• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
We knownext to nothing about the Galar region outside of the Wild Area, which is kinda surprising at this point.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Hope we get more small videos throughout the week. Nice to see the train takes you all through Galar along with a store for food, no doubt for making dishes for Pokemon. Wish they walked into the clothes store just to see early options.

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like an often requested feature makes a return...
The ability to sit on chairs and benches!

It remains to be seen if the ability to smell beds will be Alola exclusive.

Last edited:

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I like that it's not completely flat and that the scale makes it look like an actual town. Some good progress made there. I also like that you can see the big house near the lake from very far away. As far as I know that kind of stuff is completely new to the series.

Main issue is the texture filtering. The path is completely blurry a few meters away from the player character. It's a bit ridiculous.

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I love that they are drip-feeding us info. I don't think we even have the name of this town

Last edited:

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
You see a lot of land surrounding the town which can't be likely explored, which is a shame.

Also, why isn't the entrance into building continuous?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That has to be the largeet Starting Town since Aspertia City, holy fuck. Also looks like the fielda behind the main cluster have houses, so it could be explorable. I say could, cause it seems like buildings you can enter are denoted by transparent windows, as seen at the railway statipn and PC or maybe cause they are houses things are more private? Whatever. And I love how because its on a hill you can see down to the lakside Professor building, that kinda thing goes a long way for me.
Also Holy Shit at the music, this is Unova Tier Comfy Town territory, I'm in love. I said it from the start, I have a good feeling Galar is going to be the 2nd best region ever after Unova, and I'm getting more certain about that.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty disappointed with the visual design of this game. It looks super dated and it hasn't even released yet.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Looks great. NPC's look way more engaging and the graphics look like they're pushing the Sun/Moon engine to the limit. Still bummed about the dex but I'm loving this.

More footage is expected during the next days

Aannnd it looks like they're about to spoil a lot of the game like they did with Sun/Moon as its launch approached. I think I'm going to go on a black out of Pokémon after this.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Looks great. NPC's look way more engaging and the graphics look like they're pushing the Sun/Moon engine to the limit. Still bummed about the dex but I'm loving this.

Aannnd it looks like they're about to spoil a lot of the game like they did with Sun/Moon as its launch approached. I think I'm going to go on a black out of Pokémon after this.

Yup, same here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Another thing I noticed is that the PC has a mart sign. Perhaps in larger cities some PCs are simply that and otherd have more stuff to offer? Cause I don't remember a Mart Sign at the PC when you enter the Brick City nor did we see one on the mart at the western exit towards the mines.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That tweet specifically talks about revealing info about Pokémon that have already been revealed, so I wouldn't be too worried about that. Absolute worst case scenario, we seen some evos or Gigantamax forms.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
It looks pretty and pretty much what the region map suggested.
Nah it finally shows to what extent the map is inaccurate. I mean we knew this before, but it doea confirm that the scale on the map is smaller than previously thought. Compared to the map:
-1 Main Path, with buildings to the side, in game we see that before the curve to Route 2 the path branches for the boutique and produce stall. Further more the path goes forward at the curve, which is a second branch.
-The first river crossing bridge is after a small portion of land before it, where as on the map its directly next to the town.
-Maps verticality is way way off. Again we knew this, but just look at that height diffetence between the town and the lakeside cabin.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like much more of an evolution in terms of world layout and design than many were reasonably expecting. Obvs it isn't Pokemon BOTW but that was never going to happen.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Nah it finally shows to what extent the map is inaccurate. I mean we knew this before, but it doea confirm that the scale on the map is smaller than previously thought. Compared to the map:
-1 Main Path, with buildings to the side, in game we see that before the curve to Route 2 the path branches for the boutique and produce stall. Further more the path goes forward at the curve, which is a second branch.
-The first river crossing bridge is after a small portion of land before it, where as on the map its directly next to the town.
-Maps verticality is way way off. Again we knew this, but just look at that height diffetence between the town and the lakeside cabin.

IIRC we went trough all this with the first or second trailer, there was a cut of the character walking and I counted more buildings than in the maps.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
IIRC we went trough all this with the first or second trailer, there was a cut of the character walking and I counted more buildings than in the maps.
We did, but it wasn't to this extent. All we knew up till now is that Milos' City(Turffield?) had higher a building count, but we never knew that even the layout is a rough approximation compared to the in game style. In any case, Inreally cannot wait to see what the 3 most sparse cities look like in game. That is the Mushroom Forest, Bea and Allister's City, and the Town below the Ice Floats. That one I think is gonna be the real stand out.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
We did, but it wasn't to this extent. All we knew up till now is that Milos' City(Turffield?) had higher a building count, but we never knew that even the layout is a rough approximation compared to the in game style. In any case, Inreally cannot wait to see what the 3 most sparse cities look like in game. That is the Mushroom Forest, Bea and Allister's City, and the Town below the Ice Floats. That one I think is gonna be the real stand out.

Mushroom Forest can be a real stand out in the game I think, it's an interesting concept.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
They've currently revealed about half as many new Pokemon as they did by this time in the SM cycle, so I wouldn't start worrying too much yet.