• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
What did I say about cross gen evolutions being in this game, now I'm excited to see the rest of them. :) epic!

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
because it's fun to put an asshole in their place lol

Yea, I know why that's why people would rather have a one note asshole over a super happy character, but ideally I rather just have a rival that's more fleshed out in general. Not to say you can't have both, but I know many that would be perfectly fine with another Gary or Silver

Last edited:

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
He seemed more of antisocial quiet emo person

Hopefully this rival is more like first and second gen rival than gladion
Did you? He didn't come off as an asshole, he was just moody, especially given his situation.
Being stressed out that your dad is dead and your mom went crazy from grief and started trying to recreate Pokemon God doesn't make you an asshole.

Gladion-GIF-Pokemon-riku114-41264986-352-240.gif

Lol get real he worked for team Skull and was a LITERAL poser

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I'm leaning this way a bit too, like I like the new weezing to an extent but then I think the top hat tower being that long is just over the top for the sake of it.

Yeah, it is also the gas beard. I mean that Alolan Geodude line was ruined by the ridiculous facial hair/mustache/eye brow designs just for the sake of making them silly. Comical aspects don't make for interesting designs, it is just done for the sake of hoping people go "LOLZ LET ME SHARE THIS THEY LOOK SO FUNNY" and market the game with it.

And it makes some of these regional forms look like the derpy cousin rather than serious new additions to the game.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Will anyone ever take the smugness crown from Gary?

Guy says "smell ya later" and has more Kanto badges than actually exist in the Kanto region

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I know why that's why people would rather have a one note asshole over a super happy character, but ideally I rather just have a rival that's more fleshed out in general. Not to say you can't have both, but I know many that would be perfectly with another Gary or Silver
nah in general i agree with you, a more fleshed out character would be great.

id prefer them to be dickish though because i have a soft spot for the good guy asshole type lol

Deleted member 41713

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Bede looks cool (hope he's indeed an asshole rival). Everything else shown is underwhelming.

Also is that original leak even more accurate now?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I know why that's why people would rather have a one note asshole over a super happy character, but ideally I rather just have a rival that's more fleshed out in general. Not to say you can't have both, but I know many that would be perfectly fine with another Gary or Silver
Silver was fleshed out though. Blue was the was only one to just be a straight jerk throughout. Silver slowly trusts you and eventually becomes your friend.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Bede looks cool (hope he's indeed an asshole rival). Everything else shown is underwhelming.

Also is that original leak even more accurate now?

the original leak called Marnie and Bede along with finally confirming the "Team" of this gen Team Yell.

That leak is hitting on everything for the most part.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think the leak meant scorbunny is pure fire, with fighting moves, but it won't evolve into pure fire.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Marine better be one of Ash's companion's next season she's looks so cool.

Is Bede old or young and male or female lol I can't tell

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Yeah, it is also the gas beard. I mean that Alolan Geodude line was ruined by the ridiculous facial hair/mustache/eye brow designs just for the sake of making them silly. Comical aspects don't make for interesting designs, it is just done for the sake of hoping people go "LOLZ LET ME SHARE THIS THEY LOOK SO FUNNY" and market the game with it.

And it makes some of these regional forms look like the derpy cousin rather than serious new additions to the game.

I think in Weezing's case it works better than Golem, but that's just personal opinion.

Also I think in Weezing the stuff around its mouths look more like foam than gas, but I haven't read the website's description.

I wonder if the shiny form will be something like white, like a white suit, or purple to resemble the original form.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I think in Weezing's case it works better than Golem, but that's just personal opinion.

Also I think in Weezing the stuff around its mouths look more like foam than gas, but I haven't read the website's description.

I wonder if the shiny form will be something like white, like a white suit, or purple to resemble the original form.
If it's anything like Alolan Muk (which the coloring is mostly the same), the shiny will have regular Weezing's colors.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Really liked it.

It looks like we might escaped the "friendly rival" problem as well. At least based on their designs.

Also badger form is awesome.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Hoennian is such a hard word to say, I wonder if that'll end up being what old Zigzagoon will become, like how fans refer to old Kanto Pokemon as "Kantonian" forms.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I actually like Alolan Golem.

The weird thing is though the show shows it can take off the facial hair...and it looks exactly like Golem.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Poison / Fairy with Levitate is baller for Galarian Weezing, ESPECIALLY if A: Garchomp is in the galar dex, and B: if there's a massive culling of Fairy-types (the Tapus are likely gone at least). 4x fighting resist, dragon immunity, AND an Earthquake immunity like Togekiss, but no Stealth Rock weakness sounds quite nice, granted, at the cost of reliable recovery.

Obstagoon interests me too. While I don't usually like Normal / Dark as a typing, I think Obstagoon has serious potential to use it if it still retains Extreme Speed (which, as of Ultra Sun and Moon, is an egg move for Zigzagoon). Even if it pulls the Alola thing of "haha its slower than its prevo", a bulky Guts Pokemon with STAB Extreme Speed is no joke, especially if it gets a healthy attack boost over Linoone! This way, it'd certainly be able to take advantage of its Dark-type moves so Ghost-types like Mimikyu won't wall it.

Oct 27, 2017

I've said it in a few of the threads, but this is the first gen where the trainers (both their designs and models) seem better than the Pokemon themselves

But you're posing a fleshed out happy rival against a one note asshole, as if an asshole rival can't be fleshed out as well...Being an asshole and having some depth aren't mutually exclusive. For instance if Silver was written in the modern day, and the HGSS stuff was actually in the original titles explaining his behavior, that'd be ideally what people are looking for

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They've been adding less and less new Pokémon with each gen so it's not wrong to assume the same for this one. Especially when most of the gym leaders and trainers are using old Pokemon even the champion has a charizard.
That's literally not true- Sun and Moon have more new Pokémon than X and Y did, even without counting regional forms or Pokémon added later in the generation.
I guess I don't get why the Wheezing is part Fairy?
It eats the toxins and purifies them.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts.

I'm really happy regional forms are back, though I worry regional forms won't see much play outside of their generations. I know people were pointing to Alolan forms in Let's Go, but those games were still the same gen as Sun and Moon. Hopefully very few of the Galarian forms are Gen 1 and we get a nice mix of Gens 2-7. Regional Evolutions are a cool idea and I hope for some really cool ones.

Bede and Marine look cool, neat to see what seems to be a dick rival to contrast with our friendly rival.
Team Yell seems too similar to Skull to me, and it's even more obvious that they aren't the villains than it was with Skull.

Disappointed that they didn't show more new Pokemon, just one totally new one and a Regional evolution, getting kinda worried that the number of new Pokemon will be less than XY. How many Pokemon were revealed at this point for XY and SM?

Still no killer new feature that makes me okay with cutting Pokemon.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
It's not just a long top hat, though, it's supposed to look like a factory chimney, which are long.

I understand that, but not everything in a design has to get that close to being literal and could be subtle references, the way the tops of the formation look with the smoke coming out would have been enough for me to understand that its a slight mix of both a top hat and factory chimney.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Mario Party is unplayable on the Switch Lite. Nintendo has officially release a statement on how to tell whether a title can be fully enjoyed on Switch Lite.

There's also a Moon I'm thinking of in Mario Odyssey that's impossible to get on Switch Lite unless you have a extra pair of Joy Cons.

No one here works for Nintendo that I know of. I'm personally am not ruling out a evolution based on whether the Switch is docked or not until it's confirmed either way officially.

That's a total non sequitur - a game not being playable on a new model isn't the same as not being allowed to use docking the system or detaching/attaching the Joy-Con as a game mechanic.

If this was a thing developers were allowed to do, I'm sure we'd have seen it by now from someone. But again, I am only going by what I was told and that is that Nintendo doesn't allow it.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Hm, likelihood of there being a trainer with a full Wind in the Willows team of Ratatta, Drilbur, Galar Linoone and Politoed?

Granted some of those might be left out.