• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
What is the point of saying this kind of stuff?

I have very little keeping me going in life and need every little thing I can. I cant even talk about this game on any form of social media without it turning into just people trying their best to bring down any excitement. Same thing happened with last years game to where it was just pointless to even go into threads.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've decided, after much deliberation, that I do not like Duraludon. Chiefly because it cannot turn its head or move its neck, which seems really limiting considering its otherwise anthropomorphic body type.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I have very little keeping me going in life and need every little thing I can. I cant even talk about this game on any form of social media without it turning into just people trying their best to bring down any excitement. Same thing happened with last years game to where it was just pointless to even go into threads.
It is literally no one else's responsibility to ensure that your excitement is maintained, just put people on ignore, the pettiness isn't necessary.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Could Mecha-Godzilla?

My friend...

Godzilla-vs-Mechagodzilla-GIF-random-37219487-500-340.gif

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Not feeling the new pokemon at all, i liked corviknight but this new batch is.... ugh.
And disappointed gigantomaxing or whatever is literally mega evolution again. Was happy enough deluding myself into thinking it was just the same pokemon bigger/stronger and they would actually go back to making permanent evolutions for stuff. It was a nice dream while it lasted.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is literally no one else's responsibility to ensure that your excitement is maintained, just put people on ignore, the pettiness isn't necessary.

Haters of the game shit on every thread they see with all the pettiness and condescencion they can display but it doesn't work the other way around for a single sentence ?

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
So how many evolutionary stages does everyone thing these new Pokemon have?
I'm gonna say Alcremie is a 1 stage line, Yamper is 2 stage with it being the first stage, Rolycoly is 2 stage with it being the fist stage and Duraludon is 3 stage with it being the final stage, but it isn't the Pseudo Legendary.

I think Alcreamie is a 2 stage line (with a pre-evo) or possibly an evolution, which would be weird. That's the thing with new Pokémon, even though we have the leak talking about Pikachu and Meowth, the thought of a new Pokémon getting a Gigantamax form AND an evolution, seems, weird. Like, the Gigantamax form would totally overshadow the evolution.

Also, Corviknight and Drednaw could perfectly have pre-evolutions, but again, if the goal is to find the special Corviknight or Drednaw that can Gigantamax, nobody will focus on getting the pre-evolution that will evolve into a common specimen, so the pre-evolution gets overshadowed. So I feel like they might end up being 1 stage lines, unless Corviknight really is the regional bird.

I still have doubts about Duraludon. It could end up being like Haxorus, but I also feel like it could be the pseudo, despite its design. But I give it 3 stages too.

And Rolycoly, I feel like it's gonna be 3 as well, like Geodude. Yamper will get 1 evolution.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yes but GO Raids were not locked behind a paid online wall.
Nor are these. You can do them locally, for free, or failing that with CPU players...also for free.

This is the sort of misinformation I've been talking about. People sharing such comments and people believing it when it's not even close to truth.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
real curious how the anime is going to do it.

I was also thinking about how the anime seasons are gonna be called. For some reason I don't see the overly sensitive US parents associations or whatever groups that promote censorship of the episodes, or even Disney itself, putting the name of a weapon (Pokémon Sword) on the title of, potentially, several seasons, depending of how much it lasts the generation.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Nor are these. You can do them locally, for free, or failing that with CPU players...also for free.

This is the sort of misinformation I've been talking about. People sharing such comments and people believing it when it's not even close to truth.
You saw its post just like me.

It was a low effort drive-by, people like that aren't interested by facts. You should ignore them while communicating about facts.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
if the goal is to find the special Corviknight or Drednaw that can Gigantamax, nobody will focus on getting the pre-evolution that will evolve into a common specimen, so the pre-evolution gets overshadowed.
I think If they have a pre-evolution, the special gigantamaxxing juice will carry over in evolution.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
That moment when Sun/Moon on Citra looks better :v

Sword and Shield are the most visually impressive Pokémon games by a meaningful margin. Whether you are pleased with it or not is a totally different story, of course, but Sword and Shield is many times more grand than any of the 3DS games and Citra is not enough to change that. I definitely get that it's not as grand of a leap as people wanted, hoped, or possibly expect, but that doesn't mean the improvement isn't otherwise apparent.

I will be happy to play a Pokémon game that looks this good, even though I'd rather we had this opportunity in, like, 2013.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Not a fan of temporary evolutions at all, and was hoping Dynamaxing would be the end of it since every mon could grow huge. :-(

The rest looks good though. I'm digging the new Gym leader designs.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was also thinking about how the anime seasons are gonna be called. For some reason I don't see the overly sensitive US parents associations or whatever groups that promote censorship of the episodes, or even Disney itself, putting the name of a weapon (Pokémon Sword) on the title of, potentially, several seasons, depending of how much it lasts the generation.

p9628714_v_v8_af.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
No need to be like this, I am sure they got it. I am not saying you are wrong, but you can say it more nicely.
I honestly tried.

Haters of the game shit on every thread they see with all the pettiness and condescencion they can display but it doesn't work the other way around for a single sentence ?
It doesn't work either way, who said it did? If you have a problem, report them, call them on it, put them on ignore, do what you gotta do. Meeting toxicity with toxicity doesn't accomplish anything, though, so watch it.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if they were, do you think any of Nintendo's first party devs actually wants to paywall their stuff? I'm pretty sure Splatoon 2 would have enjoyed more MAU.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You saw its post just like me.

It was a low effort drive-by, people like that aren't interested by facts. You should ignore them while communicating about facts.
Thing is, I'm seeing that sort of BS everywhere and people believing and sharing it.

Same with the pre-order bonus. People are for some reason taking it to mean it's additional content that'll also be charged for later, comparing Game Freak to EA.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I think Alcreamie is a 2 stage line (with a pre-evo) or possibly an evolution, which would be weird. That's the thing with new Pokémon, even though we have the leak talking about Pikachu and Meowth, the thought of a new Pokémon getting a Gigantamax form AND an evolution, seems, weird. Like, the Gigantamax form would totally overshadow the evolution.

Also, Corviknight and Drednaw could perfectly have pre-evolutions, but again, if the goal is to find the special Corviknight or Drednaw that can Gigantamax, nobody will focus on getting the pre-evolution that will evolve into a common specimen, so the pre-evolution gets overshadowed. So I feel like they might end up being 1 stage lines, unless Corviknight really is the regional bird.

I still have doubts about Duraludon. It could end up being like Haxorus, but I also feel like it could be the pseudo, despite its design. But I give it 3 stages too.

And Rolycoly, I feel like it's gonna be 3 as well, like Geodude. Yamper will get 1 evolution.
Corviknight is definitely the 3 stage regional line.
I wonder if Pokemon bread from a Raid Pokemon can Gigantamax, if not then Gigantamax is going to be very limited in competitive.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

You still get notified when ignored people quote you, reminding you of their existence. Unless that's an option im unaware of. (and its already a long list)
Right after I posted that, someones claiming CEMU looks better which I cant understand as being anything other than trolling.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That moment when Sun/Moon on Citra looks better :v
Even setting aside the visuals for a second (and Citra Sun and Moon doesn't even compare, come on), the scope and scale of the world's so much advanced over Sun and Moon to make the comparison utterly meaningless. S/M's small flat cities and routes don't even slightly compare.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's okay, but I'm still not quite sure what it's body and head piece are evocative of. A lighter? A gun?

I don't think anyone has been able to figure it out. I'm in the camp that thinks it's evocative of something but can't identify what. I've heard lighter, I've heard laundry iron, I've heard gun, but I have no idea. It looks like something but doesn't seem to match anything.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

That's good enough ;)

Thing is, I'm seeing that sort of BS everywhere and people believing and sharing it.

Same with the pre-order bonus. People are for some reason taking it to mean it's additional content that'll also be charged for later, comparing Game Freak to EA.

Lol I swear :p

Let's hope that this nonsense will get less and less traction, there is some criticism to be had of course but that's just stupid.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've decided, after much deliberation, that I do not like Duraludon. Chiefly because it cannot turn its head or move its neck, which seems really limiting considering its otherwise anthropomorphic body type.

Did you climb the Era corporate ladder or were you always a admin?

It's not official until we see Duraludon animation in the anime. If people are going to use Wingul anime animation to show it flaps its wings then I won't except that Duraludon can't turn its neck until I see it in the anime.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Yes but GO Raids were not locked behind a paid online wall.
Neither are SwSh's, because you can play solo offline and via local wireless. Except in Go, you're limited to a raid a day, unless you buy Premium Passes, which might cost real money. And you need to be outside, at a gym, to play. And you most likely can't solo raids if they're above Level 3, because you're on your own instead of having AI help you.
So there are quite a few differences that might actually make the Raids in SwSh popular. Having event Pokémon in raids is going to be crucial for this.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Lol I swear :p

Let's hope that this nonsense will get less and less traction, there is some criticism to be had of course but that's just stupid.
It's getting worse and worse everywhere, including Reddit.

That VGC site posted their interview with Game Freak staff again and it was once again riddled with contradictory statements and grammatical nightmares which makes me question bits, and people focus on that one staff member, who works nearly solely on Gear Projects, making the claim that Pokémon isn't the focus anymore. The fact they posted it again now makes me question things too.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Remembering how compromised the first major city was in Sun/Moon doesn't sit well with me. It's hard for.for me to take HD Sun and Moon looking better seriously.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Did you climb the Era corporate ladder or was you always a admin?

Only since the beginning of June. There's no corporate ladder though. Still just a volunteer and still just a community member happy to serve.

It's not official until we see Duraludon animation in the anime. If people are going to use Wingul anime animation to show it flaps its wings then I won't except that Duraludon can't turn its neck until I see it in the anime.

A lot of Pokémon are animated with so much more life and locomotion in the anime. Some really inert-looking Pokémon have definitely come to life there (like Cofagrigus). I've learned not to count anyone out until I've seen them there, even though I am not an active-viewer.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
According to GameFreak haters literally every spin-off, from N64 to Wii, and even mobile, looks better than SWSH. It's pretty hilarious.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
According to GameFreak haters literally every spin-off, from N64 to Wii, and even mobile, looks better than SWSH. It's pretty hilarious.
I don't feel that way about the graphics at all, but I do feel that way about the animations in the Stadium games, Gamecube games, and Pokemon Battle Revolution. It definitely looks better than Gamecube games, I just wish the animations and the way the attacks are anchored to Pokemon's body parts and stuff like that carried over to the main series games. I do wish people wouldn't say stupid hyperbolic stuff like that, because I'd like to be able to voice my criticism and not be lumped in with those dumb arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.