• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
It's offensive how this game looks so much better than Sword and Shield. GF needs to learn. And it's not even art styles. Textures and lightning is miles better than Sword and shield.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No other game announcement matters as much as this one today.

THE MAD LADS HAVE DONE IT!!!!!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
A sequel to Pokemon Snap has been one of those dream predictions we've been trotting out each year for as long as I can remember.

And much like Animal Crossing in the modern age, I think this could blow up on social media.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No wonder they didn't announce the "big project." It would have gotten overshadowed by this.

Pokemon Snap >>>>>>>>>> Anything else

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
At the moment I think it might look a little spare in terms of nooks and crannies for Pokémon to emerge from, but the trailer is pretty clear about the whole "under development" thing, and it really only seems to show two areas (beach/ocean and woods.) So we'll see more of what the game has to offer once it's ready.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Am I high? They can't possibly have been listening to what people actually want, right?

EDIT: Pokemon Puzzle League next, por favor (though I guess they would have to make a Panel de Pon game and then totally redo all the graphics to make it faithful to the original, haha).

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
No wonder they didn't announce the "big project." It would have gotten overshadowed by this.

Pokemon Snap >>>>>>>>>> Anything else
Truth. Pokemon Snap was one of the most enthralling ways to experience the Pokemon universe. Now there are like 750+ more Pokemon they can potentially draw upon, HD graphics, possibly gyro, screenshots and social media sharing -- it's an exceedingly welcome announcement.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
At the moment I think it might look a little spare in terms of nooks and crannies for Pokémon to emerge from, but the trailer is pretty clear about the whole "under development" thing, and it really only seems to show two areas (beach/ocean and woods.) So we'll see more of what the game has to offer once it's ready.
The PR on the official site also mentions jungles and deserts

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No interest in the mainline games anymore, and I was waiting for an appealing spinoff to come around to rekindle my interest in the franchise. Did not expect that to be a new Pokemon Snap, which always felt like a pipe dream.

Now...would a new TCG game be too much to ask for?

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that the reaction is more positive and hyping everyone up than a Pokemon mainline title, says it all.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
HOLY SHIT, IT IS ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

Oh my god, I can't believe it. Another Pokemon Snap game is finally here. T_T

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
I wonder if it will again have a character judge your photographs, though I'm not sure they'd do Professor Oak again due to his JP actor's death. Though I can always hear Oak's (english) "YOU WERE CLOSE!", so we'd need a worth successor.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
This blew my mind!! Made the apocalypse worth it.

Now if they made a pokemon AAA title like this I'd be a complete boy.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
So this is how AZ felt when his Floette finally returned to him after 3 0 0 0 y e a r s.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit. That came out of nowhere.

Pokemon Snap is easily the Pokemon game I have the most fondness for. SIgn me up.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy this is finally happening, but still surprised that it took them this long to do a sequel.

The Wii seemed like the perfect generation to give the game another go, what with the large player base and motion controls, so the fact they didn't do it then made me think the series might have just been permanently dead. Glad that is not the case at least.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
I'm already in. This game has so much potential. The Pokemon world has expanded so much over the last 20 years. Games have become so much more ambitious.

I just watched that Easy Allies video, and I can imagine so many things being improved/added: new items, larger inventory, evolution stones, multiple forms of the same Pokemon for different areas (like Vulpix!), multiple boss encounters! The list goes on forever! Imagine more characters. Like you meet Bruno and he gives you a stage-specific item to interact with fighting types.

I bet some of you could come up with better ways they can expand too.

Pokemon Puzzle League next, por favor (though I guess they would have to make a Panel de Pon game and then totally redo all the graphics to make it faithful to the original, haha).

I legit, in part, came here to say "now a new Pokemon Puzzle League, please" lol that's one of my top-10 games! I need it!

jiggyfresh

Oct 27, 2017
What a nice birthday announcement to wake up to. I have a lot of fond memories playing the original with my brother. He even did the printouts at Blockbuster and entered the photo contest. Was always surprised a sequel didn't materialize on WiiU but better late than never.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm happy this is finally happening, but still surprised that it took them this long to do a sequel.

The Wii seemed like the perfect generation to give the game another go, what with the large player base and motion controls, so the fact they didn't do it then made me think the series might have just been permanently dead. Glad that is not the case at least.
I am 100% sure this exists now and not before because now they can reuse all the already made Pokemon 3D models. Really Bandai Namco just have to add a few animations, design the world and little else.