• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrowsyJungle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I'm not sure why they've made such a polarizing design. Seems like either love or hate. My wife would never let this sit in the home.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
the disc version when horizontal - the disc portion blends nicely with the contrasting black stand. Almost like the stand is good design :P

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this machine was designed to be placed vertically. Horizontal look doesn't do any favours to it.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm 99% sure this thing is going to look way better in person. The renders are not doing it justice.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I find it ugly no matter how it's placed. But that's just my taste. My PC cases are always very standard too, just big black boxes. No neon lights, no weird lopsided angles, nowt like that. Never been a fan of that kind of style.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Honestly i do like the look of it. I like that Sony went with an opinionated design rather than a boring one. But I feel like i got burned on the gen-1 PS4 Pro which is extremely loud and I'll learn my lesson by waiting for the first revision. Wouldn't hurt to be a bit smaller with the same aesthetic.

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
I think it looks great. I was a bit surprised at first, but I genuinely like the appearance now. I'm looking forward to having the physical console here.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
yeah wow disc version looks better than digital version horizontally
they still both look awful though

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The lumpy PS5 looks better horizontally. Going for this version unless there is some insane price difference. I've been 90% digital this gen but I like having the option.

Wonder is Sony is trying to force us into a non-digital future? /s

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
the disc console looks more symmetrical when it's horizontal, but the slot would have been better if it was in the middle

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe they made a console that looks bad both vertically and horizontally. That was one of the OG PS4's design strengths.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to set this in my entertainment center and try to never look at the actual box ever again.

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas,tx
Still buying it but I don't like the idea that you need a stand to lay it horizontally. Disc drive not being on top bugging me too. By the way, anyone find it weird they haven't shown the back yet? I get it's just ports but you would think that would show every side of the console. Wonder if they are still hiding something they have yet to reveal that's in the back???

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
and yes, digital edition looks uneven as fuck horizontal with the stand and looks like it's about to topple over. bizarre design.

fgr9op3.png

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Makes me wonder if you can spin the PS5 around like a Lazy Susan that you find in your cupboards or Chinese restaurants.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Looks good. I always prefer my consoles horizontal. Man, I just want those preorders opened already.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
So this pretty much confirms the stand is required? And it doesn't come with the console? Why would you do this? Why would you design a console that requires a stand when put in the position most people are going to use? It's just so baffling.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still need to see the back of this thing. Can't really tell how much of an improvement ventilation is compared to PS4