• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Wargroove and Terraria release dates would be nice, especially if both come in Q1.

Untitled Goose Game and Gang Beasts would be great if included and dated for this side of E3.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want the goose.

zQheoDj.gif

The goose is loose.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
I'm curious as to why this isn't labeled as a Nindies Direct. Nintendo is very intentional about their messaging, and so "Indies Highlight" wasn't an accident.

Ryszard

Apr 7, 2018
So... it seems that Ninty is relying on the indies to fill the first semester, again...

I hope a standard Direct will follow this showcase in a couple of weeks...

PS: love the indies eh? But, well, you know... bring me the big stuff...

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Given Damon Baker's departure, NoE might better at showing indies now than NoA.

Last Indie Highlights wasn't bad at all.
Baker wasn't just on indies, he was general 3rd party relations.

So... it seems that Ninty is relying on the indies to fill the first semester, again...

I hope a standard Direct will follow this showcase in a couple of weeks...

PS: love the indies eh? But, well, you know... bring me the big stuff...
Indies and tons of ports/remasters tbh. Q1/2 is really stacked for the latter with NSMBU, Vesperia, FFX/X-2/XII, Dragon's Dogma, SAO, AA Trilogy, Onimusha, Blazblue CF, GG Anniversary, DOAX3, Samurai Warriors 4, tons of VN and probably a lot more we'll hear announced in the coming months.

Last edited:

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
unknown.png

It's not a Nintendo Direct. It's not even a streamed presentation. If it isn't called a Direct, it isn't a Direct. Not every promotional video Nintendo puts out is a Direct.
This has no bearing on a Direct. Stop it. You have a problem, Era. I'm worried.

Also, ScreamingMadden, the European and American indie highlight reels usually have different content, to the point where last year's American one told people to watch the European one as well.
Good job singling out words of our sentences.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Whats the money on a smash reveal at the end?
Zero. This is a European specific presentation. A Smash reveal would be saved for something more international.

Not to mention, I doubt any of dlc characters are indies.

Also not to mention that it's still too early for the next character reveal, we still haven't even seen Joker in game. Joker was intentially announced early because Nintendo wanted his reveal to be a the game awards specifically. His early announcement is the exception not the rule.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, but any chance we see Kentucky Route Zero?

bleh, quick search through the thread and it appears not.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to why this isn't labeled as a Nindies Direct. Nintendo is very intentional about their messaging, and so "Indies Highlight" wasn't an accident.

Nindies is a Nintendo of America term, this is a Nintendo of Europe presentation. They had one of these last August too, a week before a Nindies showcase.

Oct 25, 2017
If we don't see a Wargroove launch, remember that the last time NoE ran one of these, NoA followed suit with something totally non-redundant. But given that Chucklefish operates out of London, I think the prognosis is good for a Wargroove launch. Time to clear my schedule for the week.

As far as new announcements go, whatever Image & Form has to show would be a big event in my books.

May 5, 2018
Hopefully squadron 51 gets a release date. It's scheduled for q1 after all.

This...looks like an awesome shump! I love the look as it's intentionally looking like an old 50's sci-fi film but all the enemies and your plane look like props from the time period. I've been thinking about getting a shump on the Switch and yes I know Ikaruga is on there, but I might wait for Squadron 51.

Last edited:

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Should we expect new Indie announcements here or is it more a case of providing release dates & promoting already announced games?
It's always both, though usually heavily more weighted towards new announcements. Every indie showcase from NoA or NoE always dumps a whole slew of new announcements

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Last minutes of the presentation
"We have one last game we would like to talk about"
Celeste shows up! Madeline is climbing the mountain
"Nice, a Celeste DLC" everyone thinks
Madeline gets to the top and encounters.... ICE CLIMBERS
GRAPHICS GET 3D, ZOOM OUT *MADELINE JOINS THE SMASH*

(you can switch Madeline for your indie game character of choice)

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
nintendo, making indies feel like the only bitch in the room since 2017
Almost every indie Nintendo gets is on PC months earlier, and thousands of PC Indies never make it over. PS4 and Xbox also have more Indies. Nintendo gives them the spot light because they literally have nothing else to talk about. If someone really likes indie gaming they need to get a tablet PC.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. I am pretty hyped for Wargroove and a bunch of other indies though, just want to get that FE release date confirmation for Spring.

You and me both. I don't have a shortage of games to play, and I'm greatly looking forward to indies like Wargroove, but Fire Emblem fans have had their patience tried a bit with Three Houses.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This...looks like an awesome shump! I love the look as it's intentionally looking like an old 50's sci-fi film but all the enemies and your plane look like props from the time period. I've been thinking about getting a shump on the Switch and yes I know Ikaruga is on there, but I might wait for Squadron 51.
I know! This is the kind of game that just need that 2 minutes on the spotlight to blow up in popularity, yet nobody has given the attention that it deserves yet. Hopefully Nintendo does to it what Microsoft did with cuphead.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
unknown.png

It's not a Nintendo Direct. It's not even a streamed presentation. If it isn't called a Direct, it isn't a Direct. Not every promotional video Nintendo puts out is a Direct.
This has no bearing on a Direct. Stop it. You have a problem, Era. I'm worried.

Also, ScreamingMadden, the European and American indie highlight reels usually have different content, to the point where last year's American one told people to watch the European one as well.

It is a direct for me =(

...seriously some of those indie presentations were more hyped than actual mini directs =P

And not every direct is a streaming

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that this has only been posted on the European account. Does that mean anything in terms of how it will affect North American output? Will it cover games that have already released here? Or does it mean nothing at all

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that this has only been posted on the European account. Does that mean anything in terms of how it will affect North American output? Will it cover games that have already released here? Or does it mean nothing at all

it's a production made by NoE, meaning it'll likely feature primarily european games

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Means nothing at all just that it will likely focus on european developed indies.