• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it looks cool but I always wonder if these artsy ads actually get anyone to buy into things. Their budget seems magnitudes greater than just, y'know, showing the thing you're trying to sell.
i feel like there is someone up there in sony marketing who loves making these trailers and spends hundreds of millions of dollars on these ads every generation. its hilarious i dont think anyone looks at these expensive ads and says yes, i want to buy me a playstation.

OP
OP
Toumari

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Seems this isn't an advert for PS5 in particular, but the PlayStation brand as a whole.

I've reported for the title to be tweaked.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I don't get these ads, did nothing for me haha

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I mostly like it. They have multiple campaigns for multiple purposes; this is more about the "brand" I think.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the PS5 is just a LSD dispenser? You lick the case and start tripping?

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Leading up to and at console launch I don't mind a abstract 'mood' trailer like this... so yeah, liked it for what it's trying to do.

On the other hand it's just an advert that will have no impact on the purchasing decision for the type of people who come to this site.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
So this is the evolution of PS3 commercials...

Man, I love when Sony gets crazy with odd numbered PlayStations.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
People begin complaining before reading two lines of writing that explains what the ad is. It's not there to showcase specific games, it's a brand ad. It's evocative and it's a window into the whole ecosystem of PlayStation cinematic experiences lying ahead.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
i feel like there is someone up there in sony marketing who loves making these trailers and spends hundreds of millions of dollars on these ads every generation. its hilarious i dont think anyone looks at these expensive ads and says yes, i want to buy me a playstation.
Might also just be Sony letting some junior employees going nuts, letting their creativity out, doing a project on their own.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry... what is this?

qKhoR9f.png
Random meaningless bullshit, like the rest of the ad

tris20

Aug 25, 2020
love it, normaly there are some hints about games in there.
we got one with the ps4 back in the day with showing ff7 remake and nathan drake and stuff.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People begin complaining before reading two lines of writing that explains what the ad is. It's not there to showcase specific games, it's a brand ad. It's evocative and it's a window into the whole ecosystem of PlayStation cinematic experiences lying ahead.
If you have to read what the ad is for, it's a bad advertisement.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Say what you will about how dumb the ad is but the only PS2 ad I can remember is the PS9 ad, and the first ad that comes to mind for the PS3 is that creepy baby ad.

Edit: This one isn't on the level of those

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Cool ad, keep in mind how cool and fun this ad is when we see the PS5 price, it's something that will contribute to that price tag.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
I don't know who exactly this is targeted at, but this definitely did not make me want to buy their consoles.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually a good ad. If they wanted to invoke that feeling of going on some type of journey, they got me.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Some of you really overreact, PS has had plenty of ads regarding PS5 and it's game. Additionally on the Variety article they state that ads focusing on games are coming (probably after the Wednesday event where the launch lineup will materialize).