think you can get some blast matches though, I remember extraction being pretty populated at one point but last time I booted it up a week ago I couldn't find any matches. Ewok Hunt is dead for me everytime I try.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
commando droids are admittedly cool and it's cool that DICE recognizes that the best prequel stuff is from the clone wars cartoon

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PC is pretty dire for anything bu Galactic Assault and HvV. Pretty sure last time I tried any other mode I had to give up. It took 1 hour of searching to finally get a HvV Starfighter match to get that damn assignment completed. I think you can get some blast matches though, I remember extraction being pretty populated at one point but last time I booted it up a week ago I couldn't find any matches. Ewok Hunt is dead for me everytime I try.

Yeah, kinda figured that would be the case. GA and HvV are all I play so thankfully haven't had any issues.

I wonder how much the new large scale mode coming out this month will bolster things.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Looking forward to the new mode but I'm desperate for new maps, particularly large scale.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
I'm excited, the improvements they've been making over the last 6 money's have been great. No more loot boxes, everything purchase with in game currency, earn rates are quick enough were you can unlock emotes, costumes, and characters quickly enough.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its crazy, as soon as BFV came out, its like DICE staff suddenly came back to Battlefront 2.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
I just want ground to space battles... I really dont understand why they keep saying thats not what fans want
With how dynamic that would be I don't see that working in a multiplayer game unless its 100+ players at least or super scripted/guided to funnel players which would ruin the point.
Having a ground to space battle in a singleplayer campaign, however? That sounds amazing.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Its a bit offtopic... But I just bought the game and was expecting Space Assault with Bots, and is that somewhere in that 30 Gigabye Update that I am currently downloading or is this seriously *not* in the game?