• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
th

Sep 7, 2018
I didn't word about a Monster Hunter movie being made and that picture looks fake. I mean I haven't even played one, but I know this doesn't look anything like the games.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
Arekkz is claiming the thing guy is holding is LBG.. but it does NOT look like an LGB to me lol

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like these games but even i can see with this single photo that this has nothing to do with the franchise.

But given that Milla Jovovich is in there, that's not very surprising.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This is basically an anime movie. People from the real world stuck in fantasy land to save both worlds

Surprised so many people in AnimeEra are against this, but maybe typical anime schlock is much more obviously bad when western studios ape it in live action.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
This is basically an anime movie. People from the real world stuck in fantasy land to save both worlds

Surprised so many people in AnimeEra are against this, but maybe typical anime schlock is much more obviously bad when western studios ape it in live action.

This is not accurate. Usually in isekai stories, the main character doesn't give a damn about the real world.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I played all of five minutes of Monster Hunter: World and I'm pretty sure I could turn up a movie that resembles its source material better than this.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Last thing I wanted to see out of a Monster Hunter movie was some basic looking white dude coming at Gore Magala with the same strategy of an incel high school kid.

Hard pass on this.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to jump to any conclusions based on one picture, but I understand the sentiment of those who did. Anyways, this could easily be just a scene of a guy who just got transported to a world full of monsters, so I don't automatically think the movie will be about dudes with existing firearms fighting CGI monsters.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I assume this is from before he gets isekai'd into the Monster Hunter world. Calm down y'all.

Aegis Renfro

Jan 11, 2018
I can't wait for the trailer with that edgy Monster song by Skillet and Milla Jovovich lunging at a giant beasty in slow motion with some weird curved knives..

(I'm also extremely proud of myself for spelling Milla Jovovich correctly without looking it up)

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Man the lightbow gun sure looks different in real life.

I for one can't wait to see them fighting the monsters with grenades, F-15s and AK-47s.

/s

This movie is going be a fucking disaster, can't wait to see it.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Took a look at the picture in the first post and now I will stay out of this thread.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's 2018 & video game movies are still bad for the most part (I kinda enjoyed Tomb Raider from earlier this year). If comic books & anime/manga can finally start getting decent-to-great films, why hasn't the same occurred for video games yet?

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Wow the full and complete magnitude of how utterly shite this movie will be conveyed in one simple photo.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played Monster Hunter but even I know this is gonna be shitty going from this picture. Movies based on video games will never get it right.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Gunner guy is going to lose his gear and get wrecked in the beginning. Then there's gonna be a montage where he becomes proficient in actual MonHun weapons, with a palico sparring with him.

Oct 31, 2017
I hate this shit so much. Why do they have to try to ground stuff in our world? Don't they know it sucks every single time? Didn't they watch Masters of the Universe? Or Garbage Pail Kids? Or the Bay Transformers movies? Fucking whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
*screams into butt*

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Monster Hunter is secretly a prequel to Dino Crisis... Nah, this is probably going to be trash.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even going to look at the photo. I love monster hunter so much that I will see this site unseen. Can't wait for a hopefully faithful adaptation.