• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
7_8_rolycoly_1_2x.jpg

This game looks so nice.
And I have high hope that the rock Pokémon with Heatproof evolves into something great.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay? That's three Pokemon. My point still stands.

The pander pander pander whining gets old. Especially when someone will just bring it up for the sake of it.
Can't people criticize when they just screwed up hard in this aspect in SM? Regional forms were a great idea and gen 1 pandering ruined it.

Maybe they can listen to criticism and improve.

Pokémon fans should stop trying to shut down every single bit of criticism.

To spin all the design and creativity of the games around the fact that it is exportable in the future must be miserable.
These are basically evolutions locked behind a gimmick that will be dropped forever the following gen.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
You know what I don't like about this thing? It's just a fucking cake. That's it. They drew a real life cake and made it cartoony. Seriously, it looks like someone took my mom's wedding cake and put it in the game.

Older Pokémon actually had personalities to them. They had quirks that separated them from actual animals.

This thing? It's. Just. A. CAKE.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
wait what? Exclusive gym leaders? wtf i like them both nooooo dont make me choose one!!

Bea look like Toph from Avatar The Last Airbender

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If these forms are just going to be thrown in the trash in 3-4 years, then why bother getting attached to them? The big problem with this gimmick focused design is that it means a bunch of new forms are utterly disposable.

Agreed. At least with past games pokemon were never disposable, even all the forms carried out to new games without problem. But oh, suddenly it's not the case!

So why should people care about shit that will be cut in the near future?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have an idea of how Gigantamaxing works and if everyone can do it?
from the website

Regular Drednaw and Corviknight can Dynamax, but there are some special members of these species that can Gigantamax.

You can catch Gigantamax Pokémon for your team by participating in Max Raid Battles, but it seems they're very rare—finding one won't be easy!

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Some cool designs shown so far - a shame you can't be sure they'll actually stick around.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Jun 2, 2019
Older Pokémon actually had personalities to them. They had quirks that separated them from actual animals.

Sure, like the Pokéball with eyes or the sludge blob with eyes. Oh, and a mouth

Or the literal rat and the bigger rat

Please don't pull my tongue. The whole pokedex right from gen 1 is shittable using your exact.same.words

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
A water type stab damage move that ALSO activates Stealth Rock? This meta is gonna be fucking wild, cause holy shit did they just burn the rulebooks.

In other news, I am surprised about how much they are showing, like seriously. Gigantamax is 100% activated like Megas, you can see this towards the end of the trailer with the regular cake Pokemon only with Dynamax. Which is interesting, cause multiform battles are now a thing, which will be insane for the single player story battles. And yeah, I am likely more and more right. Dynamax/Gigantamax is a consolidated gimmick, Megas will now become Gigantamax forms for Pokemon with them and Z-Moves and signature Z-Moves will likely become G-Moves.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. At least with past games pokemon were never disposable, even all the forms carried out to new games without problem. But oh, suddenly it's not the case!

So why should people care about shit that will be cut in the near future?
There are plenty of forms that are forever stuck in their original games.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
from the website

Regular Drednaw and Corviknight can Dynamax, but there are some special members of these species that can Gigantamax.

You can catch Gigantamax Pokémon for your team by participating in Max Raid Battles, but it seems they're very rare—finding one won't be easy!
Wait, so even among Drednaw and Corviknight, only specific ones can Gigantamax?

....why?

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
So does gigantamaxing work with every pokemon? If it does, then I think they have a pretty good excuse for dropping national dex this gen, it was inevitable anyway.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: sustained hostility over a series of posts
I'm shocked they're putting more focus onto new Pokémon in the new games than the old ones. Shocked!
So fuck anybody who's favorite pokmon is missing but here's a giant cake who's gimmick will be useless in a few years.
To spin all the design and creativity of the games around the fact that it is exportable in the future must be miserable.
There the ones who said there's to many animations. Why should I give a crap about something if there just gonna say "fuck you" later and then take it away?

Why bother building any sort of attachment to these new pokemon when now we don't even know if they'll stay?

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I can't deal with James Turner's designs. The concepts are actually good, but like 8 out of 10 Galar Pokemon revealed so far are completely ugly and hideous for me.

And this gigantamax stuff... everything about this game feels like DevianArt Project.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I don't like this design so much (mainly the huge orage eyes), hopefully it is this region's three stage rock evolution, so it can improve a bit. The coal inspiration and new ability is cool, though. Hitting that Victorian steam punk theme.
It should be a three stage evo, I didnt like roggenrola back in B/W but Gigalith sure made up for it.
I hope the pre-gigantamax version of Alcreme still has another evo, cause this looks too good to not take some elements from and make another evolution.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
A water type stab damage move that ALSO activates Stealth Rock? This meta is gonna be fucking wild, cause holy shit did they just burn the rulebooks.

In other news, I am surprised about how much they are showing, like seriously. Gigantamax is 100% activated like Megas, you can see this towards the end of the trailer with the regular cake Pokemon only with Dynamax. Which is interesting, cause multiform battles are now a thing, which will be insane for the single player story battles. And yeah, I am likely more and more right. Dynamax/Gigantamax is a consolidated gimmick, Megas will now become Gigantamax forms for Pokemon with them and Z-Moves and signature Z-Moves will likely become G-Moves.
Honestly the meta for S/S is going to be really intresting

Status
Not open for further replies.