• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This ad particularly focuses on how she's voted during the impeachment trial so far.

Chickens coming home to roost haha
This is what I like to see.

Also, a reminder this is from a conservative leaning group too!

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't she in a swing state and currently one of the most unpopular senators right now? Perfect.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone in the know please tell me how likely her re-election is? I'm hoping its far less than assured but I'm used to disappointment.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
She's right though. If she does what they want, they'll fight to remove her. If she doesn't do what they want, they'll fight to remove her. What's her incentive to not toe the party line?

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Can someone in the know please tell me how likely her re-election is? I'm hoping its far less than assured but I'm used to disappointment.
At the moment, she's killing her opponent, but by a smaller margin than in past races. Still, up by around 16 percentage points. Still early though.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking as a Maine voter, she should just do whatever she thinks is right (haha) because we're going to get rid of her in November if it's the last thing we ever, ever do.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
At the moment, she's killing her opponent, but by a smaller margin than in past races. Still, up by around 16 percentage points. Still early though.
There hasn't been a poll since July AFAIK and polling is notoriously unreliable when talking about Maine. Collins (national) net approval rating has dropped 10 points since then. Most people don't even know who Sara Gideon is yet.

Most Maine elections involve relatively little spending and this one is going to be real expensive... should be fun!

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a warning to other Republicans as to what will happen if they break ranks.

Oct 27, 2017
Why do politicians act as though doing the right thing but losing reelection is somehow the worst thing ever? I mean they had some sort of job before being a politician and they can probably easily slide into lobbying. If your constituents are so shitty that you need to do evil to get reelected, perhaps you should move.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being the Republican senators that broke ranks and voted for impeachment removal. They'd be in history books for a move like that.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Why do politicians act as though doing the right thing but losing reelection is somehow the worst thing ever? I mean they had some sort of job before being a politician and they can probably easily slide into lobbying. If your constituents are so shitty that you need to do evil to get reelected, perhaps you should move.

Because, like the "head on a pike" reporting from eariler, there will be repercussions that go beyond a backed challenger:

No matter how they voted otherwise, no matter how deeply Conservative/Liberterian they are (scratch that, BECAUSE of that), no matter how desperately they need butts in seats in the face of a sustained blue wave, they were cut down in plain sight of their colleagues. "Someone here's not a team player." Two of those seats flipped to the Dems, (one in SOUTH CAROLINA?!?), one went Indy in a tough district? Doesn't matter. Hold the line. Sacrifice for the criminal organization that is enveloping you slowly. Or your political career dies and no one will defend your action, much less follow you into the breach.

That's the thing, this is a "damned if you do, damned if you dont" type of thing for vulnerable GOP seats. Im guessing Moscow Mitch is trying his damnedest to get this out of a real vote to even acquit with or without GOP Yeahs as it would put them on paper as something that enrages a side (ME for example, Collins gets a ton of Indy and Dem votes in a lean-D state) due to how many bills have been just sat on his desk. If he could whip this liberal-ass legislation back in the House's face or rip out the liberal parts he would have but doesn't. He can't risk creating a paper trail for the AZ/IA/ME/CO/NC/GA/TX races as much as possible.

Unless it becomes obvious before the jury vote that 5+ seats WILL flip, Moscow Mitch will not buckle. If IF that comes to pass damningly obvious, he may open the floodgates to 20+ to vote Yeah to remove. None of this 5-10 business. That wouldn't help anyone keep the Senate in the bloated corpse that once was the GOP's hands. Same for random bolting stragglers. No win condition there unless they're deeply hit with morals and spine all the sudden on an individual basis.

They are cast out of the entire community. Friends don't deem fit to be seen in public with them. Job oppotunities evaporate. They are branded a TRAITOR, and the same goes for any voter who does that at that level too. This crew (outside of Conway who's a weasel doing the right thing for his own shady reasons), are a collections of said exiles striking back.

And the GOP cannot allow breaking ranks now. Not with what's coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.