• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Almost every indie Nintendo gets is on PC months earlier, and thousands of PC Indies never make it over. PS4 and Xbox also have more Indies. Nintendo gives them the spot light because they literally have nothing else to talk about. If someone really likes indie gaming they need to get a tablet PC.
youre_serious_futurama.gif

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
Give me Wargroove.

And maybe this is a bit hopeful, but... give me that Hollow Knight: Hornet DLC info

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew it... Such a Nintendo thing to do. An Nindies to start the year. I mean Indies are cool, but a general direct would be way more hype to start the year...

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
unknown.png

It's not a Nintendo Direct. It's not even a streamed presentation. If it isn't called a Direct, it isn't a Direct. Not every promotional video Nintendo puts out is a Direct.
This has no bearing on a Direct. Stop it. You have a problem, Era. I'm worried.

Also, ScreamingMadden, the European and American indie highlight reels usually have different content, to the point where last year's American one told people to watch the European one as well.
Not sure why you quoted me, but I didn't say this is a Direct.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I'm thinking we'll get a Wargroove release date for sometime within the next 3 weeks rather than a shadow drop. The 'no review copies out yet' makes me wary. That game seems quality so I'd imagine they'd want reviews in time for release.

Amnixia

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
No More Heroes counts as a indie right? Any hopes on getting 1+2 ported?

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea how I missed that announcement, but that's fantastic news.

The new Steamworld game hasn't been officially announced yet. It's likely that it will be announced at this or some other very recent Direct.

Quoting myself from the eShop thread about a week ago:

Not sure that it has been 100% spelled out before, but Brjann at Image & Form today said (in a local newspaper in Gothenburg) they will indeed release a new Steamworld game during 2019, although the exact release date is yet a secret. It will revolve around steam-driven robots as before, but no more details than that about the game.
However, elsewhere in the article he mentions "12-18 months" as the development time for a game, which (to me at least) might indicate a first half 2019 release of the game.

EDIT: fixed the quotes.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Almost every indie Nintendo gets is on PC months earlier, and thousands of PC Indies never make it over. PS4 and Xbox also have more Indies. Nintendo gives them the spot light because they literally have nothing else to talk about. If someone really likes indie gaming they need to get a tablet PC.

Not really true, a lot of indie games are getting simultaneous releases on both Switch and PC. Gotta remember that the Switch is not even 2 years old yet, lot of games didn't had the time to prepare for multi-platform release. Also, these games are selling better on Switch than other platforms so indie devs are all flocking to it. Of course, PC will always be the better platform for indie games due to the openness of the platform, but given the time, the Switch should have more indie titles than the other consoles.

Mistermetz

Jun 17, 2018

A tablet PC? And how to control those games like hollow knight etc.? With a stylus or touch screen? Doesn't make sense to use a tablet PC for indie games, unless you're into candy crush, infinity runners, point & click adventures or racing games (gyro control). Yes there are Bluetooth controllers, but I don't like to put my tablet PC on my knees in the train and hold my controller separately, looks and feels hilarious. Get a PC for indies at home if you want the best fidelity and for indies + portability get a switch, easy.

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Return of the Obra Dinn would be dope. Also, if we don't get Wargroove tomorrow, I'm expecting it to release at the very least, in the next two weeks.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It is a direct for me =(

...seriously some of those indie presentations were more hyped than actual mini directs =P

And not every direct is a streaming
And preemptively, yes, Nintendo Direct mini and Micro presentations in the past have been dumped on YouTube without a live stream debut in the past, but that has no bearing on European Indie Highlights, American Nindie Showcases, or Japanese Indie World videos.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
The new Steamworld game hasn't been officially announced yet. It's likely that it will be announced at this or some other very recent Direct.

Quoting myself from the eShop thread about a week ago:

EDIT: fixed the quotes.

Ahhh beautiful news! More likely Heist 2 but hoping for Dig 3. Love these indie presentations, pretty much the lifeblood of the system for me (as an ongoing wii u owner)

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Not really true, a lot of indie games are getting simultaneous releases on both Switch and PC. Gotta remember that the Switch is not even 2 years old yet, lot of games didn't had the time to prepare for multi-platform release. Also, these games are selling better on Switch than other platforms so indie devs are all flocking to it. Of course, PC will always be the better platform for indie games due to the openness of the platform, but given the time, the Switch should have more indie titles than the other consoles.
Switch has the superior form factor over the box consoles. With Indies the games don't need all the power many times. So yeah I understand why people buy indies on Switch over PS4. I do think a lot of Switch owners are sleeping on Surface Go though. It's a little more money than Switch, but once you're in with a dock and controller it beats Switch in every way by a lot. PC games also drop in price faster so actually it can be a cheaper way to game in the long run. Your Steam library is permanent too, wheras you are very likely to lose your library when you buy the Switch successor. The one thing you absolutely only get with Switch is nintendo first party, and right now it kinda feels like they're reloading after firing everything in 2017-18. Heres a PC indie that just hit my radar pretty hard:

I actually think it would be pretty awesome on Switch too. Forget wargroove. This game would get me much more excited.

tohlew

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we see Wattam confirmed for Switch, and hell, maybe Namco can bless us with Noby Noby Boy too!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprise dropping Wargroove would be too much for me to handle. We can hope, but I think we might get a date.
I don't think it'll be shadowdropped. The dev said the release would be soon and the announcement would be very soon. I'm thinking they announce it to release maybe next week the latest?

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
It's always both, though usually heavily more weighted towards new announcements. Every indie showcase from NoA or NoE always dumps a whole slew of new announcements

Thank you! Wasn't sure due to this being a NOE event.

Still hoping for a Spelunky port, chances seem slim though.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
A tablet PC? And how to control those games like hollow knight etc.? With a stylus or touch screen? Doesn't make sense to use a tablet PC for indie games, unless you're into candy crush, infinity runners, point & click adventures or racing games (gyro control). Yes there are Bluetooth controllers, but I don't like to put my tablet PC on my knees in the train and hold my controller separately, looks and feels hilarious. Get a PC for indies at home if you want the best fidelity and for indies + portability get a switch, easy.
This is a non-issue. PCs are compatible with everything. They even sell controllers made to attach to a PC tablet. Behold:

AvMUu1hXYgLRfgz8OlKQKQZ7iQ7mhgEFeQcPUkmwB5Q.jpg

Also there are lots of great touch compatible games on PC like Into the Breach and Civilization.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol come on man.