• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people, myself included, hate this theory because it's totally illogical. The idea that Eviolite is some sacred cow that must be worked around and respected for the sake of consistency is ridiculous. Claims that Game Freak makes these decisions for the sake of consistency seems easily disproven by all the times Game Freak has made major mechanical changes that created an inconsistent Pokémon experience - including adjustments to how some Pokémon evolve, such as Feebas and Umbreon/Espeon.
Game Freak didn't outright replace Feebas's evolution method - a Feebas with maximum beauty transferred/traded to a game without contests will still evolve after leveling up. The Prism Scale exists in addition to the old evolution method, so there's no continuity error.

(Never mind that changes to typing and type effectiveness are much bigger incongruities than freaking Eviolite could ever be.)

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
No Bugs or Ghosts yet either.

Bug is my favourite type and nothing new for them so far. Maybe Ledbya line can get the Zigzagoon treatment with forms and a third evolution I can wish
The Ledyba line is the one that needs it the most. It doesn't help that they seem to put that terrible line in every region to keep reminding everyone how bad it is

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
There has to be something new on the Ghost type considering there's a Ghost Gym Leader. And the Fairy Forest may have something new for the Bug type.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Today I'm learning that one of my like top 3 favorite pokemon Kadabra is based on an illusionist who's been suing them for 20 years.

If TPC wants to wipe the slate clean and give Abra a Baphomet-inspired regional Galarian line I'll have no complaints.
Problem is that regional forms don't change name, and Kadabra's Japanese name is a direct reference to its inspiration, Uri Geller, who as you say is... rather litigious.

Iirc they don't even print new Kadabra cards in the TGC, Abra just has some way to evolve straight to Alakazam.

Can't see them touching that particular family.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
My predictions regarding Galar Forms based on speculation by the Image Leaks.

Gen 1:

Galaran Weezing: Poison/Fairy
Galaran Ponyta: Fire/Fairy
Galaran Farfetch'd: Flying/Fighting (Gets an Evoultion)
Galaran Rapidash: Fire/Fairy (Based on the Scotland's main animal symbol - the Unicorn)
Galaran Venonaut/Venomoth: Bug/Fairy (Based on Mothra)

Gen 2:
Galaran Spinarak: Ghost/Big
Galaran Aridos: Ghost/Bug (Based on Halloween Bugs)
Galaran Snubull: Fairy/Steel (Based on Winston Churchill and WW1/2 Soliders)
Galaran Granbull: Fairy/Steel
Galaran Crobat: Grass/Flying (Fruit Bat Variation of Crobat)

Gen 3:
Galaran Zigzagoone: Normal/Dark
Galaran Linoone: Normal/Dark

Gen 4: (leaning towards no Gen 4 forms because of potential Sinnoh Remakes)
??

Gen 5:
Galaran Kilink: Dark/Steel(Based on Steampunk Gears - used by Team Yell who are considered Punks)
Galaran Klang: Dark/Steel
Galaran Kilinklang: Dark/Steel

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy idea for Galarian forms

Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligator (Water/Fighting)
Chikorita/Bayleaf/Meganium (Grass/Dark)
Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion (Fire/Psychic)

Player picks one after second gym

Cofagrigus (Ghost/Psychic)
Mantine (Water/Steel)

I like the idea but cannot agree with the second typings you have chosen.

Feraligatr should have been Water/Dark in gen 2 and if it ever got a different form it should be Water/Dark.

Meganium was correct at being pure Grass Type in gen 2 but should've been retyped at gen 6 launch to Grass/Fairy and that should be the new form typing.

Typlosion should've been Fire/Ground at the launch of gen 2 and not pure Fire and if he got another form I hope it gets to be Fire/Ground.

Cofagrigus should always have been Ghost/Dark considering what it is and what's inside of it. For a long time I always thought it was Ghost/Dark just by looking at it.

Mantine makes sense as Water/Psychic. No real reason.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Problem is that regional forms don't change name, and Kadabra's Japanese name is a direct reference to its inspiration, Uri Geller, who as you say is... rather litigious.

Iirc they don't even print new Kadabra cards in the TGC, Abra just has some way to evolve straight to Alakazam.

Can't see them touching that particular family.

Maybe evolve into a different line entirely?

Like Abra -> Hadabra -> Hocuspocus

Swap out the spoons for something else magician-inspired (cards, maybe?) and play with the design in other ways.

I just really wanna roleplay Devil Summoner in a Pokemon game, honestly.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
My predictions regarding Galar Forms based on speculation by the Image Leaks.

Gen 1:

Galaran Weezing: Poison/Fairy
Galaran Ponyta: Fire/Fairy
Galaran Farfetch'd: Flying/Fighting (Gets an Evoultion)
Galaran Rapidash: Fire/Fairy (Based on the Scotland's main animal symbol - the Unicorn)
Galaran Venonaut/Venomoth: Bug/Fairy (Based on Mothra)

Gen 2:
Galaran Spinarak: Ghost/Big
Galaran Aridos: Ghost/Bug (Based on Halloween Bugs)
Galaran Snubull: Fairy/Steel (Based on Winston Churchill and WW1/2 Soliders)
Galaran Granbull: Fairy/Steel
Galaran Crobat: Grass/Flying (Fruit Bat Variation of Crobat)

Gen 3:
Galaran Zigzagoone: Normal/Dark
Galaran Linoone: Normal/Dark

Gen 4: (leaning towards no Gen 4 forms because of potential Sinnoh Remakes)
??

Gen 5:
Galaran Kilink: Dark/Steel(Based on Steampunk Gears - used by Team Yell who are considered Punks)
Galaran Klang: Dark/Steel
Galaran Kilinklang: Dark/Steel

I think that bat is more reminiscent of Noibat than any other Pokemon, and even though we are not really that far removed from Gen 6, it would make sense for some Kalos Pokemon to appear in Galar and adapt to its environment due to the closeness of the two regions realworld inspiration

So i could see them taking one or two Kalos Pokémon and giving them Galar forms

Noibat, based on that image. I could see Aegislash and Pyroar as well.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Alolan forms had a couple that ditched the original typing all together (Vulpix, Marowak, Sandshrew), so there will probably be a couple Galar forms that do the same.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I think that bat is more reminiscent of Noibat than any other Pokemon, and even though we are not really that far removed from Gen 6, it would make sense for some Kalos Pokemon to appear in Galar and adapt to its environment due to the closeness of the two regions realworld inspiration

So i could see them taking one or two Kalos Pokémon and giving them Galar forms

Noibat, based on that image. I could see Aegislash and Pyroar as well.
The issue i have is like with Hoothoot, we have already seen Noibat,Noivern in the trailers with no Galaran Form. Mind you i could be wrong on this but i have my doubts we will see Galar Forms for Noibat or Noivern.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
The issue i have is like with Hoothoot, we have already seen Noibat,Noivern in the trailers with no Galaran Form. Mind you i could be wrong on this but i have my doubts we will see Galar Forms for Noibat or Noivern.
Ah that's right. I keep forgetting what Pokemon we've seen already seen lol.

Zubat line would make sense then. I guess it could be Woobat...but I doubt they'd use him. They gave Zigzagoon a new form though so who knows.

Could also just be a new bat Pokémon.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Ah that's right. I keep forgetting what Pokemon we've seen already seen lol.

Zubat line would make sense then. I guess it could be Woobat...but I doubt they'd use him. They gave Zigzagoon a new form though so who knows.

Could also just be a new bat Pokémon.
That's very true, though it's kinda werid - Fruit Bat aren't in the UK (we do have bats - just not Fruit bats) which kinda makes more sense for it to be a new Pokemon rather then a Galaran Form.

aLoneWalker

Attempted to create multiple alt accounts
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
4th gen's triangle was "Empoleon doesn't resist anything from the other two starters"
Empoleon learns icebeam, 4x to Torterra, it's bulkier than Infernape so it can Water Move kill him or Water Move + Aqua Jet (if Focus Sash), Torterra could kill both with ground moves and Infernape can kill Torterra with fire moves and Empoleon with fighting moves, they are ALL well done starters.

(And Water/Steel is an amazing typing)

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am starting to lean towards that Klang being an Galaran Form considering it's alternate design

1565233159091.jpg

1200px-599Klink.png

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I am definetly leaning towards 10-15 Galaran Forms.
I think there were around 15 - 20 Alolan forms? That's a reasonable guess for sure.
That's very true, though it's kinda werid - Fruit Bat aren't in the UK (we do have bats - just not Fruit bats) which kinda makes more sense for it to be a new Pokemon rather then a Galaran Form.
I think it would take a lot of work to redesign Zubat or Woobat lines into a Fruit Bat looking Pokémon, so I am leaning towards a new POkemon as well
I am starting to lean towards that Klang being an Galaran Form considering it's alternate design

1565233159091.jpg

1200px-599Klink.png
Oh good catch, definitely looks like it

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The fact it is also on Team Logo's outfits makes me think it's going to be one of their signature Pokemon and be Steel/Dark

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they crank up the marketing machine now. I want to reach that point where we don't go a single week without a new Pokémon reveal.
Come on, Game Freak.

Jul 17, 2019
Oh boy, Bede's not giving me good 1st impressions. Hopefully it won't stay that way. I want to have fun, not have my Charizard use Flamethrower on someone. And assholes like Silver are complete killjoys.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't dislike regional variants or anything but giving them branch evolutions makes them MUCH more exciting to me

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, Bede's not giving me good 1st impressions. Hopefully it won't stay that way. I want to have fun, not have my Charizard use Flamethrower on someone. And assholes like Silver are complete killjoys.

I strongly disagree. I miss the rivals that talked shit and needs to learn the hard way. I replayed Silver recently and it was nice seeing a asshole not get it after each loss he experienced and doing his best to figure it out.