• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://personacentral.com/persona-5-royal-persona-names-ann-yusuke-kichijoji-battle/

First off we now know Ryuji, Ann's, and Yusuke's third tier Persona.

Ryuji's is William, the first name of Captain Kid.

Ann's is Celestine, the original actress to play Carmen.

Yusuke's is Gorochiki, another name for Goemon apparently?

New activities you can do in Kichijoji.
  • Playing billiards benefits technical attacks and other effects in battle.
  • Playing darts enhances Baton Touch abilities, ranking them up with specific characters.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks at the Jazz Club enhance persona abilities.
  • Meditating at the temple increases the maximum capacity for SP.
  • Players can sell gear found in Mementos at the used clothes shop to gain points, which can be exchanged for prizes.
  • There are other mysterious stores and food shops.

Discusses the new events we see at the end of the character trailers.

And new details on combat.
  • Baton Touch ranks have been introduced.
  • Leveling ranks increases the offensive and beneficial effects of the Baton Touch.
  • Make full use of skills that cannot be inherently learned by equipping accessories that grant the use of skills.
  • Characteristics have been added to each persona with attributes such as SP consumption for skills decreased, skill damage increased, etc.
  • A new cooperative technique called "Show Time" has been introduced.
  • "Show Time" is a special performance where teammates combine their strength. As their bonds deepen, they will begin to produce new techniques.
  • Makoto Niijima and Haru Okumura's "Show Time" is a cooperation skill based around female professional wrestling.

Honestly the changes to combat sound exciting. I'm also interested in seeing the rest of the new Persona. I'm glad it's going back to the trickster ones as opposed to the evolved deity based ones.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good, i need a little more time to replay it, still to fresh for me.

This one is PS4 only? or is it going to be in PS3 as well?

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
There is not much "new" info in there if you've followed the trailers.

Still waiting on them to talk about the pacing and if they've improved that at all compared to the original release.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Still going waiting on the ability to back up my boy Ryuji and tell the cat off. Atlus pls.

Cobra

Mar 2, 2019
I finished the game around 85-90 hours. I still want to do a new game+ run, finish persona 3 FES, and start golden 4 as well. Too many games though, not enough time.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Show Time is interesting. Hopefully they improved the pacing of it during the latter half of the game so it doesn't feel like a god damn slog.
I'll do a 3rd playthrough.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The magazine has a screenshot of a new animated cutscene or what seems to be Ren staring at something at a dance.

I'm guessing this will be the scene of Kasumi dancing.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I got the platinum in Persona 5 and am looking forward to doing it again. I wonder if they are going to strengthen the reaper's immune system for this game.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The new activities sound great and all but if they don't raise social stats as well then you'll only really get to use them in new game +

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I know there's more time to do stuff, but I wonder how hard it will be to max out all the social links and also do these new things enough to make them worthwhile. Looking forward to it either way!

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still have not seen any word on the English translation being fixed. That's the deal breaker for me.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I know there's more time to do stuff, but I wonder how hard it will be to max out all the social links and also do these new things enough to make them worthwhile. Looking forward to it either way!

I'm not sure it was possible to do all the new motorbike scenes and still max everything in P4G either, or if it was it must have needed a perfect playthrough

Oct 25, 2017
This all sounds very good. If they new puzzles and dungeon gimmicks can help the pacing of the dungeon crawling part of the game, it'll be great.

I doubt any additions can make me like the story, but that's not as big of an issue having already played the original, I can just mash through the old dialogue if I don't feel like experiencing it again and enjoy a better paced game.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
A Haru and Makoto tag team attack themed off women's professional wrestling.

This I must see.

In terms of time management, you already had almost a month free after you maxed all the links as it was, and was the first game you could really do so without following a strict guide really. With a guide, P3 gave you like 2 days, P4 gave you a week or so, P4G a month as well.

Hopefully the bike scenes will be worth doing this time for more than a character, as they were mainly used to give characters in P4 alternate playstyles(a more caster focused Chie and Kanji, for example). More to do won't be a bad thing here, just need to tighten up the pacing as it was a major complaint. :)

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scans are out there.

Ann's new Persona looks like Bayonetta and Twintelle did the fusion dance. Yusuke's looks like if Space Dandy was a pimp. The theme seems to be more "modern" looks for the initial Persona.

Wrestling show time looks funny.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
persona characteristics sound cool, i liked that a lot in SMTIV apocalypse

hopefully they don't remove the flu season death trick

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
My platinum run was 184 hours. I have every intention of spending that amount of time with this version.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I saw those third tier Persona designs. Not sure if i can post them but they are certaintly intresting

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
There is not much "new" info in there if you've followed the trailers.

Still waiting on them to talk about the pacing and if they've improved that at all compared to the original release.
Most people that have an issue with the pacing have it because it's too long of a game so I it seems weird to think this will change anything about that when there is more content all around.

Now if you're pacing issues are more nuanced like just having a problem with the beginning of the game I doubt anything will change looking at the golden on that front.

The best hope you can have for better pacing is a retranslation that makes everything read snappier.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
It took me 99 hours to finish Persona 5 on my first playthrough, looking forward to doing it again.

99 would be like a speedrun compared to the glacial pace i finished the game at 146 hours 😓

Looks like im going to be spending alot of time at the temple, SP is the killer of brute force runes through the game.

Im still upset that data won't transfer from original P5 to this one. Can never do every social link in one playthrough

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Still no plans to offer an upgrade path as dlc, I guess?

Bought p5 like a month before royal was announced, just my luck. lmao

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Wen't through two playthroughs to 100% the game at about ~180 hours and still very tempted to pick this up...

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
The Showtime moves remind me a lot of the Team Performance attacks in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Feb 21, 2019
I loved it, but I can't do another 90 hours. IF they somehow cut this with just the new DLC and the new character. I would have spent full price on it. But I just don't have the time.