• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah video looks fake, but I do kinda believe that Disney may announce this is hitting Disney Plus soon. Very possible they would buy the movie out of its contract with HBO.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the rumors mention that the actors contracts require Fox to release it in theatre first? And also the HBO thing of course. Really doubt they will release on D+ right away unless they can find some loopholes. It will be worse if they release on D+ for several weeks as theatrical release and then move it to HBO to fulfill the HBO-Fox deal

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Didn't the rumors mention that the actors contracts require Fox to release it in theatre first? And also the HBO thing of course. Really doubt they will release on D+ right away unless they can find some loopholes. It will be worse if they release on D+ for several weeks as theatrical release and then move it to HBO to fulfill the HBO-Fox deal

Contracts can be renegotiated. Especially in this pandemic.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Apparently there is a possible loophole for the HBO deal:

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like some bored hoaxer wanted to try and poke at the Elder God Heralding the End of Days that is the New Mutants movie?

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
I would expect some lower profile movies to keep releasing digitally, particularly those that have been delayed due to quality concerns and/or poor test screenings. It's just not worth it to release them on empty theaters.

I can only hope for highly anticipated films to go the same route but I suppose that's still far off.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Skyler is really accurate when it comes to stories so I think the leak may be real. It does contain new footage after all?

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
It's gonna hurt everyone when the USA can't make it to theaters this far (or the foreseeable future). Mainly its gonna hurt US movie fans though since the studios will figure out real quick where they can get their money. And it ain't here in America right now.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Disney so resistant to just dump New Mutants on D+ when it feels like they COULDN'T WAIT to just shunt over Artemis Fowl over there???
Artemis Fowl is their movie. New Mutants is one they inherited, with contracts drawn up by a different studio. It's possible they could find a way out of that but I'd assume that, with or without covid, the reason they've been committed to a theatrical release so far is because they had no other choice.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
why doesn't Magik have her cool black hair antenna things? this is gonna be garbage

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
This movie was never gonna make bank, it's a huge waste and in these times, just dump it on VOD or go straight to D+. Or why not do a limited time VOD early release then toss it to D+?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
This movie was never gonna make bank, it's a huge waste and in these times, just dump it on VOD or go straight to D+. Or why not do a limited time VOD early release then toss it to D+?

Besides the above multiple posts you missed, the second they put it on VOD, the existing HBO-Fox Studio contract kicks in and it is required to go to HBO. This is the case for all Fox Films until 2022.

Unless they found a legal out on the theater contract, which they may have, that's not an option Disney wants to take.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
They just delayed most of their slate but are keeping this movie for August. lmao

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

youtu.be

The New Mutants | Comic-Con@Home 2020

Writer/Director Josh Boone and the cast of Twentieth Century Studios and Marvel Entertainment’s The New Mutants, including Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, ...

full panel ^

youtu.be

The New Mutants | Comic-Con@Home 2020

Writer/Director Josh Boone and the cast of Twentieth Century Studios and Marvel Entertainment’s The New Mutants, including Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, ...
direct link to scene + spoilerish trailer

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Disney so resistant to just dump New Mutants on D+ when it feels like they COULDN'T WAIT to just shunt over Artemis Fowl over there???

All the investors who put money into it want as much money back as possible.

I thought they were annoyed how Dark Phoenix was sent out to die(not like anything could save it).

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I'm looking forward to the 25th anniversary Zoom Panel with the cast and Josh Gad. I think we'll finally get a release date.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw an ad on TV to see this in theatres Aug 28th. It's actually happening. 🙃 I'm in Canada though.

There was a bunch of ads on Hulu live TV when I was watching golf this weekend. It seems like we will finally get this released.

Apr 19, 2018
It's mindblowing to me that New Mutants of all films will have the honors to usher in the theatrical re-opening for blockbuster releases.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I think the clip they showed a month ago and the effects look rather bad, I'm still so much into this cast. Anya gonna steal the show on this one.

Anyone going out to watch it? I'm ready for September 2.