• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I guess I'll throw my guesses too:
Returnal in January (based on finalized retail box art leaking on Amazon back in September I have been speculating that it is a late delay from launch lineup, so January)
Destruction AllStars in February (confirmed)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart in March (announced as "launch window" which i am guessing means by March)
GT7 in May
Horizon Forbidden West in July/August
The Last of Us Factions in September
God of War Ragnarok in November (unless if delayed, which can totally happen)

If they get all this out in 2021 then holy shit!

That said...we would get a huge drought of games in 2022 since most Sony WW studios had released something in 2021 and 2020. Unless most of these studios have now 2 teams.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Insomniac will probably have 5+ games before the end of this gen, crazy that they are starting with 2 after releasing SM 2 years ago.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Arguably? I think there's no other first year like this in ANY console, not even a gaming year as big as what this one would be.

I agree, at least on face value and without reviews, but I just didn't want to rustle anyone's jimmies lol.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
The trailer was one of the best ones ever seen for a console and it's crazy to get GT7 confirmation. Surely this game will be shown again at TGA. What a incredible year for Sony.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017

That said...we would get a huge drought of games in 2022 since most Sony WW studios had released something in 2021 and 2020. Unless most of these studios have now 2 teams.

I agree there will be a big drought in 2022, but then they can fill that gap with 3rd parties as they will start to come strong in the 2nd year. Also I've noticed that they are able to release these quick updates/expansions for their 1st party games ala Ghosts: legends.

If they release all those full game in 2021 and use 2022 as a sort of expansion/big update year they can easily cover off any drought

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit that was hype. That's as good as a first year as a console can have.

Also, 1 second of new GT7 footage on a different track, willow springs?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

2022 i can see spiderman 2 (seems its being developed in parallel to miles to some extent)
Days Gone 2
third party publishing games (Arrowhead, Supermassive... maybe the first next gen from software game in the bloodborne slot?)
maybe whatever the supposed new san diego team/studio is making
japan studio game(s)
PSVR2 launch with a launch title from London Studio.
And that is without counting the exclusivity deal that Sony had secured for FFXVI.

Thats also a potentially fantastic year.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
Ratchet was already said to be launch window but i think this is the first confirmation for Returnal. first half of 2021 is shaping up nicely

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
I expect GT7 to realase somewhere in between May-June 2021, it would be amazing to have it just in time for summer

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
2022 i can see spiderman 2 (seems its being developed in parallel to miles to some extent)
Days Gone 2
third party publishing games (Arrowhead, Supermassive... maybe the first next gen from software game in the bloodborne slot?)
maybe whatever the supposed new san diego team/studio is making
japan studio game(s)
PSVR2 launch with a launch title from London Studio.
And that is without counting the exclusivity deal that Sony had secured for FFXVI.

Thats also a potentially fantastic year.

Don't you be forgetting the Silent Hill remake that is DEFINITELY happening.

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
That's a better launch year then PS2, especially since this is just first party.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Nope just a marketing tease before preorders going live

the fact that they only showed a title splash made it obvious to me

How the hell do people jump to conclusions like this? There's literally no official footage of GoW:R yet, so they aren't just going to include a logo in this launch trailer just as they aren't going to debut its first footage in a launch trailer.

Deleted member 43552

User requested account closure
Banned
May 17, 2018
GOW Ragnarok in my mind will release 2022. It makes the perfect 2022 holiday title, perhaps with Spiderman 2.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Don't forget third party first year. FF16 was always planned for first year release, let's hope it can still make it.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the hell do people jump to conclusions like this? There's literally no official footage of GoW:R yet, so they aren't just going to include a logo in this launch trailer just as they aren't going to debut its first footage in a launch trailer.
But they haven't even had a launch trailer yet have they?
Edit: Nvm you meant PS5 launch not game I'm an idiot
just the title splash. Pretty sure if they had more to show (ie if it was really far enough along in development to come out next year) we would have seen it by now

Not for sure why my take has you so triggered? If you think Sony is above doing something like that then I don't know what to tell you.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I would probably release GOW in 2022 even if it's ready before (and use the extra time to polish). 2021 is crazy already.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Thats a mad 12 months, you have to be switched on to pull off a year 1 lineup like that, and thats just year 1.
Glad they remade the ad to include games.

klauskpm

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I don't believe Horizon and GoW are going to be 2021 titles. There is too much time for things to go wrong, we didn't see a thing from GoW, and 2021 was only a target year for Horizon.

That said, even without those games, they have plenty of great games for 2021. And those two coming to 2022 guarantee an amazing year as well.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Cmon... i GOT CHILLS watching the trailer. So GOOD.
Can't wait to have my hands on my own PS5

Oct 25, 2017
There is going to be a new Killzone? Or just a rumor?

Speculation, but they hired the original director of Rainbow Six Siege as well as other shooter vets.

Killzone? what?
Spider-Man 2? 2 years after Miles Morales? A smaller game that took more than 2 years in production?

Agree with the rest though.

Killzone based on this:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...x-siege-multiplayer-devs-for-unannounced-game

Just my educated guess of course. Spider-Man 2 because there seems to be development overlap with MM based on tweets from Bryan Intihar and Insomniac works fast. Again, just an educated guess.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I like the ad but there's no way all of those games are going to release in 2021

With the amount of games scheduled for next year due to delays alone it doesn't make sense for Sony to release all of them unless they absolutely know there will never be a year in ps5s lifecycle where there will be a weak zone in terms of game releases.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'll throw my guesses too:
Returnal in January (based on finalized retail box art leaking on Amazon back in September I have been speculating that it is a late delay from launch lineup, so January)
Destruction AllStars in February (confirmed)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart in March (announced as "launch window" which i am guessing means by March)
GT7 in May
Horizon Forbidden West in July/August
The Last of Us Factions in September
God of War Ragnarok in November (unless if delayed, which can totally happen)

This seems accurate, and even if delayed, I can see GOW:R being Mar 2022 at the latest (around 4 years since the original).