• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Today marks the 10th anniversary of the first Momodora game, and so rdein finally teased their next project:

I guess we're back to mainline Momodora after Minoria :D

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to seeing more of this. Momodora and Minoria recently have all been great.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of which, Minoria should be arriving on consoles pretty soon.

Rated in Taiwan this past week:
PS4 versions were also uploaded to PSN this past week:
Edit: Welp my investigations were meaningless. Console date is September 10.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Only played Momodora III for the first time last month, it was my introduction to the series. Just wanted to at least give it a try before playing Reverie Under the Moonlight, didn't expect to get very far. Ended up beating it 4 times in a row, and then a couple more the next day.

Still didn't play Reverie, but I'm already excited for this and Minoria.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
It was depressing to witness Minoria's post-release phase, the game sold poorly and rdein became increasingly and visibly depressed on Twitter. I imagine he will play it much safer for this new installment.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It was depressing to witness Minoria's post-release phase, the game sold poorly and rdein became increasingly and visibly depressed on Twitter. I imagine he will play it much safer for this new installment.
I just found out this game exists! and I'm a big fan of the original. I love indie games but it gets so overwhelming at times and I'm pretty well informed lol.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it was especially bad pre-release. that was some toxic-ass reaction, just because rdein was making a 3D game

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Is Dangen publishing Minoria on consoles? Really want to support this dev but ain't giving that publisher one cent.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Is Dangen publishing Minoria on consoles? Really want to support this dev but ain't giving that publisher one cent.
Yes.

If you look at other Dangen games (*cough* Devil Engine *cough*), they probably own the IP and it'll be a mess to ever get it back.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Reverie Under the Moonlight was pretty good! Although I found if funny that a brazilian game had such an awkward portuguese translation lol

Looking forward to the next one

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Yes.

If you look at other Dangen games (*cough* Devil Engine *cough*), they probably own the IP and it'll be a mess to ever get it back.
I was gonna say rdein probably still owns the IPs since some Momo games are available for free on his itch.io, but so is the original Cave Story... :(

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do indie devs keep signing up with Dangen when they know they're a shit company?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me that I bought the first game physically but still haven't played it. I should get on that.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do indie devs keep signing up with Dangen when they know they're a shit company?
They didn't know, Minoria, Bug Fables, Vestaria Saga, and pretty much every other game that's come out from them since all the articles were written about their behavior were signed prior to that information being public.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't know, Minoria, Bug Fables, Vestaria Saga, and pretty much every other game that's come out from them since all the articles were written about their behavior were signed prior to that information being public.

Yeah that's true.

I dunno I want to get this but is the dev getting paid or did Dangen swill them out of their work and money?

Oct 25, 2017
Reverie Under the Moonlight was pretty good! Although I found if funny that a brazilian game had such an awkward portuguese translation lol

Looking forward to the next one
That's actually good to know. I was wondering which language was the "official" one so I could use that when playing. Especially after finding Momodora III's enlgish writing surprisingly snappy. English it is!

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's true.

I dunno I want to get this but is the dev getting paid or did Dangen swill them out of their work and money?
For these games I personally decided to still buy them, in the hopes the devs do get paid. Since all this happened I think if something underhanded does happen, the devs will be quick to speak out since it's already been established Dangen had a history of this.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I was gonna say rdein probably still owns the IPs since some Momo games are available for free on his itch.io, but so is the original Cave Story... :(
Minoria is technically not the Momodora IP (which I'm sure they own and just have a publishing deal for Playism for that).
It's complicated for Cave Story and not as clear cut as you can read in some threads.

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
really excited for this. just replayed momodora 3, reverie and minoria recently and they're all so good.

Mosaica

May 22, 2019
The road to this point has been pretty harsh for poor Rdein.

I discovered the franchise with 4 gaining attention on YouTube and loved it immediately. Even played through the first 3 before diving in.

When 5 was announced though, things went downhill. Unlike the traditional side-scrolling nature of the first 4, 5 was poised to be a fully 3D game, and was revealed with some pretty early footage. I liked what I saw personally, "Momo64" seemed like a fine concept.

The swath of new fans that came with 4's popularity though proved... less accepting. The announcement was pulled, the game cancelled, and Rdein disappeared from social media for a while. Broke my heart.
Eventually they came back and Minoria was announced, but things didn't seem to pick up. A vocal dissent still criticized the direction the game was going in.

I've yet to play Minoria myself since I've been waiting for the console release, but what I've heard poor sales, vocal dissent, and a few bugs have grated on Rdein further, to the point that they've made their personal social media private and treat Minoria as a sore spot.

All in all, I'm still excited to see a new project from them and will be playing Minoria on the 10th, but am also a little anxious to see how they've handled the pressure.

I hope they just made the game they wanted to make.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know about the Minoria drama. Definitely picking this up next month now.
Reverie was pretty great.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Great news. Would be cool if Rdein tried to do the 3D project again, but probably not happening :p

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
Damn this is awesome news. I still have to play Minoria because I was waiting for the switch version but I love all the Momodora games. I'm glad to see they are still making games since they have a bit of a tumultuous time.

It would be interesting to see if they do another 3D game, I'm sure they learned a lot on the last one. I'm fine with either though.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't there a 3D Momodora game announced like years ago . . . or is this some fever dream I had?

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't there a 3D Momodora game announced like years ago . . . or is this some fever dream I had?
It was announced, some fans got upset and he got kinda depressed about it, eventually made it a spinoff, Minoria, but felt unsure about it being 3D still so he eventually settled on making it 2D.

I do hope he goes back to 3D though because the Momodora 3d prototype footage he had looked really cool