• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexzan

Sep 24, 2019
Italy
Famitsu has just published an article with a interview with Jim Ryan. Translation of the title follows: "Next-generation VR system to be released exclusively for PS5! SIE President Jim Ryan talks about the future of PlayStation 5." (via Deepl)

Also, in the article, there's an interesting tidbit.

--Confirmation: ...... So you are releasing a new VR system that is different from the PS VR that was released for PS4!

Ryan: Yes, it's something completely new, designed for PS5.

--No, that's amazing! You said that you will be making an announcement soon, but will you be revealing information about compatible software at that time?

Ryan: We are in the process of distributing development kits to various companies and indie studios. The software lineup itself will be decided in the future. As for the game, we don't have anything to tell you at this time.

www.famitsu.com

PS5専用の次世代VRシステム発売を予告! 本体の供給増も明言。SIE社長 ジム・ライアン氏が語るプレステ5の展望 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

2020年11月12日の発売以来、品薄状態が続いているプレイステーション5(PS5)。そんなPS5の立ち上げと今後の展望について、ソニー・インタラクティブエンタテインメント(SIE)社長 ジム・ライアン氏を直撃取材。PS5の供給体制に関する話のほか、PS5専用の次世代VRシステム発売の話が飛び出した!

EDIT: Confirmed (PS Blog)

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hasn't this been know for awhile now. I know there is a lot of sky is falling threads here about VR and Sony but a second gen VR has always been spoken about by Sony.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Even if PS VR didn't take off like they expected, I still had a fantastic time with mine and it introduced me to how amazing VR is. Many of my favorite experiences this gen were in VR. Looking forward to this.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Yes please.

Trying PVSR yesterday for Hitman 3 after a 2 year break was ROUGH having used an Oculus Go regularly

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: I re-read it: "It will connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience."

Yep, not wireless then. :(

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Excited for this as well. Got PSVR day 1 and have loved playing it (despite its issues). Hopefully, PSVR2 addresses many of those.

Magog

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
Beautiful. I think the top of the line wifi in the PS5 hints at a wireless design.

Oct 31, 2017
ONE CORD

tREVLwEdDfC9kCWals8nbykm8yeNAicWs6V1bHifOnvYTyPD-Emgeb2UE9z6f23XschXkIXAkC1UvWIkvk59hHDYIL62bmqf-MIfuEq-7hZoVGP2lTzZoDVW1f1lfhtXk072zoJq7LNVKklR3BNFY7epfXHi-AZ-dCMVfJmHp-MPqcR8vsi5NJ4Iv-43hoM2jj16-tfGTneRpjkzBZzH3o6iB8gzFRuKr4tMIJd4Pc71YBL44T5myBKs6oTq

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Nice to hear an announcement on PSVR 2.

Some of the most innovative and immersive experiences last gen I had with PSVR (RE7, WipEout Omega, Paper Beast, Astrobot to name a few).
The recent Hitman VR is pretty rough - still, pretty fun though to walk around those familiar spaces.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of expected with how uncompatible the PS5 is with the PSVR.

One chord = bliss

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
I was hoping that it would have been a wireless design but I guess one cord is better than what is currently the set up with PSVR. I've been holding off on experiencing VR until this new headset arrives.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna forward this conversation to the other thread now that it's confirmed.

www.resetera.com

[PS Blog] Introducing the next generation of VR on PlayStation News

More than four years ago, we launched PlayStation VR to offer a transformative new way to play games on PS4, providing a much stronger sense of presence and deeper immersion to players compared with traditional games. In that time, we’ve seen tremendous experiences that have propelled virtual...

Status
Not open for further replies.