• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be checking out 'New Mutants' if it finally releases?

• I can't wait! Day-0

Votes: 48 27.0%
  • As soon as it's available to rent, or price lowers to own

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I waited 3+ years already, I can wait a little longer for it to be on Disney+/Hulu/Whatever

Votes: 52 29.2%
  • No, the movie never interested me

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I think it will never release. Something it's gonna prevent it, again!

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • This movie is a ruse, never existed

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • All in all it's just another delay in the wall

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess sending it to vod was the most sensible course of action at this point. What a ride its been

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Magik on screen?
Sold.
magick_and_anya_taylor-joy_-_split_-_getty_-_h_2017.jpg

Near zero chance it makes enough to warrant a sequel but the casting of ATJ as Magik is perfect so ill take whatever I can get Day 1.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, they should just premiere it on Twitch. Maybe it'll stand a chance of getting publicity that way.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, they should just premiere it on Twitch. Maybe it'll stand a chance of getting publicity that way.

How would they get any money back? Disney already taking a HUGE loss with everything open. Movies can't survive on PR alone, not with the hundreds of workers that need to be (and hopefully already have) paid.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How would they get any money back? Disney already taking a HUGE loss with everything open. Movies can't survive on PR alone, not with the hundreds of workers that need to be (and hopefully already have) paid.

New Mutants is a write off no matter how it comes out, so might as well make a Twitch-or-similar publicity stunt out of it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
New Mutants is a write off no matter how it comes out, so might as well make a Twitch-or-similar publicity stunt out of it.

I mean, they also have Artemis Fowl going direct to D+, and Onward, one of their big ones for the year, also went there after a badly-timed theatrical run and short VOD term.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
At least this movie won't ruin Anya Taylor-Joy's career like it did Sophie Turner.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
If this is true? This sounds like they're going to Cloverfield Lane it and get more money out of it on VOD than they would have in theaters.

This movie was going to bomb the second it came out. Now it has the online "where the fuck is this movie?" discussion, everyone is home, and enough people want to know if this is either good or if it is terrible.

They can make a damn show out of this release and get everyone online talking about. And everyone would go along with it even if the movie is bad.

It's kind of brilliant.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
If this is true? This sounds like they're going to Cloverfield Lane it and get more money out of it on VOD than they would have in theaters.

This movie was going to bomb the second it came out. Now it has the online "where the fuck is this movie?" discussion, everyone is home, and enough people want to know if this is either good or if it is terrible.

They can make a damn show out of this release and get everyone online talking about. And everyone would go along with it even if the movie is bad.

It's kind of brilliant.
I'm so fucking bored at this point I don't even care, I'll pay for it. As you said, I'm sure I'm not alone.

Assuming they end up doing the VOD path at some point.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rent this at the "premium vod" price we've been seeing for stuff like The Invisible Man and The Hunt ($20 I think? At least in Canada) just to give it a chance after all this time..

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they also have Artemis Fowl going direct to D+, and Onward, one of their big ones for the year, also went there after a badly-timed theatrical run and short VOD term.
Those are Disney movies though. This production was made by Fox before the merger, so it's basically a freebie. Disney is only on the hook for advertising and they're clearly not spending much there so far.