• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
new forms look great. kinda wish Obstagoon was Dark/Fighting but he's p sick regardless.

Emonga remains the best pikaclone. I will fight anyone on this.

Morpeko's two sided ability seems fun though.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
Why are the regional forms commonly Dark type?

Off the top of my head:

Ratatta
Meowth
Grimer

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
img_story_190807_02_01.png

That weezing is a GOAT design

May 5, 2018
I love Galar Weezing. A perfect parody of Stuffy Englishmen but in Pokémon form. Poison and Fairy is a unique type pairing though.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
OMG DA NEW WEEZING DESIGN IS HILARIOUS....TWO LONGZ TOP HATS...... DEAD! LMAO *shares, tweets, etc.*!!! I GOT DA LOLZ NOW!!!

Is that the whole point of these ridiculous region form designs that try to top how silly they can make a classic Pokemon look with each effort? But that Obstagoon design is just topping how hideous they can design a Pokemon.

This is such a joyless, dysfunctionally cynical attitude. I can only feel sorry for you after reading it.

Whatever is bothering you, I hope you feel better.

Edit: This was supposed to be dryly dramatic for comedic effect but just comes across as really mean, which was not my intention. I apologize.

Last edited:

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
New Galar forms look great. And Team Yell is a bunch of annoying fans? Take note, Pokemon fanbase.

I'm the only one that doesn't want to like the new Pokémon too much since they are invenitably going to be dropped at some point in the future?

But what matters now is this game. Why are y'all always thinking about the next 15 games down the line? It's okay to be excited for this one in the moment.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You called people who wanted the national dex idiots did you not?

I generalized a group of people who've been extremely toxic these past few months. That's not what name calling is lol. Are you also offended when people are calling Gamers stupid ?

I'm the only one that doesn't want to like the new Pokémon too much since they are invenitably going to be dropped at some point in the future?

I'll never understand how people can feel like this. How can your enjoyment of new features and monsters be diminished by the fact that you may not play with the exact same again in three to four years. It's beyond me.

Yeah I love him. I wish they'd go with this pose more than him doing the X with his arms

If he was doing an X pose he'd totally be a Mega Man X boss

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
OMG DA NEW WEEZING DESIGN IS HILARIOUS....TWO LONGZ TOP HATS...... DEAD! LMAO *shares, tweets, etc.*!!! I GOT DA LOLZ NOW!!!

Is that the whole point of these ridiculous region form designs that try to top how silly they can make a classic Pokemon look with each effort? But that Obstagoon design is just topping how hideous they can design a Pokemon.

Didn't know it was possible to have this level of bad tastes

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8_7_jobs_1.jpg

literally Xenoblade 2. not a bad thing. at least it gives some incentive to catch more pokemon

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Galarian Weezing is neat. Poison/Fairy is really interesting typing as thanks to levitate it'll only be weak to Steel and Psychic.

Seems like it'll be fun to use before it ceases to exist after this gen.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

SilverX (Hangry Mode)

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I love Galarian Weezing, perfect aesthetic and interesting typing too.

Galarian Zigzagoon, Linoone and Obstagoon look pretty good too, regional forms were a great idea in S/M, and regional evolutions is a very good extension of that. Hoping for a few more in future trailers, and hope the trend continues in future games, definitely one of GF's better ideas over the last few years.

Not sold on the Hangry Pikachu-alike just yet though.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Not sure why people are comparing Team Yell to National Dex people and stuff like that. Looks like the point of them is that they're annoying SUPPORTERS of someone good, not people who hate or are mad about things.

I also like how literally nobody was in here shitting on defenders but we already have people preemptively getting upset about people who dislike the game so far.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I don't even know where you got the impression that people were wrong about regional forms being incompatible with cross-gen evos considering the leak especified "regional evolutions", with a name and all.

Some thought this part was misinterpreted because we couldn't have both for some reason.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll never understand how people can feel like this. How can your enjoyment of new features and monsters be diminished by the fact that you may not play with the exact same again in three to four years. It's beyond me.
Why would I want to grow attached to a pokemon I might not be able to use in the future?

There's a reason I always get a Gardevoir and a Umbreon, when you get a fave you want it to stick around.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I generalized a group of people who've been extremely toxic these past few months. That's not what name calling is lol. Are you also offended when people are calling Gamers stupid ?

Name calling = abusive language or insults. I think calling a whole group of people idiots falls into that.

And I'm just trying to stop the toxicity on both sides here. You acting like this is no better than the toxicity from people wanting the national dex.

rustyphish

May 13, 2019

If he was doing an X pose he'd totally be a Mega Man X boss

I'm sorry, but calling people names is exactly what "name calling" is. I know this is a brave and controversial stance.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
But what matters now is this game. Why are y'all always thinking about the next 15 games down the line? It's okay to be excited for this one in the moment.

We don't even know if those new Pokémon will be in next year's game. I'm not worried about 10 years time, I'm worried about buying DP remake and not being able to inport the new Pokémon.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Regional Forms are back AND it's not just Kanto pandering this time? Praise Arceus. Wish the type was better on the new Zigzagoon Line (Dark/Normal? So Quad Weak to fighting. That's fun). But hopefully the new Obstagoon has a good stat spread. It's got a taunt type move with Obstruct? So is that like, a cross of Counter and Taunt? That'll be interesting to use. Galarian Wheezing being Poison/Fairy is interesting (Apparantly the air out of those hats is purer, hmm.) Wonder if it has an extra ability or if it's still just levitate.

Morpeko I'm not convinced on it's design, but the type swapping each turn is fun. Just wish there was a bit more interesting synergy between types. A move swapping between Electric and Dark each turn needs a little more oomph to it, hopefully it's got high power or people would just run Thunderbolt and Dark Pulse (Or physical equivalents depending on it's typing). Being Marnie's signature pokemon though brings some interesting thoughts about the villain team, talk about it later.

Jobs sound like a nice little update to isle pelago for leveling overnight and on work days. New rotom form called Rotomi tied to the system as well. Site mentions Base Points as well though? That's new, is that what they are calling EV's now? Did they change EV's? Or is this tied to another system entirely. Need to luck further into.

Bede gives some N vibes with his mysteriousness, which is interesting, though not much more to go on with him at the moment. I would not mind if Marnie turns out to be the actual champion of the region. Team Yell basically being fanboys and fangirls trying to get Marnie to be champion is a fun twist on the villains (No more taking over the world aspect at least) although it's still to be seen if world-ending threats will still happen (Chairman Rose winks by). Them showing Marnie's signature pokemon being Morpeko which switches between Happy and Angry forms is a little on the nose if that's hinting towards a bait and switch on who the real bad guys are.

I don't know how I update my chart now. Is is safe to assume regular Zigzagoon is going to be in? I know Sun and Moon had originals, and I imagine they'll bring back the tourist trainers again. But maybe I should put a notice beside them if it's only been the Galarian version shown so far.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Not sure why people are comparing Team Yell to National Dex people and stuff like that. Looks like the point of them is that they're annoying SUPPORTERS of someone good, not people who hate or are mad about things.

I also like how literally nobody was in here shitting on defenders but we already have people preemptively getting upset about people who dislike the game so far.

It's just low hanging fruit, I guess.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
now i really hope we get the regional farfetch'd and an evo like the leak seemed to suggest.
meowth getting another regional evo is a bit strange.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like a weirdly edited video. Like they are aware of the leak and removed half of the shit we expected to see while pretty much confirming the other half lol.