• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, that makes me feel a bit better, they are hopefully just stepping back to the XY level of revealing stuff instead of the SM style of revealing everything.
Yeah, they went buck-wild for Sun and Moon. The monthly info-drops we've been getting here are much more consistent and measured than revealing half-a-dozen Pokémon every other week.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I literally don't understand what any of this means. Is there a guide to bring me up to speed? Last pokemon rpg I played was blue.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I literally don't understand what any of this means. Is there a guide to bring me up to speed? Last pokemon rpg I played was blue.

You really don't need to catch up on anything. Every core game is designed so that new players can jump right in and won't be lost. There's gonna be plenty of in game tutorials.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, just reiteration of prior information.
Guess the next reveal will be at Worlds then.

I'm happy with the one new video a month schedule, while it may be less exciting I'd rather not hear absolutely everything about the games. If I had to guess I'd say we'll get version exclusives and some more Galarian forms and maybe another Dynamax form next month, with starter mid-stages in October.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I have a theory of what Klink's Rumoured Galar Form could be, with it's more rounded semi-circle plus the more sharp points on the Klink have this theory that it could be based around a compas.

The first form is based on just the Compass Face:
1565334749826.jpg

voyager_compass--03392_2.jpg

The second form - Klink is based on the Compass Gears with a Steampunk twist to them.

steampunk-compass-watch-glass-cabochon-necklace.jpg

The third form - Klinklang is the entire compass, both parts of it

250px-601Klinklang.png
190318-compass-full.jpg

The reason why i think this could be it and could make sense for a UK Based Reigon is because of UK's big sea-ferring buisness today and back in the day plus their exploration of the different seas. Klinglang could work as the Pokemon's version of a Compass considering it could use Magnetism as a way of determining directions like a normal Compass. As for it's typing, i am leaning towards Steel/Flying considering the idea of a Wind Compass plus having a Pokemon that can read the wins makes sense

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019
I have a theory of what Klink's Rumoured Galar Form could be, with it's more rounded semi-circle plus the more sharp points on the Klink have this theory that it could be based around a compas.

The first form is based on just the Compass Face:
1565334749826.jpg

voyager_compass--03392_2.jpg

The second form - Klink is based on the Compass Gears with a Steampunk twist to them.

steampunk-compass-watch-glass-cabochon-necklace.jpg

The third form - Klinklang is the entire compass, both parts of it

250px-601Klinklang.png
190318-compass-full.jpg

The reason why i think this could be it and could make sense for a UK Based Reigon is because of UK's big sea-ferring buisness today and back in the day plus their exploration of the different seas. Klinglang could work as the Pokemon's version of a Compass considering it could use Magnetism as a way of determining directions like a normal Compass. As for it's typing, i am leaning towards Steel/Flying considering the idea of a Wind Compass plus having a Pokemon that can read the wins makes sense
That's an awesome theory!

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Just letting you know there is an Obstagoon text gif already on Instagram.

If this is not a sign that this boy is poised to be a star I don't what to tell you.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018

I saw this on Twitter earlier, it's a little early for starter evos to get revealed, but it's just more conversation. I haven't found the listing myself yet

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That Scorbunny plushie has been around for awhile...

IIRC it's apparently just some cheaply made rip-off.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I love the phrase "Affleck Leak"

Honestly I'm not into the idea of Galarian forms. It was cool for Alola since Hawaii has a very interesting ecosystem along with other island archipelagos like the Galapagos known for its endemic species. It was an inspired choice base on real world natural phenomena. But the Galarian forms seem more inspired by culture than nature. "I dunno... a top hat? KISS? Maybe Farfetch'd has an umbrella or something? Gardevoir Royal Wedding form?" Are we gonna have regional forms ALL the time now? It's just going to get messy and it will be even easier to cut them out of future installments.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Any mockup of a Scorbunny evolution that maintains a soccer player aesthetic would look believable. With the Affleck leak being pretty much on-point, get ready for a deluge of credible-looking starter 'leaks' before they're officially revealed. >.<

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Any mockup of a Scorbunny evolution that maintains a soccer player aesthetic would look believable. With the Affleck leak being pretty much on-point, get ready for a deluge of credible-looking starter 'leaks' before they're officially revealed. >.<
I feel like sobble's will be the hardest to predict. A "spy" look could end up being a lot of things. It definitely will be pretty thin and agile. Besides that though, it's hard to say.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Been thinking about the characters we've seen so far and what villainous motives we might see.

Something I really prefer about the first two generations of Pokémon is that the villainous teams weren't trying to accomplish something globally cataclysmic. Team Rocket was a criminal enterprise with grounded goals whereas subsequent teams were trying to effectively end the world as we know it.

Sun and Moon dialed it back in a way I really liked. Team Skull's goals just centered around perpetuating their delinquency and the Aether Foundation was trying to uncover and exploit Ultra Beasts. This is still fantastical but way more grounded than destroying the Earth or dissolving society or literally genocide.

From what we've seen so far of Sword and Shield, everybody's position in the universe is pretty realistically contextualized. They represent local institutions and programs that are largely analogous to sports competitions. The evil team as well. Unless there is an unexpected twist or a reveal that indicates otherwise, the story we get will probably revolve around cracking corruption within these institutions and have themes about honest sportsmanship.

I'm really in to that. That's way more grounded and human than most of the middle generations.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Been thinking about the characters we've seen so far and what villainous motives we might see.

Something I really prefer about the first two generations of Pokémon is that the villainous teams weren't trying to accomplish something globally cataclysmic. Team Rocket was a criminal enterprise with grounded goals whereas subsequent teams were trying to effectively end the world as we know it.

Sun and Moon dialed it back in a way I really liked. Team Skull's goals just centered around perpetuating their delinquency and the Aether Foundation was trying to confirm the existence of, and ultimately contain, Ultra Beasts. This is still fantastical but way more grounded than destroying the Earth or dissolving society or literally genocide.

From what we've seen so far of Sword and Shield, everybody's position in the universe is pretty realistically contextualized. They represent local institutions and programs that are largely analogous to sports competitions. The evil team as well. Unless there is an unexpected twist or a reveal that indicates otherwise, the story we get will probably revolve around cracking corruption within these institutions and have themes about honest sportsmanship.

I'm really in to that. That's way more grounded and human than most of the middle generations.
Rose and oleana are evil, and manipulating/controlling leon. Bede is working undercover to try to take them down. Team yell is ultimately inconsequential like skull.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Eternatus feeds upon corruption and they are inadvertently making it stronger until it starts eating corrupt people

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking Rose/Oleana are scouting for their next big thing, while rigging matches for their wonder children. meanwhile Leon is wildcarding you and Hop in defiance of Rose. go full on Fifa here

having the main evil just be a legendary is a nice turn of events, at least. I'm guessing Marnie is involved with that given the shot of her in front of a statue

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
According to the descriptions, Team Yell blocks train stations, takes over buildings, etc. I feel like they're gonna make us believe they're bad, but the real bad is Rose's company, that Team Yell has been fighting. (Rose's company is gonna be Macro Cosmos for sure).

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I love the phrase "Affleck Leak"

Honestly I'm not into the idea of Galarian forms. It was cool for Alola since Hawaii has a very interesting ecosystem along with other island archipelagos like the Galapagos known for its endemic species. It was an inspired choice base on real world natural phenomena. But the Galarian forms seem more inspired by culture than nature. "I dunno... a top hat? KISS? Maybe Farfetch'd has an umbrella or something? Gardevoir Royal Wedding form?" Are we gonna have regional forms ALL the time now? It's just going to get messy and it will be even easier to cut them out of future installments.

Farfetch'd sounds like its evolution is going to be knight themed.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Every Pokemon game is designed with the understanding that it's somebody's first Pokemon game, so you don't really need to worry too much, but here's a rundown of a couple of the terms from the thread's title:

Cross-Gen Evolutions - Pokemon games tend to be categorized into generations, with a new generation introducing a brand new setting and new Pokemon. (Sword and Shield are considered the start of Generation 8.) "Cross-Gen Evolution" isn't an official term; it just refers to a new Pokemon that is an evolution of a previously introduced Pokemon. For example, Golbat is now able to evolve into Crobat.
041-042-169_9771.png

Galarian Forms - Starting with Sun and Moon, Game Freak introduced the concept of Regional Variants, a previously introduced Pokemon with a new design, adapted to suit its new environment. The new design exists in addition to the original, not outright replacing it. For example, you might find an Ice-Type Vulpix on a snowy mountain, but a Fire-Type Vulpix traded to the same game remains Fire-Type.
600px-037Vulpix-Alola.png

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sHOhee0.png

this is already quite the improvement. will be curious to see how SS's models stack up