• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The regional forms are hilarious, between the foppish Weezing expelling smoke like a Victorian smokestack straight out of a Dickens novel, and the Linoone evolution looking like a long-lost member of KISS. Marnie also looks like the most interesting rival in years. I also like the visual coherence between Team Yell and the new Zigzagoon line. Those two groups were made for each other, lol.

These games may not have the immaculate visual detail of, say, Nathan Drake's beach house from the end of Uncharted 4 (lol), and it may be sad to see certain Pokemon missing in action... but they're really knocking it out of the park with the world-building of Galar, infusing it with its own atmosphere.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Okay, figuring out what needs to be added to the chart, we have Croagunk Family, Solosis Family, Purrloin Family, and then figuring out how to showcase the Zigzagoon and Weezing Families with their Galarian Variants.

Anything else from the website?

I already updated the base image before leaving home, I had to put the Galarian forms at the end (won't re-arrange until the entire list is revealed)

d9szka0-ca5b3308-eeef-4465-842b-a757994e4144.png

But I don't have like the version with the crosses and so on

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...is that a new rotom form in the japanese trailer?

Probably not one thats actually available to use anyway. Come on...give it atleast one new form thats actually usable in combat.

Frickin love Rotom. :(

8_7_jobs_5.jpg

It's just a Rotom on the PC that allows you to access your boxes, send your Pokémon to jobs and check the Lotto-ID.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Wild theory, Bede was shown using Duosion instead of it's final form, Reuniclus in battle. What if Duosion got a an Galarian Reuniclus evolution in this game?

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Obstagoon looks like a KH heartless

Bede looks like he's going to be an antagonistic rival.

I love this game already

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If that leak is true, then the likes of Magnezone and Rhyperior getting cut is complete bullshit. Why does Weavile get to come back but not them?

The worst part is that it sounds completely believable because it would be far from the first bafflingly stupid decision that went into this game.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If that leak is true, then the likes of Magnezone and Rhyperior getting cut is complete bullshit. Why does Weavile get to come back but not them?

The worst part is that it sounds completely believable because it would be far from the first bafflingly stupid decision that went into this game.

Probably so they can appear as new in the eventual D/P remakes.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

It sounds like literally an excuse to cut more Pokémon to me

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Don't look at what is believable in that post, look at what is never happening

They aren't going to make a Pokemon that requires the console to be docked to evolve. Further, they didn't even get Galarian Weezing correct, the post said it was a new evolution.

There's literally no reason to believe this post

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could be surprised that people are taking as gospel a rumour that is literally only noteworthy because it gets an aspect of this reveal wrong, and are also getting angry as a result.

Must be nice, being surprised.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
No need to attack my views with harmfully condescending love (I mean wow), you can simply disagree. I can just see why these regional forms are in the games now and they are tired with how you expect them to goofy-up some of the Pokemon.

And I'm no psychiatrist, but it is probably just a sign that I'm too old for Pokemon....

I'm leaning this way a bit too, like I like the new weezing to an extent but then I think the top hat tower being that long is just over the top for the sake of it.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
That leak...Jesus Christ

Even MORE Gen 1 wanking, only 20 Gigantimax and most of them going to Gen 1 Pokémon

Cross-Gen Evolutions also focusing on Gen 1 Pokémon

PreviousPokémon lose their evolutions for being "Regional" despite being featured in all the other games.

....I thought that Evolutions were safe, but now we get Games were one Pokemon can evolve further and games were they get stuck with their middle form.

At the very least, a second wild Area sounds like decent post game, provided there's stuff to do

greenwell

Jan 12, 2018
I don't think we're getting a lot of new Pokemon which makes the dex cut even more ridiculous. They've only shown like, what, 20 new ones? Even less if you exclude the regional variants. Watch the game less than 40 brand new ones.
Also Galarian Weezing being Poison/Fairy is disappointing. There's nothing "fairy" about it.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The one thing that bothers me is a lot of the male characters, even NPCs have crazy and unique faces. Yet the females just look like lifeless anime dolls.

God forbid one has a slightly defined nose or bigger chin.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's subjective so chill

My six year old is the sweetest and polite littlest thing ever... When she gets hungry she goes full Hulk mode as if Hulk witness someone hurt Betty.

She gets Hangry.... I find the term endearing and funny.

When I first saw the Pokémon (forgot how to spell it's name) with its Hangry ability I immediately thought of my daughter. I'm going to show her it later.

I hope it evolves (doubtful) and keeps that ability.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
That leak is fake, guys. There's no way they'd make a Pokémon that only evolves when the Switch is docked. Lots of people never use the dock and people who play on the Switch Lite would be unable to get that Pokémon. It's fake.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Probably so they can appear as new in the eventual D/P remakes.
Which would be bizarre, considering that Weavile was introduced in the same games as them, so you'd think that it would be withheld until the DP remakes as well. Assuming the leak is true, none of this makes any damn sense.
It sounds like literally an excuse to cut more Pokémon to me
That was my first thought as well. Regional forms and evolutions are neat, but now it just seems like they're using lore as a stupid excuse to justify cutting Pokemon.

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we're getting a lot of new Pokemon which makes the dex cut even more ridiculous. They've only shown like, what, 20 new ones? Even less if you exclude the regional variants. Watch the game less than 40 brand new ones.
...There's more than three months until launch. Calm down.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I wanna preface this by saying I'm not saying Sword and Shield is shit because of this, not at all, it's a joke.

It's kind of funny how the same game franchise that had Black and White, a game that basically said Pokemon and humans were equal, now has Pokemon doing literal jobs with the only pay being "experience." Lmao

The Maverick

Oct 27, 2017
I feel completely comfortable in my decision to skip this, that trailer had zero inspiring elements whatsoever. New team looks very shallow, regional pokemon look lame, designs are lackluster. From FE to Odyssey to BotW, every staple franchise is reaching new heights--yet this is the next gen Pokemon we get?

What was in that trailer that warranted cutting pokemon?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Now that the leak has been proven correct, now we just wait for Farfetch'd evo's glorious reveal.

He's been waiting over a decade for this moment.

Your time is now, lil guy!

TjtSner.gif

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All that leak got right that didn't piggyback on the other one was Regional Wheezing.

Not sure why we're listening to it.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Actually that leak says Wheezing is going to get a Galarian Evolution not a Galarian Forme so even that isn't confirmed.