• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
A new app got released today in Sweden, and going live globally in a rollout. This app is the Pokémon Trading Card Game Card Dex and allows players to keep track of their collections and search for cards in each of the sets. This can be done manually with a check box or by scanning the card manually using your device's camera

DyjjoT1XQAAemUo.jpg
DyjjoT8XcAAFQS0.jpg
DyjjoT2XQAEyiab.jpg

I did a small video tour of it ^_^

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Genius idea, I'm a sucker for those sorts of collection checklist things. Will definitely give the app a look later.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me this wasn't the rumored Mobile app we were hearing about earlier....

This is neat and all but I was expecting proper Pokemon Trading Card Game Online support for Mobile Android users because it's obnoxious having to redownload the APK file (and than redownloading the rest of the cards again) every time they update the game since the game is only "officially" supported on tablets at the moment.

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Please tell me thus wasn't the rumored Mobile app we were hearing about earlier....

This is neat and all but I was expecting proper Pokemon Trading Card Game Online support for Mobile Android users because it's obnoxious having to redownload the APK file (and than redownloading the rest of the cards again) every time they update the game since the game is only "officially" supported on tablets at the moment.
I mean this is the sort of app The Pokémon Company International works on.
People keep spreading stuff without context and so they get over hyped. Here's a list of games by TPCi

Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
Pokémon TV
Camp Pokémon
Pokémon Photo Booth
Pokémon Playhouse
Pokémon Trading Card Game Card Dex

Basically utility apps and small game apps aimed at young folk.

People always forget the difference between The Pokémon Company and The Pokémon Company International
Is this not available in UK iOS App Store? I can't find it.
Sweden only for now. Global rollout incoming

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is the sort of app The Pokémon Company International works on.
People keep spreading stuff without context and so they get over hyped. Here's a list of games by TPCi

Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
Pokémon TV
Camp Pokémon
Pokémon Photo Booth
Pokémon Playhouse
Pokémon Trading Card Game Card Dex

Basically utility apps and small game apps aimed at young folk.

People always forget the difference between The Pokémon Company and The Pokémon Company International
Is Dire Wolf Digital the people behind the game's continued updates or did TPCi take over such duties?

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
This is really cool.

For people who don't collect, can it be used to just scroll through high-res images of the cards for viewing?

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
This is really neat. I've toyed around with the idea of getting back into the TCG, but it's just too expensive. I love watching the yearly tournament though.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
I just want that Latios & Latias card so badly :(

As a huge TCG collector, it's one of the best full art design for a card.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
This is really cool. Even if I don't collect the cards anymore, it is still fun to be able to look at the cards and see what they do.