• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
This will probably be my favorite Switch game.

Also seems like the IDEAL game to support with DLC.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I still can't believe we're getting another Snap game. This is multiple dreams come through.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Anything about the amount of content in the full game? Cause even though i really want this, if it's as short as snap 64 it's gonna be hard to sell

Goron3

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2020
The best thing about the OG Pokemon Snap is that it's still the only game where you get to see Pokemon living in their natural environment.

Can't wait for this - the game looks great.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anything about the amount of content in the full game? Cause even though i really want this, if it's as short as snap 64 it's gonna be hard to sell
i think we have to wait for reviews to get an idea for how long it is. my guess would be not a super long game for a basic playthrough (~10 hours at most) but there might be a lot of side stuff that extends the length.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so ready for new Pokemon Snap in my life.

Fuck. Can't believe it!

childoac

Dec 16, 2020
Hoping they release a rough estimate of how many / which gens are included in this game. As an older player, that's make or break for me.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Am I misremembering the OG Snap or does this have a higher density of mons on the path? Seems like a good way to encourage replays, just was surprised.

Those animations though. Deffo gonna have to get this at some point. ;-;

Tan

Oct 27, 2017
Am I misremembering the OG Snap or does this have a higher density of mons on the path? Seems like a good way to encourage replays, just was surprised.

Those animations though. Deffo gonna have to get this at some point. ;-;
Definitely seems way denser. In original you were basically only choosing between two pokemon to take a picture of at most.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
Really excited for this. The pokemon world's looking more alive in this game than ever. It needs more spin offs like this

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I know I liked the original, but even as an adult I still don't get the full purpose of the game.

What is the feeling of rewards here? Upgrades etc?

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Did they really ditch the Pester Ball? That was, literally, half the fun of the first game lol. Super lame if they did.

RHANITAN

Oct 25, 2017
anyone else find the picture taking sound feels less satisfying then original snap? everything else about it looks great but it's a little disappointing that the main action for the game feels worse. Just needs a juicier noise for when you nail a picture.
I know I liked the original, but even as an adult I still don't get the full purpose of the game.

What is the feeling of rewards here? Upgrades etc?
For me the appeal has always been discovering secrets. The pokemon and the environment do different things depending on how you interact with them and discovering new pokemon you didn't know were there or even just getting them to do a new action is fun. In the original there were upgrades as well that gave you new ways to interact with the pokemon which gave you reason to replay levels with your new tools and discover new things.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
This looks way better than I expected and I was already hyped for it. It looks like there is a ton of tasks to complete with each Pokémon having 4 pictures to capture too. I really can't wait, it is the best thing coming out this year so far by the looks of it.

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wow. Just wow. It looks so good. These environments looks so full of life. The classic tools (minus Pester Balls) are here too. Can't wait to try it out!

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
my next pokèmon purchase and playtime plans:

Snap in April
Free download Unite (probably in summer?)
Arceus next year

not bad.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
anyone else find the picture taking sound feels less satisfying then original snap? everything else about it looks great but it's a little disappointing that the main action for the game feels worse. Just needs a juicier noise for when you nail a picture.

For me the appeal has always been discovering secrets. The pokemon and the environment do different things depending on how you interact with them and discovering new pokemon you didn't know were there or even just getting them to do a new action is fun. In the original there were upgrades as well that gave you new ways to interact with the pokemon which gave you reason to replay levels with your new tools and discover new things.

Ah so there's more interaction than just pointing the camera and shooting? I understand that's the primary mechanic which is cool and all, but it's good if there's a feeling of interaction discovery and surprise in the game. I never played the original.

carrot_

Feb 21, 2021
But is there going to be a replacement for Professor Oak's exclamations? The Pokemon Snap experience can't be complete without hearing "OhHHHhh!" "Well done!" and "You were close!" while my photos are being evaluated.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
So excited for this game. Still hoping there's character customization, since the girl character looks like a huge goofball in those leggings.

prizna

Jan 15, 2018
What is the FPS of New Pokémon Snap? I feel like it looked smoother in the previous trailer.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna play the shit out of this all weekend when it comes out. I've been waiting for this game for two decades.