• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I think I threw too hard 😔

58c250ae-769c-472a-85akb6.jpeg
This is great, you even have the other Morelull mourning

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Oh...that sounds rough, best of luck with whatever situation you are dealing with and hopefully the game can take your mind a bit off of it until things improve again.
Thank you for the kind words. Just trying to get through one day at a time.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Is there no way to see Snaps from Switch friends? I see I have some sort of profile ID, but I haven't found a way to search on ID yet.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to play for about 30 minutes, really freaking good so far. Such a nice relaxing game.

Voice acting is so much better than Pokken Tournament too lol

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm ten again :')

Here are some of my favorites:
aca5CNM.jpg

Bcc9A5m.jpg

aUnFEi1.jpg

hZyb2c5.jpg

McGonagall vibes:
PuCCXFb.jpg

Obligatory bidoof shot:
J2zkuRN.jpg

c4HJafX.jpg

JSREvdt.jpg

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I really don't know why I had the urge to get this instead of Nier:Replicant or Returnal but well, here we are lol

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I got lost spending serious hours to this game already. What a great game! Also can't wait for my daughter to give it a whirl, she is going to freak out!

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I only did 3 explorations but Bidoof is so cute in this game, I love this.
Found it! It's hidden in the Photodex leaderboard. Press X, then Friends, then select a friend. Damn, that's well hidden, haha. Unless there's an easier way to find it.
Thanks, I was wondering as well, time to give some apple medals.
I also like that there's a spoil filter in this game lol

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Neat the game has an option to hide Pokemon and routes you haven't seen yet when browsing photos...

Hey is there an easy way to upload to Twitter photos?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Just walked into a walmart in a busy area and they didn't receive any copies of the game :/
Off to a different store I guess.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Neat the game has an option to hide Pokemon and routes you haven't seen yet when browsing photos...

Hey is there an easy way to upload to Twitter photos?

Save to your switch > go to the album on the switch menu > Post/edit > Post to Twitter (need to link twitter account first)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the game is cute and all...but so far I feel it lacks some of the character of the original?

I felt the original had a nice incorporation of all the Pokemon in each level that contributed well to the feeling of the game almost being a puzzle in how to get certain shots.

This one seems a bit too laid back so far, which is fine, but I'm not feeling the same as I did with the original. But I'm only on the first night map.

Without spoilers is there anything akin to the hidden pictures the original had i.e. where you found landmarks resembling Pokemon?

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
How is the game in handheld mode? Just picked it up from Walmart and planned to make it my play-in-bed game, but I'll stick to the TV if performance isn't great.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Super late but what seems to be the ResetEra consensus? Was a big fan of the original, but this seemed a bit lacking. Still want to play!

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Aah my copy still hasnt arrived :( Last update was 4 hours ago when it left a facility 30min away from me... That anticipation is killing me! I want to get my Friday started Snappin!

edit: oh dope they updated the tracker, now I can see it on a map. Phew! Was on media blackout after the first trailer for this day!

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I found it funny that apparently it takes longer to beat this game than the latest mainline Pokémon game (which I liked though)
I guess this will ask you to replay a lot of explorations.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I took a picture of Torterra yawning and it says I didn't complete the request?

Is there a certain way? I'm sure I got it yawning, even got four stars so I assumed that was the goal.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The fact that it doesn't count if you've taken the picture before being given the request is EXTREMELY dumb

I took a picture of Hoothoot with both of its legs out, then was given a request for that exact thing right afterwards so I had to do it again. How did no one on the dev team think to fix this.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Enjoying it so far but I wish there was a little less story early on. For the first hour or so there's tutorials/cutscenes after every ride. I'm excited to get to the point where I can somewhat freely just work towards accomplishing everything.

Also I may or may not be throwing apples at everyone to see what happens.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Huh no for the Torterra one I did indeed get the request first...that's why I knew to look for it yawning. And since it was my first four star I submitted it.

I had the issue with the Hoot-Hoot but I got the request after I took a shot so that's it. Kind of lame but it's easy enough.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Games looks great, it's fun, and super relaxing. Going to enjoy this weekend playing this.

Only complaint: Why can I only submit one and only Pokemon photo? Okay, PS64 did this, but now we have these multiple-star pictures. If you're keeping track of every Star by picture separately, at least let me submit a 1-Star and a 2-Star from the same Pokemon in one run.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this game is actually kind of frustrating if you're a completionist.

I think this game suffers from too much bloat to be honest. Addicted to it, but the levels feel too dense for their own good and there seems to be little going on that's all that interesting.

Let me bop Pokemon into a volcano.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I just unlocked the third and fourth levels, weird it takes a bit of grinding of the first two and then it starts dumping a bunch on you at once.

So the game is cute and all...but so far I feel it lacks some of the character of the original?

I felt the original had a nice incorporation of all the Pokemon in each level that contributed well to the feeling of the game almost being a puzzle in how to get certain shots.

This one seems a bit too laid back so far, which is fine, but I'm not feeling the same as I did with the original. But I'm only on the first night map.

Without spoilers is there anything akin to the hidden pictures the original had i.e. where you found landmarks resembling Pokemon?

I'm sort of far in and I assume the 1 to 4-star mechanic is kind of the same thing as figuring out the "puzzles". Though sometimes it does feel like you get higher star photos for really random stuff and you barely have to do anything. It's also been hard to keep track what level differences come from you affecting the level or the higher research level on its own, but I've noticed a thing or two here and there and at least one alternate path I had to find myself.

I've also taken some (not secret) pics of some "ancient ruins" that I have no idea what they mean so far, I assume that may be a similar thing.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this game is actually kind of frustrating if you're a completionist.

I think this game suffers from too much bloat to be honest. Addicted to it, but the levels feel too dense for their own good and there seems to be little going on that's all that interesting.

Let me bop Pokemon into a volcano.
"Top secret tech" just hit start and end expedition to submit stuff faster or perfect the early stuff quickly in a stage

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It does feel like a trick to keep you grinding by not letting you submit multiple star photos for a Pokemon at once if it wants that for completion.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
2021043022115700_sf6kga.jpg

The Murkrow Gang releasing the hottest mixtape of this year.

Pretty fun game so far, although I haven't played all that much. I can already feel the grind looming on the horizon, though honestly it's not that bad. The course is done quickly enough and there's always something I wanna get on film(?), so I think I'll be fine.

Feels great to have Pokémon Snap with me again.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
It does feel like a trick to keep you grinding by not letting you submit multiple star photos for a Pokemon at once if it wants that for completion.
I think the idea behind it is that it gives you more stuff to do with each visit to each course

Like, let's say I go back to the first area for a certain request, while I'm there I can grab photos for other stars of other Pokemon that I hadn't gotten a chance to submit yet.

I'm not sure if I agree with it, but I can kinda see where they're coming from

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I don't mind having to revisit for stars, it'd be a bit too easy I think if you could just snap tons of pictures and grab all the stars.

Though I agree some stars I don't get the qualifications. Liepard just standing around is 2 Star but it sleeping is 1?

"Top secret tech" just hit start and end expedition to submit stuff faster or perfect the early stuff quickly in a stage
Oh didn't even think of this. I thought you could do that through snapping all your photos up but this is easier.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Can you not check your photo book on trail? That's mad dumb. How the hell am I supposed to remember if I submitted Pichu's 1 or 2 star pose an hour ago.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I think the idea behind it is that it gives you more stuff to do with each visit to each course

Like, let's say I go back to the first area for a certain request, while I'm there I can grab photos for other stars of other Pokemon that I hadn't gotten a chance to submit yet.

I'm not sure if I agree with it, but I can kinda see where they're coming from

This, but also when you return to older courses later in the game you'll have access to more gadgets. I just unlocked the Melody (Pokeflute) for example, so now I can go back to older levels to use that on different Pokémon and get higher scores/higher graded pictures. I wouldn't have to do that if I already had 4 pictures graded by the professor, so I would miss out on a lot of interaction between Pokémon and new Pokémon that spawned because the route levelled up.

Jun 2, 2019
Positional sound in this game is pretty amazing

Played around an hour using my Sony golds and sound really shines with a surround headset, both Pokémon voices and ambient sounds are crystal clear and accurate with the Pokemon positions.

I have only unlocked the jungle course, but that one is already a treat sound wise.

Btw, the game told me i have unlocked the bidoof nest route, how do i access It?

Oct 25, 2017
So.. much... talking....

Other than that it's ok so far. I still wish it was more arcadey already. But no, we gotta fill bars. We'll see how it goes, though

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't looked up what gear you get...the fact they point out how friendly and safe the apples are even if you hit a Pokemon with it makes me think the Pester Balls aren't coming back because that seems a bit too violent for the more eco-friendly style of this game compared to the original.