• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, idk he always gives me trouble right you get to the third island and right before the elite four. I turn shift off though so maybe it's that?

Interesting. I always like to spread my levels pretty much equally so I hadn't thought that the modern games encourage you to dump levels into one mon if exp. share is off, because of how far under the level curve you end up. Like I enjoy how modular the difficultly in pokemon is right now but I think full fledged difficulty options are maybe the best bet
That Hau battle can be difficult.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Why does Bede look like and old nana though
He doesn't.
You guys are missing the obvious reference here.
tenor.gif

this dude surely has something to do with Eternatus, and the leak called it 'the evil legendary' and(if you watched Devilman) I don't think his design choice was any coincidence.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
So I was watching the Japanese trailer at x0.25 speed, looking for anything else that may have inadvertently slipped in like the squirrel or the elephant, and I paused when I got to the bookstore window because I saw this:

vGWJ86s.png

kyApRB2.png

It looks kinda like a Pidove with its wings outstretched, but the chest pattern doesn't match. Or maybe like a Froslass-style snowman ghost, since it also looks like it's snowing in the picture. Or I could be totally off base and it's just something old that I've completely forgotten about.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's probably a coincidence.

All his names are a variation on Beet...as in the purple vegetable.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
So I was watching the Japanese trailer at x0.25 speed, looking for anything else that may have inadvertently slipped in like the squirrel or the elephant, and I paused when I got to the bookstore window because I saw this:

vGWJ86s.png

kyApRB2.png

It looks kinda like a Pidove with its wings outstretched, but the chest pattern doesn't match. Or maybe like a Froslass-style snowman ghost, since it also looks like it's snowing in the picture. Or I could be totally off base and it's just something old that I've completely forgotten about.
Good catch

Looks like a regional bird or a galar pidove

Jul 17, 2019
By the way, does anyone have their full team planned yet? Mine are

Charizard

Great Wolf Sif (Zacian. Besides Solgaleo I never nickname, but I can't resist)

Obstagoon

Drednaw

Whatever starter I choose (I'm growing impatient Gamefreak, you should've showed us the middle stages by now)

Maybe Espeon

That last slot is really down to what's left. I would use Corvinight, but if I'm using a Flying type it has to be my favorite Pokemon and regardless of whether or not Incineroar makes it, I already had my Incineroar Charizard team up in US. So far from what I saw on Serebii Espeon has my interest the most. Unless you count LGE I never really used an Eevee in the main series, and I rarely ever use Psychic types.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, does anyone have their full team planned yet? Mine are

Charizard

Great Wolf Sif (Zacian. Besides Solgaleo I never nickname, but I can't resist)

Obstagoon

Drednaw

Whatever starter I choose (I'm growing impatient Gamefreak, you should've showed us the middle stages by now)

Maybe Espeon

That last slot is really down to what's left. I would use Corvinight, but if I'm using a Flying type it has to be my favorite Pokemon and regardless of whether or not Incineroar makes it, I already had my Incineroar Charizard team up in US. So far from what I saw on Serebii Espeon has my interest the most. Unless you count LGE I never really used an Eevee in the main series, and I rarely ever use Psychic types.
No clue, I usually plan on the fly mostly and have to know basically all the pokemon.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
kyApRB2.png

I really can't tell what the fuck that thing supposed to be, but it looks like a bug to me.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

vGWJ86s.png

kyApRB2.png

It looks like a Psyduck with a long neck? It has Psyduck's shape head and Bill/beak but with a long next.

Edit: no, it looks like a Psyduck head on a ducks/bird body.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

vGWJ86s.png

kyApRB2.png

Wait, is that a Hoothoot? I hole we get a Galar form for it plus a new evolution.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
He doesn't.
You guys are missing the obvious reference here.
tenor.gif

this dude surely has something to do with Eternatus, and the leak called it 'the evil legendary' and(if you watched Devilman) I don't think his design choice was any coincidence.

Even if that's the reference, doesn't change the fact that Bede still looks like an old lady.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Hearing the techno music that screams Ichinose got me really excited. Especially the second track when Team Yell shows up.

Man, I'm so excited for Ichinose to push forward the music in Pokémon once again, along with HItomi Sato. Shota Kageyama is so damn boring, safe, and generally produces filler and I'm so glad he was held back to LGPE. Kageyama's a big reason why I wasn't initially impressed with XY since he did the heavy lifting there.

Ichinose really made some awesome techno tracks since B2W2 when he got some newer/higher quality samples.

(holy shit man)

And then there's the classic stuff.

www.youtube.com

Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal - National Park

Here's the music that plays while in the National Park. Enjoy!

Music is probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most in these games and hearing Ichinose's trademark sound has me really excited.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't want older forms of Pokemon to be rendered obsolete. They don't have to be equal. Just try to balance them in some meaningful way. It would be cool if normal Linoone got an evolution that wasn't Obstagoon but a different species.

As for Bede, when I first heard someone pronounce it as "bed," I thought about how he has a serious bedhead. Thought that was funny.

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
Regular Hoothoot has shown up in previous trailers (and so has Noctowl) so I think it's a decent bet that there won't be a Galarian Hoothoot

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Really hope the new team has an actual point to it, just from initial looks I super doubt it. Guzma in the last one had a point sorta, but skull in general didn't. Also it better not be another team that all use the same damn pokemon. If I have to fight 100 of these ass hats during the game and they are all using Ratatta and Raticate I'm gonna be pissed. There are almost 1000 pokemon, this should not be happening anymore.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
Really hope the new team has an actual point to it, just from initial looks I super doubt it. Guzma in the last one had a point sorta, but skull in general didn't. Also it better not be another team that all use the same damn pokemon. If I have to fight 100 of these ass hats during the game and they are all using Ratatta and Raticate I'm gonna be pissed. There are almost 1000 pokemon, this should not be happening anymore.

They're all going to be using Galarian Zigzagoon and Linoone.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Huh, I just kinda realized that Corvinight could actually be a Stage 2 Evolution to a Galarian Steel/Flying Murkrow thanks to the new cross gen evos.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Look at the head you'll see a black space. That's what I'm assuming is it's mouth and I can kind of make out a ducks bill from it.
Oh, I've been interpreting that as its chest. For me I see the black spot in the middle of the head as a small beak, as if we're seeing it more from below.

Like here's a poorly drawn outline of how I see it.
ODPjRIm.png
kyApRB2.png

Maybe it's just a Piplup, lol.

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I asked yesterday and didn't get any answer,but does anybody know how many Pokemon were revealed by this point in the lead up to XY and SM?
For X and Y, by August 7th we had...
  1. Chespin
  2. Fennekin
  3. Froakie
  4. Xerneas
  5. Yveltal
  6. Sylveon
  7. Mega Mewtwo Y
  8. Gogoat
  9. Fletchling
  10. Helioptile
  11. Pancham
  12. Noivern
  13. Vivillon
  14. Skrelp
  15. Clauncher
  16. Talonflame
  17. Scatterbug
  18. Spewpa
  19. Litleo
  20. Flabebe
  21. Honedge
  22. Pangoro
  23. Inkay
  24. Malamar
  25. Spritzee
  26. Swirlix
  27. Trevenant
Of course, the games came out in mid-October, so the publicity cycle's one month advanced. I left off the Coro Coro August reveals to compensate- (Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario, Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol, Mega Mawile, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Skiddo)
Not an enormous difference to the Sword/Shield pace of reveals.
  1. Grookey
  2. Scorbunny
  3. Sobble
  4. Wooloo
  5. Drednaw
  6. Corviknight
  7. Gossifleur
  8. Eldegoss
  9. Zacian
  10. Zamazenta
  11. Yamper
  12. Impidimp
  13. Alcremie
  14. Rolycoly
  15. Duraludon
  16. Gigantamax Alcremie
  17. Gigantamax Corviknight
  18. Gigantamax Drednaw
  19. Galarian Weezing
  20. Galarian Zigzagoon
  21. Galarian Linoone
  22. Obstagoon
  23. Morpeko

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
  1. Chespin
  2. Fennekin
  3. Froakie
  4. Xerneas
  5. Yveltal
  6. Sylveon
  7. Mega Mewtwo Y
  8. Gogoat
  9. Fletchling
  10. Helioptile
  11. Pancham
  12. Noivern
  13. Vivillon
  14. Skrelp
  15. Clauncher
  16. Talonflame
  17. Scatterbug
  18. Spewpa
  19. Litleo
  20. Flabebe
  21. Honedge
  22. Pangoro
  23. Inkay
  24. Malamar
  25. Spritzee
  26. Swirlix
  27. Trevenant
Of course, the games came out in mid-October, so the publicity cycle's one month advanced. I left off the Coro Coro August reveals to compensate- (Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario, Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol, Mega Mawile, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Skiddo)
  1. Grookey
  2. Scorbunny
  3. Sobble
  4. Wooloo
  5. Drednaw
  6. Corviknight
  7. Gossifleur
  8. Eldegoss
  9. Zacian
  10. Zamazenta
  11. Yamper
  12. Impidimp
  13. Alcremie
  14. Rolycoly
  15. Duraludon
  16. Gigantamax Alcremie
  18. Gigantamax Drednaw
  19. Galarian Weezing
  20. Galarian Zigzagoon
  21. Galarian Linoone
  22. Obstagoon
  23. Morpeko
And for Sun & Moon at this point (August 11th) we had

1. Rowlet
  2. Litten
  3. Popplio
  4. Solgalero
  5. Lunala
  6. Pikipek
  7. Grubbin
  8. Yungoos
  9. Tapu Koko
  10. Charjabug
  11. Vikavolt
  12. Drampa
  13. Bruxish
  14. Cutiefly
  15. Togedemaru
  16. Rockruff
  17. Komala
  18. Salandit
  19. Wimpod
  20. Bounsweet
  21. Comfey
  22. Mudsdale
  23. Bewear
  24. Mimikyu
  25. Alolan Exeggutor
  26. Alolan Sandshrew
  27. Alolan Sandslash
  28. Alolan Vulpix
  29. Alolan Ninetales
  30. Oricorio
  31. Minior
  32. Gumshoos
  33. Fomantis
  34. Lurantis
  35. Mudbray
  36. Wishiwashi
  37. Pyukumuku
  38. Morelull
  39. Alolan Raichu
  40. Alolan Marowak
  41. Alolan Meowth
  42. Stufful (CoroCoro Only - Official trailer reveal a week later)
  43. Sandygast (CoroCoro Only - Official trailer reveal a week later)
  44. Palossand (CoroCoro Only - Official trailer reveal a week later)

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Cutting off in early July is a fairer comparison imo. X/Y were revealed in January, so January-July is still the same time frame as S/M's and S/S's February-August. That would make Honedge the cut off point.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
The rumor Shofu covered is probably/definitely not real (no Bea or Allister) but that would be a pretty cool change of pace for Pokemon.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Chespin
  2. Fennekin
  3. Froakie
  4. Xerneas
  5. Yveltal
  6. Sylveon
  7. Mega Mewtwo Y
  8. Gogoat
  9. Fletchling
  10. Helioptile
  11. Pancham
  12. Noivern
  13. Vivillon
  14. Skrelp
  15. Clauncher
  16. Talonflame
  17. Scatterbug
  18. Spewpa
  19. Litleo
  20. Flabebe
  21. Honedge
  22. Pangoro
  23. Inkay
  24. Malamar
  25. Spritzee
  26. Swirlix
  27. Trevenant
  1. Grookey
  2. Scorbunny
  3. Sobble
  4. Wooloo
  5. Drednaw
  6. Corviknight
  7. Gossifleur
  8. Eldegoss
  9. Zacian
  10. Zamazenta
  11. Yamper
  12. Impidimp
  13. Alcremie
  14. Rolycoly
  15. Duraludon
  16. Gigantamax Alcremie
  18. Gigantamax Drednaw
  19. Galarian Weezing
  20. Galarian Zigzagoon
  21. Galarian Linoone
  22. Obstagoon
  23. Morpeko
Okay, that makes me feel a bit better, they are hopefully just stepping back to the XY level of revealing stuff instead of the SM style of revealing everything.