• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Looks like if you pushed it down on one side it would wobble when horizontal 😂
Ah shit, here we go again...
2376216-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I still don't get the horizontal stand either, surely most people have their consoles horizontal, it just adds bulk to an already large system.

dancmc

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really like the look of the digital version horizontally. Glad I no longer care about physical media, so that one will be mine. Just wish there was a larger storage space available (2-4 TB). I will really be interested to know how they plan to deal with expandable storage given the importance they are placing on the SDD speed. Wondering if they are going to need to go the same route as Microsoft with offering some proprietary solution.

Oct 28, 2017
I agree with many of you. Digital looks way better vertically, but the Disc Version looks better horizontally.

I was kinda nervous when I showed it to my wife. I was like "Here is what the PS5 looks like, it looks crazy!" She gave me a gift card last Christmas at Best Buy to buy one, which I am just holding and waiting. So I was nervous to show her what she bought me basically.

She was like "You are just going to put it by the TV and play games on it, who cares what it looks like." I just gave her a fist pound and nodded.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So this pretty much confirms the stand is required? And it doesn't come with the console? Why would you do this? Why would you design a console that requires a stand when put in the position most people are going to use? It's just so baffling.

I don't think we've received confirmation that the horizontal stand won't be included with the console.

But I agree about the need for a stand in general, at least to be placed horizontally. Seems ridiculous. The console just looks so unstable when placed horizontally on that stand.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
The digital version actually looks a lot worse than the regular PS5 when laying down. Vertically I think the digital looks pretty good.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
The disc version actually looks better lying horizontal. The digital version just looks like it toppled over. Not saying much for either model, however.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
The disc one looks better vertical, too.

Digital version was clearly an afterthought. They just sliced the drive off and covered the hole with bondo!!

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
There's no redeeming it from any angle. It'll be replaced in a couple of years with something much better looking.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Well the digital edition looks better vertical and worse horizontal, lol.

Still can't get over the design, so strange but also cool? Needing a stand to place it horizontally is wild to me.

Nov 11, 2017
Am I the only one that thinks the UHD version looks better? I mean they both ugly as hell but at least the UHD proportions well

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
So this pretty much confirms the stand is required? And it doesn't come with the console? Why would you do this? Why would you design a console that requires a stand when put in the position most people are going to use? It's just so baffling.

If it is required it will have to be included. To not do so would cause more trouble than it would be worth. Seems a waste of money to design it like this though. Even if the stand costs $0.50 it would add $500,000/month at a million consoles a month.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'm the odd one out who still prefers the look of the Digital Edition, even horizontally. The disc drive lump still looks weird. I think the DE is sleeker.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
For every critique posted about the PS5 on Era, I've seen the exact opposite posted on Era. There's no right answers here.