• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Pokemon Company via mainly CoroCoro used to do this a TON back in the day... they'd reveal the silouette of a new Pokemon or a couple, and folks would have sometimes of up to a month to speculate on them.

I remember Lucario, where folks thought it was some sort of Mew x Blaziken fusion as even CoroCoro mentioned how it appeared to resemble both of them, the triple silouettes of Bonsly, Buisel, and Weavile, the triple silouettes of the Unova Starters which led to some amazing guesses like Acorn Duck, and, like, as far as I remember the last time they did this was back in Generation V with Wargle on the Pokemon Sunday show.

Just saw they're FINALLY bringing back this gimmick with the new Event Pokemon to be featured in the next Pokemon Film "Coco", with a silouette of it appearing any day now in this month's issue of CoroCoro with an official reveal on Pokemon Day.

I'm fucking hyped.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I am curious about it. Sadly these mysticals are never allowed for competitive ;_;

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
S4PsuUg.png

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Hell yeah they are, a new Silhouette in 2020 is something that I never expected in my wildest dreams and I'm intrigued to see what it might be like.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
My idea is due to the Jungle Theme of Coco, it could be inspired by Tiki/Feather Masks aka could be a Pokemon wearing a Feather Mask

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I think the wing thing might be a fancy ear.

The curved thing in the middle is an arm and then the leg down with some roundish thing at the foot.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
*Sends Houndoom into battle*

Sorry, i'm not a monarchy person.
As are most plebians, luckily, your opinion isnt needed and wont be noted.
Pokemon is a world ruled by Might, and thats why the leaders of Regions are decided by Battle.

Royal Gardevoir will now remove you from the Premises.

You mutt shall be put down.
We will send you the candy later.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Wanted them to bring back silhouettes for the longest time 😭

And: look at all those chickens!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As a heads up we have a bigger version of that new silhouette (linked because it's a scan)

still looks like the old Sonic title screen emblem on a bizarro Incineroar's body to me