• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Is there artwork for Hoennian Obstagoon yet?
Just people doing palette swaps it looks like. Though this bancho design would be okay with me
EBX1AafUEAEiAcU.jpg

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I strongly disagree. I miss the rivals that talked shit and needs to learn the hard way. I replayed Silver recently and it was nice seeing a asshole not get it after each loss he experienced and doing his best to figure it out.
I mean cheren wasn't a jerk, but also clearly envies the main character a little bit early on and is more serious, but also your friend.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I don't dislike Klink, but it has such an awkward design in practice. Like, how does it even function when it's body is just constantly spinning gears?

It's a physical attacker, so unlike the Magnemite line it can't just float around and only shoot ranged attacks in battle, so you'd think that all it can do is ram itself into its opponent since it doesn't have appendages of any sort, which is kinda boring.

If Galar Kilink ends up being a thing, I hope they improve its evolutions considerably.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
My Bet for Galarian Forms:

Gen 1:
Meowth
Wheezing
Venonat Line
Pidgey Line
Far'fetch
Total: 8

Gen 2:
Phanphy Line
Total: 2

Gen 3:
Zigzagoon Line
Poocheyna Line
Total: 4

Gen 4:
None due to remakes

Gen 5:
Klink Klang Line
Deerling Line
Total: 5

Gen 6:
Litleo Line
Total: 2

Gen 7:
None

Total: 21

Poocheyna Line, Far'fetched, Meowth, Phanpy Line, and Venonat Line get cross en evolutions along with Obstagoon

Total: 6 cross Gen evolutions.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
If I had to make a real bet for Galarian Forms, it would be something for the Fletchling Line. Either Ice/Flying or perhaps Ground/Flying living in the deserts of the Wild Area.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Every gen I'm just gonna hope for *insert region* Primeape and Noctowl until it happens

Come on electric/fighting Prime and ice/flying snowy Noc

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I love Slowking and Politoed but it's a bit of a shame that means we'll likely never see regional forms for those 'mon. Though I'd rather Kanto variants be kept to a minimum this time 'round.

My personal wishlist:
- Marill > Azumarill. Just make Azumarill an orb, that's all I ask.
- Shellder > Cloyster. Make the former look like Slowbro Shellder and call it a freshwater variant we just never saw before or something.
- Sudowoodo but desguised as another kind of tree, seems like a no-brainer that shoulda been in Alola.
- Autumnal Leavanny, make it part ghost type.
- Samurott but on its hind legs and with a sleeker design, maybe style it after a ronin or something. Not exactly British but eh.
- Chocolate Vanilluxe, part ground, looks delicious.
- Master Ball Electrode or Amoongus evo. Would be a fun troll.
- Cofagrigus that evolves into a mummy to curse the Galarian Museum for disturbing its tomb.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I love Slowking and Politoed but it's a bit of a shame that means we'll likely never see regional forms for those 'mon. Though I'd rather Kanto variants be kept to a minimum this time 'round.

My personal wishlist:
- Marill > Azumarill. Just make Azumarill an orb, that's all I ask.
- Shellder > Cloyster. Make the former look like Slowbro Shellder and call it a freshwater variant we just never saw before or something.
- Sudowoodo but desguised as another kind of tree, seems like a no-brainer that shoulda been in Alola.
- Autumnal Leavanny, make it part ghost type.
- Samurott but on its hind legs and with a sleeker design, maybe style it after a ronin or something. Not exactly British but eh.
- Chocolate Vanilluxe, part ground, looks delicious.
- Master Ball Electrode or Amoongus evo. Would be a fun troll.
- Cofagrigus that evolves into a mummy to curse the Galarian Museum for disturbing its tomb.

I must commend that there are some extremely good ideas on this list. Bravo.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Ya know who would benefit a lot from getting an Galar Form..Tauros based on the Highland Cattle...maybe that's just me

23375391.jpg

Maybe, make it Ground/Fire or Pure Ground

Jan 4, 2018
I've always wondered why Electabuzz wasn't an Electric/Fighting type. Would like to see him get a regional that gives him secondary Fighting.

Also, give me a Fire/Grass type Wicker Man pokemon.

And a moose-like Galar form Stantler.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there will be a tie-in event with Pokémon Go where some of the Galarian forms assuming there won't be any past Gen 5 will spawn in PoGo as well.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
translations of the text from the japanese trailer. yall wanted an asshole, looks like yall got an asshole

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the only thing i want is NO MORE single stage pokemon and give every single stage pokemon an evolution while you're at it.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
the only thing i want is NO MORE single stage pokemon and give every single stage pokemon an evolution while you're at it.
That would actively ruin some Pokémon to me. Not everything needs an evolution, and it's really boring when they just look like filler. Single stage Pokémon can be really cool

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That would actively ruin some Pokémon to me. Not everything needs an evolution, and it's really boring when they just look like filler. Single stage Pokémon can be really cool
i mean there are some gimmick pokemon i would be fine with if they remain single stage but in a playthrough i never ever touch single stage pokemon.

wooloo will become an absolute unit.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean cheren wasn't a jerk, but also clearly envies the main character a little bit early on and is more serious, but also your friend.

I haven't played gen 5 yet. Gen 5 was towards to end of my hiatus I took from Pokémon games. I know those were great games but I know very little of them so I can't give a accurate opinion for characters from those games.

Didn't Silver also shove you when he is planning to steal a starter when you talk to him?

Yeah, if you try to speak with him while he's scoping out Elm's place he will shove you away and tell you to get lost. At that point he's someone who has breaking and entering on his mind along with burglary so shoving away some noob kid wouldn't be anything for him.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
So Marnie and the swole grass gym guy are the Ash companions for sure right?

I think we'll definitely see Marnie, but I don't see her becoming his companion full time, especially since Team Yell will probably be confronting Ash throughout the series.

Depending of which direction the anime takes, I think for a change, they could give him a male coprotagonist with Hop, unless they're completely removing the game's roles of the Gym Leaders to make them Ash's companions like they did in SM.

The female trainer has the most potential to develop a character with all the freedom, and I wish they did it like they did with May, Dawn and Serena, but I see it very unlikely, because at least design wise looks kinda blunt for the anime.

Btw, can't believe SM series is coming to an end without a returning cameo of the most beloved female character of the fanbase... Iris lol

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Pokemon not being transferrable was mainly restricted to Pokemon that had regional variants.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll definitely see Marnie, but I don't see her becoming his companion full time, especially since Team Yell will probably be confronting Ash throughout the series.

Depending of which direction the anime takes, I think for a change, they could give him a male coprotagonist with Hop, unless they're completely removing the game's roles of the Gym Leaders to make them Ash's companions like they did in SM.

The female trainer has the most potential to develop a character with all the freedom, and I wish they did it like they did with May, Dawn and Serena, but I see it very unlikely, because at least design wise looks kinda blunt for the anime.

Btw, can't believe SM series is coming to an end without a returning cameo of the most beloved female character of the fanbase... Iris lol
Even SM kept the island trials. Removing the gym leaders here literally defeats the point of Sword and Shield. And with Hop being Leon's brother, he has to be a major rival to Ash as well.