• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Also I completely approve of introducing another joke team like Skull with Yell.

The evil teams in Pokemon are always pretty dumb (although I do like Plasma) but there was something really special about Team Skull going all in on being stupid as hell. They were extremely charming because of it.

Repeating the same "joke" two gens in a row is pretty lame. They literally have the same motif, just a bunch of goofy punks. It's already boring.

The new team should have been based on the knights of the round.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Which would be bizarre, considering that Weavile was introduced in the same games as them, so you'd think that it would be withheld until the DP remakes as well. Assuming the leak is true, none of this makes any damn sense.

That was my first thought as well. Regional forms and evolutions are neat, but now it just seems like they're using lore as a stupid excuse to justify cutting Pokemon.

The lore isn't even correct either because none of the DP forms had regional pre-evos.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
EBX4SPHVAAAc6hU

Looks like a juice/beer taps on the left

7homepageheroquiet.jpg

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That new Wheezing is perfect. I really like the British inspired Pokemon we've been getting. I didn't feel like they went far enough with Hawaii as an inspiration last time.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Something I noticed in the trailer. Bede was looking at their watch, which is exactly the same as the one Chairman Rose has. I wonder what time has to do with the plot.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I wish I could be surprised that people are taking as gospel a rumour that is literally only noteworthy because it gets an aspect of this reveal wrong, and are also getting angry as a result.

Must be nice, being surprised.

I also can't help but laugh over people's interest in that post. Obviously I don't know if it's true or not but it literally didn't get anything right. It got one thing half right. Everything else is copied from the Affleck Leak. People shouldn't be wasting their time.

I'm all for leak hunting and rumor chewing but there's nothing meaningful in that post that warrants any special attention or consideration. People are welcome to throw eggs at me if it turns out to be accurate but for now I see a huge post with 50% information copied from a real leak and 50% completely undemonstrated claims.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Real talk: I like that Gamefreak has toned down the obligatory evil teams' goals and given them more personality. Team Skull were incredibly funny and well-written. I hope Team Yell are just as good.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Don't look at what is believable in that post, look at what is never happening

They aren't going to make a Pokemon that requires the console to be docked to evolve. Further, they didn't even get Galarian Weezing correct, the post said it was a new evolution.

There's literally no reason to believe this post
Good catch, that's fair.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
God the Galar forms look awful compared to Alolan ones, recoloured Zigzagoon and a greyscale Weezing with added top hats and "poison gas" (more like green whipped cream) beards to aim for the low hanging fruit that is a shitty British stereotype of a toff. Really not appreciated considering the current state of our government.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
My six year old is the sweetest and polite littlest thing ever... When she gets hungry she goes full Hulk mode as if Hulk witness someone hurt Betty.

She gets Hangry.... I find the term endearing and funny.

When I first saw the Pokémon (forgot how to spell it's name) with its Hangry ability I immediately thought of my daughter. I'm going to show her it later.

I hope it evolves (doubtful) and keeps that ability.

Thats literally the definition of subjective

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Something I noticed in the trailer. Bede was looking at their watch, which is exactly the same as the one Chairman Rose has. I wonder what time has to do with the plot.
well someone said that Bede reminded them of Doctor Who

so maybe he's a time traveler from the future trying to stop Rose from reawakening Eternatus lol

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I don't know how after ten seconds of video you already know that Team Yell has less depth and they are worse than Team Skull.

I think it's simply that Team Skull was something we'd never seen before whereas Team Yell simply reminds people of Team Skull. I know that's it for me. Team Skull was super popular and beloved so this feels like a similar concept implemented similarly.

That doesn't mean they'll be bad or anything but we'd never seen a group of misunderstood delinquents before Team Skull. So having a new team of seemingly misunderstood delinquents (going off the information supplied in the Affleck Leak) is enough to feel like we've seen it before.

Maybe it's not fair to pass judgment. Like you say, we've seen ten seconds of footage. They could be completely different.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Repeating the same "joke" two gens in a row is pretty lame. They literally have the same motif, just a bunch of goofy punks. It's already boring.

The new team should have been based on the knights of the round.
Their ambition is completely different thought. Skull grunts were just salty they sucked ass at pokemon. These guys are fanatics. And we saw about 30 seconds of them so hard to say too much this early.

That being said, I'm mad you mentioned Knights of the Round. That would have been way cooler.
This made me laugh uncontrollably loud.

Ironically Team Yell seem like yes-men who would defend and shill Marnie no matter what. Which would imply yeah they're toxic, but probably the opposite of what Serebii is implying.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
The leak from July is fake. It's jumping on the back of the real leak from pre-E3 and trying to get really technical with details. Not even the details are completely accurate (Weezing evo vs a regional form)

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
God the Galar forms look awful compared to Alolan ones, recoloured Zigzagoon and a greyscale Weezing with added top hats and "poison gas" (more like green whipped cream) beards to aim for the low hanging fruit that is a shitty British stereotype of a toff. Really not appreciated considering the current state of the country.
Someone else pointed this out to me, but Weezing is based on a nuclear power plant. It consumes poisonous material and pumps out clean air (nuclear energy produces clean emissions) and the towers on its head resemble those of a nuclear power plant.

I think the gas around Weezing's mouths is supposed to be like a milk mustache of sorts, since it's a lime green color unlike the clean air the Pokémon produces. Radioactive material is often portrayed in that shade of green.

Weezing being a nuclear power plant also is a nice transition from Weezing being a bomb (specifically a naval mine), considering nuclear fission was first used for bombs and only later for power plants.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Every trailer just makes me more hyped about PK. I know I'll miss a few Pokemons, but since Tyranitar is in, I am in.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't look at what is believable in that post, look at what is never happening

They aren't going to make a Pokemon that requires the console to be docked to evolve. Further, they didn't even get Galarian Weezing correct, the post said it was a new evolution.

There's literally no reason to believe this post

I disagree.

First I want to say that I hope the rumor in question is fake just because I read the story elements of it and while I enjoys Pokémon spoilers I don't like story spoiler if that makes sense.

As for what I disagree with, Game Freak always looks for unique and new ways to evolve Pokémon. Look at Pokémon Aimee and holding the 3DS upside down. Having a Pokémon evolve base on of the Switch is docked or not makes way more sense then Dexit which we never saw coming and it'll promote trading which is a core aspect of Pokémon for those that don't have a dock,

Thats literally the definition of subjective

I wasn't trying to argue or debate. I just needed a reason to talk about my daughter and how that ability relates to her. I piggy backed off of the conversation.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i guess the final nail is in the coffin for Scorbunny being pure fire type

RIP

Sobble it is then

Last edited:

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes! Non Kanto regional variants! Zigzagoon line looks fantastic! And cross gen evolutions!!!!! Wheezing also looks great! He's smoke stacks in a shape of top hats holy shit!

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I disagree.

First I want to say that I hope the rumor in question is fake just because I read the story elements of it and while I enjoys Pokémon spoilers I don't like story spoiler if that makes sense.

As for what I disagree with, Game Freak always looks for unique and new ways to evolve Pokémon. Look at Pokémon Aimee and holding the 3DS upside down. Having a Pokémon evolve base on of the Switch is docked or not makes way more sense then Dexit which we never saw coming and it'll promote trading which is a core aspect of Pokémon for those that don't have a dock,

There's a reason that no game on the Switch uses attaching/detaching Joy-Cons or docking/undocking the Switch as a game mechanic.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hm. The rivals look fine. Team Yell looks whatever.
I guess I'm one of the few people who wasn't really into regional forms in S/M. I'm not really interested in "x with new hat". Giving cross gen evolutions (a thing I very much love) only to the regional forms kinda defeats the point of cross gen evolutions in my eyes. I want the originals to evolve, not some off-brand version.
This trailer was a swing and a miss for me.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason that no game on the Switch uses attaching/detaching Joy-Cons or docking/undocking the Switch as a game mechanic.

Game Freak has stated that they are not controlled by Nintendo.

Trading has been a thing since gen one.

Any of the games you're thinking of sells two versions of almost the same exact game?

Having a Pokémon that evolves whether the system is docked or not will promote one of the core values of Pokémon which is trading.

Game Freak has a history of finding new ways of evolving atleast one new Pokémon per generation. I'm not saying that this would be it (docked/not docked) I'm saying it would make perfect sense if they made docked/not docked a new evolution method for atleast one new Pokémon.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
It is nice to see new regional versions of pokemon that isn't gen 1. Hope to see more. :) Kind of eh at Team Yell, even if them being a toxic fanbase is a bit amusing, but shall see how turn out. I like Bede's design and guess he will cover the asshole rival territory!

Dec 31, 2018

Any of the games you're thinking of sells two versions of almost the same exact game?

Having a Pokémon that evolves whether the system is docked or not will promote one of the core values of Pokémon which is trading.

Game Freak has a history of finding new ways of evolving atleast one new Pokémon per generation. I'm not saying that this would be it (docked/not docked) I'm saying it would make perfect sense if they made docked/not docked a new evolution method for atleast one new Pokémon.
It'd be cool if it evolved into one thing docked or another thing undocked. Unless that is exactly what you're saying in which case I agree.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I am so glad I pre-ordered this game months ago before my GCU expired. As a more casual Pokemon fan I am liking all the new tidbits they are releasing.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I love the designs of Team Yell — the color scheme and punk touches like mohawks, tattoos and spiky collars. The heavy dudes are a neat change of pace — past rival teams had pretty much the same silhouettes but with different costumes. The whole concept of them being overzealous sport fans is interesting. I also love the designs of Galarian Weezing and the Galarian Zigzagoon line, especially the new evolution Obstagoon. I imagine Team Yell will have these Pokemon.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be cool if it evolved into one thing docked or another thing undocked. Unless that is exactly what you're saying in which case I agree.

Yes that what's I'm saying but also consider that Game Freak May Go a route where a Pokémon may or may not evolve at all depending whether it's docked or not.

I am not saying that's what I want or think will happen. I'm saying we can't rule out that possibility until we know for sure.

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018

It hasn't got anything to do with being controlled by Nintendo. I was told on this forum there's guidelines for every developer on the Switch about not using docking/detaching as a game mechanic in any game because it'd potentially cause unnecessary wear and tear on mechanical parts.

Dec 31, 2018
I love the designs of Team Yell — the color scheme and punk touches like mohawks, tattoos and spiky collars. The heavy dudes are a neat change of pace — past rival teams had pretty much the same silhouettes but with different costumes. The whole concept of them being overzealous sport fans is interesting. I also love the designs of Galarian Weezing and the Galarian Zigzagoon line, especially the new evolution Obstagoon. I imagine Team Yell will have these Pokemon.
Yeah, the official site says that the Zigzagoon line is popular with disenchanted youth so I think they'd fit right in. I'm just crossing my fingers that these dark type pokemon are evidence for a dark type Gym Master.