• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So zigzagoon was a pretty big anomaly then. Cool.

We don't know that, remember there is a lot that they haven't shown us and like it or not gen 1 Pokémon are more marketable simply due to nostalgia reason.

v8zx2Zf.png

Heh, the design looks cool. Though I am unsure if I will make my Charizard Gigantamax .

Actually, it would be interesting to see if the Charizard that I had breed for generations actually has the means to Gigantamax as not all Pokémon can do so. 🤔

Say what you want but Charizard looks so badass

EHAKIHdXkAE9p8C

Yep, it also shows the creativity of Game Freak as Charizard has 4 forms as they are still able to come up with new designs for him.

May Charizard continue to appear in every generation and get more new forms.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
So the leaked pokemon plus the Butterfree for good measure.

I hope you aren't stupid like me and like pokemon from gen 2 or any other gen.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind gen 1 pandering but please, JUSTICE FOR MACHAMP!
It's all about Gengar/Alakazam while Machamp/Golem sit there crying (Golem got Alolan form at least). The Pokédex entries even talk about how Machamp wouldn't be able to control his strength without his belt.
May Charizard continue to appear in every generation and get more new forms.
One day or another, the new generation fad will be fusion with trainers and you know it.

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Not caring about something because it wont be in another game years later is definitely one of the weirder stances to take.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
aa0.png

I wasn't expecting much after the leaks on 4 Kanto Gigantimax, but I was expecting a new mode or some new galar pokemon to get revealed.

Instead we get a 5th (?!) Kanto Gigantimax, 2 of them require owning other games entirely and 1 of them is a pre-order bonus.

There better be more news later today because this might be the worst update yet.

At least the website gives this gem.

ENJOY POKÉMON: LET'S GO, PIKACHU! AND POKÉMON: LET'S GO, EEVEE!

ContentImpishKob-size_restricted.gif

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I figured out the second stage starters guys: they turn into Galarian forms of Mankey, Wigglytuff, and Lapras because fuck you here's more Gen 1.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
So much focus put on shallow stuff that doesn't really improve the games in any way or push the series forward. It's all flashy stuff and so little of it too. This marketing is terrible and makes the game look really underwhelming.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I honestly don't care about Gigantamaxing, doubt I'll ever use it unless I'm forced to. They had a good thing going with Mega's in Gen 6, but they had to go and ruin it.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno ... but you know, Hydreigon already being a 3-headed Dragon type Pokemon kinda makes more sense to use than to somehow Frankensteining Dragonite into getting three heads .... which sounds creepy and now haunts me for the rest of the day.

We already have godzilla and mothra in tyranitar and volcarona, yet we still got these.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Called Gigantomax Pikachu showing up today, but seriously an entire trailer for gen 1 pandering is super disappointing

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. Kinda cool, but I'm just not too enthused about removing something like mega forms and replacing it with this. Z-moves at least lived alongside Megas and were also kind of a counter, but this is just the same thing with a different coat of paint.

If we just get a revolving door of similar mechanics that negate the old ones, this really isn't a good way to keep the games evolving.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Right, my bad. I forgot the Direct was in September and not August. Still. Almost a month and a half is a long time.

They're releasing a trailer every month so I don't think it's that fair considering they announced them in the last trailer...

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
aa0.png

I wasn't expecting much after the leaks on 4 Kanto Gigantimax, but I was expecting a new mode or some new galar pokemon to get revealed.

Instead we get a 5th (?!) Kanto Gigantimax, 2 of them require owning other games entirely and 1 of them is a pre-order bonus.

There better be more news later today because this might be the worst update yet.

At least the website gives this gem.

ContentImpishKob-size_restricted.gif
Meowth isn't a pre-order bonus.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Best thing about this trailer though? We got to hear Marnie's battle theme in full

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Gigantamax seems like that thing that'll be cool 1 or 2 times then get old really really fast. I'll likely opt to not do it wherever I can just to make battles go faster.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
We already have godzilla and mothra in tyranitar and volcarona, yet we still got these.

So? No Pokemon has additional heads grown in their G-Form, they all build on the base design ... sometimes with memes added ...

And just because this batch of G-Forms was Kanto only doesn't mean that other gen Pokemon won't get them. No matter how hard you project ...

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
How is it weird? One of the long running aspects that people love from pokemon is bring your old pokemon from gen to gen.

So instead of enjoying content in a game you're going to cross your arms and say "no, i dont like it because i dont get to use it years from now!" ? its weird as fuuuuuck, but a lot of the reactions to these games feel so forced so maybe its an act.

JC317

May 29, 2018
At this point, should we even expect the final evolutions of Gen 8 starters to be able to Gigantamax?

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
They gotta stop hyping up these drops. Just release these trailers at random and stop getting people hopes up

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
So instead of enjoying content in a game you're going to cross your arms and say "no, i dont like it because i dont get to use it years from now!" ? its weird as fuuuuuck, but a lot of the reactions to these games feel so forced so maybe its an act.
People like and dislike different aspects of things. It's hard to get excited for a mechanic in a franchise known for carrying over things from past games when you know said mechanic won't get carried over.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Speaking of Lapras, are you ready for ANOTHER trailer like this because Gigantamax Lapras was in that one leak.
God, don't remind me.

I've been saying it for a while now but I'm 100% sure that Zigzagoon is the only non-Gen 1 Galar form. I bet they would have used Rattata AGAIN if they hadn't already given it a Normal/Dark form last gen.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
God, don't remind me.

I've been saying it for a while now but I'm 100% sure that Zigzagoon is the only non-Gen 1 Galar form. I bet they would have used Rattata AGAIN if they hadn't already given it a Normal/Dark form last gen.
Zigzagoon is 100% not the only non-gen 1 galarian form I think you should relax

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. It's tiring seeing attempts at evolving or moving the franchise forward that, like clockwork, get abandoned every three years. Why would I get excited about these designs? They'll honestly only be relevant for a couple years before practically disappearing from the franchise.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
You know what. By this point I actually want the dataminers to leak the game in its entirety. This marketing cycle has been very slow. Might as well spice it up.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta agree that this has been a pretty poor marketing cycle, and this is from someone excited for the games. More Gen 1 pandering for the Gigantimax Pokemon, and I'm afraid they're going to count those as "new".

"Over 70 new Pokemon to discover!"**

**40 Galar Pokemon, 15 Galar Regional Forms, 15 Gigantimax Forms

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine not being able to understand why people aren't excited to get attached to something that will just get taken away from them anyways and then claiming they aren't really upset just because you don't understand it.