• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar is currently seeking an Animation Systems Programmer. We are looking for an experienced, talented engineer to help us in developing advanced animation systems for large open world character-based games. You should have strong coding skills, a good knowledge and interest in character animation systems, and passion for realistic, high quality character motion.

We are a global team of programmers and researchers who collaborate on pushing the boundaries of character animation on next generation hardware.

Can't be anything other than GTA6 or "Project Americas" as they supposedly call it BTS, there's isn't anything else that R* North does that "pushes boundaries of character animation on next-gen hardware", as being a "large open-world character-based" game, besides GTA, OR, at the very least, RDR2 remaster for next-gen consoles.

Nov 23, 2017
Do we have any real veracity as to the Project Americas shit? I would love if they did a city outside the US like the leak said + another period piece.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
What do people actually want out of a GTA VI? Like how do they really significantly improve the experience?

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Damn,I wonder what big open world game Rockstar could be prepping for next gen.....I'm gonna have to go away and meditate on this one for a while.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Rockstar North might be making a open world game. And it might be for next gen consoles.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I know GTAVI is years away but I wonder will they double down on the sim elements for the next game or will it GTAVI be more arcadey in comparison to RDR2.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
What do people actually want out of a GTA VI? Like how do they really significantly improve the experience?

would be more than happy with GTA 5 just in a different city, different story, characters. But it's obviously gonna be much more than that. RDR 2's detail and interaction system for one will likely be part ofi t.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
open world game?
next gen?

cJQ4z2w.jpg

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Join our core animation technology team and work closely with gameplay, AI, tools, and art teams across different Rockstar studios.
  • Develop, maintain, extend, and support an extensive high-level runtime animation system, pipeline, and tools.
  • Implement well designed, robust, highly optimal new animation system features, integrating them into our existing animation, gameplay, and AI systems.
  • Keep up to date with the latest academic and industry breakthroughs, independently research and develop improvements to continuously push our technology forward.
  • Work crunch hours that will grind your soul to a pulp and cause you to curse your god-given fleshly existence for spans of 2-10 years at a time.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
RAGE engine's streaming tech coupled with an SSD is gonna be ridiculous.

ColR100

Jan 13, 2018
Large game development company looking for a new hire to work on next gen games which are already in development....hardly surprising. Loved the way you also underlined things OP, ha.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I want an evolving world. Buildings getting (rebuild), the map being expanded throughout the years would be awesome to see. GTA V has this one skyscraper under construction and all the way since GTA Online launched 6 years ago I've wished R* would update the game to finish that building's construction and give it a purpose. Also wish they added North Yankton (the snowy area from the SP's opening) was expanded and added to Online.
I would also love it if Online was a bit more grounded instead of the shitshow GTA V Online turned into, and it would be great if Free Roam wasn't just 1 big clusterfuck of everyone mindlessly gunning each other down.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
If it's not a precise replica of planet earth with every detail in 4k at 60fps it's not a massive open world and it's not next gen. 🙄

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Graphics and npc interaction systems like RDR2? More detail, a new setting, another funny and set piece filled story? don't know why this is a question.
Well because besides the NPC interaction system, it's basically just an updated version of the game before it. Like the comment I quoted below, I was thinking about more core gameplay stuff.
I want an evolving world. Buildings getting (rebuild), the map being expanded throughout the years would be awesome to see. GTA V has this one skyscraper under construction and all the way since GTA Online launched 6 years ago I've wished R* would update the game to finish that building's construction and give it a purpose. Also wish they added North Yankton (the snowy area from the SP's opening) was expanded and added to Online.
I would also love it if Online was a bit more grounded instead of the shitshow GTA V Online turned into, and it would be great if Free Roam wasn't just 1 big clusterfuck of everyone mindlessly gunning each other down.
A game world you can actually affect would be very interesting. A building getting knocked down that has to be rebuilt and isn't just a part of the story would be really cool. More dynamic weather systems. Maybe even something akin to the nemesis system would be cool.