• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get hype about many celebrities, but MBJ and Naomi Osaka are near the top of a very short list.

Marketing team really has the finger on the pulse, by getting these two off the bat.

So RE8 is basically RE4 in first person right?
Think about it~

RE4 is 3rd person

RE4 is 4 --> 4 x 2 = 8 --> RE8

3rd person is 3 --> 3 - 2 = 1 --> 1st person

Open your third eye, fam.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom should've made a proper RE8 gameplay trailer imo.

It's cool and all that they are showing it here, but the quality of the footage looks kinda low (both for RE and Spider-Man) and all the quick cuts are frustrating.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Think about it~

RE4 is 3rd person

RE4 is 4 --> 4 x 2 = 8 --> RE8

3rd person is 3 --> 3 - 2 = 1 --> 1st person

Open your third eye, fam.
2bn.gif

Oct 27, 2017
That RE8 gameplay looks great. Seems like there is more verticality now. Ethan seems to be more trained too if the way he is holding the guns means anything.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
The videos are literally encoded at 24fps so all the gameplay including Miles Morales is 24fps.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I mean in terms of black excellence overall.

I was wondering specifically who Xbox had in their ads, like below
The Xbox Series S|X launch trailer starred Daniel Kaluuya.

www.gameinformer.com

New Xbox Series X Commercial "Power Your Dreams" Stars Daniel Kaluuya

The new Xbox Series X commercial is nothing short of "lit" and features a whole lot of Master Chief.
Cool—if they a third Black Panther actor shows up, I will consider it confirmation of a upcoming tie-in game

I know you're not doing this, but just in case people decide to do so, I don't think black folks should be used as ammunition in console wars rhetoric.
I will refrain from discussing it then.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
RE8 looks pretty underwhelming graphically for allegedly being a 30FPS next-gen exclusive.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
RE8 doesn't look too hot, but i'm sure Capcom will do a good job with the final build of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks slow and very underwhelming. I'll reserve judgment until we get better quality footage and we get a more complete build. I'm assuming this is still early.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
RE7 is one of the best games in the series, can't wait for RE8!
It's weird - I enjoyed it when I originally played it at release but I faulted it for the kind of repetitive nature of the moulded, the final third of the game losing steam and leaving a bit of a disappointing final impression. But revisiting it, it really clicked what they went for and it's become one of my favorite RE games (and I adore the series overall). I've said it before, but this has to be the single most successfully diversified series in terms of gameplay style in the entire medium.

it's supposed to be 60fps, the final product at least. Just like every other RE engine game.
Has this been confirmed? Seems like all the footage we've seen has been 30fps and I don't recall that being the case with RE7. Wondering if ray-tracing and resolution are costing them their standard 60fps. It'd be too bad because it really made RE7 and REmake 2 and 3 feel incredible.