• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Releasing Outer Wilds this close to The Outer Worlds so that people will confuse one for the other, and mistakenly buy the wrong thing... I see you, devs. What a strat!

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Very strong week. Add No More Heroes, which is a real oddball, hopefully with a good enough performance.

dimitri2401

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Amazing week. I was waiting for Outer Wilds and Return of Obra Dinn in anticipation, and now they will be released on the same day. I just have to find time to play them.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
This. Just beat it the other day and it's by GOTY. It's a bit of a slog at the beginning when you only have a couple of characters and skills unlocked but stick with it and you'll be rewarded.
Buy morta you bums, it's a great game
Children of Morta is fantastic.

I wasnt going to buy anything until the new COD, but the impressions for this game have been exciting. I'll definitely pick this one up.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible week. Already pre-ordered Children of Morta but will def pick up Outer Wilds and Obra Dinn some time this week. Cat Quest II and Modern Warfare release next week and make this the best fortnight of game releases for me in a long time.

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Woods, Obra Dinn, and Jackbox. October is the month the doesn't stop giving.. me a chance to catch my breath.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man.. all those games look soo epic, but my gaming $ is set with concrete genie and modern warfare. What a shame 😌

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Outer Wilds is one of the most incredible things i have ever experienced in a video game. Please play it

Same with Obra Dinn. If you've never played Outer Wilds or Obra Dinn please fix that with these new ports. They're both GOTY contenders, one for this year and one for last. Lovely stuff.

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the graphics they use for the games. It gives digital releases nice feeling comparable to covers for boxes.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
So I am thinking about buying Children of Morta, was already in my Steam wishlist, but don't know if I should buy it on Steam or PS4? Any impressions from someone that bought it on PS4 (have a Pro, if it matters)? There are only a handful of reviews out now, some are mentioning technical issues (mainly long load times, as well as graphical glitches), can anyone confirm that? I checked the store shortly past midnight and missed the pre-order bonus, which is now a 4€ theme in the store. I probably would have bought it on PS4 if I checked before midnight.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Was it too much trouble to link to their PS Store pages? A jpeg and 2 sentence blurb is expected to sell a game in this competitive ass market?

Spartan

Nov 14, 2018
OP forgot the collection of Baldur's Gate I & II, and Torment + Icewind Dale.

What a week for indies.

cdr Jameson

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited about obra dinn and outer wilds.

Children of morta sounds interesting. What makes it great?

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Don't miss out on Outer Wilds. It's a really magical experience and one of the best games of 2019.

Obra Dinn is also very good.