• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Pls. Capcom won't even make a new Dino Crisis and you guys are getting your hopes up for X9? The only thing 100% likely to happen is more Street Fighter V $DLC.

I know the thirst for Dino Crisis is real on this forum.

But you guys are mad if you think 3 game Dino Crisis is somehow more likely to come back in comparison to 8 game Mega Man X.
Mega Man is a flagship franchise along with Street Fighter and Resident Evil. What even is a Dino Crisis? Something Dante wouldn't even want to fill with light!

:p

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful. I actually had a dream last night that X was part of the fighter pass for smash Bros.

Jota typeZERO

Nov 3, 2017
Spain
I really, really like this. The detail of using the Ver.Ke models is so much appreciated and that's cool to me, although I have my doubts about making Axl as the center of the artwork - I'd rather have a design similar to the X Legacy Collection soundtrack. It looks really nice nevertheless. Also, Alia is best Navi.

inb4 Kitagawa composing the music for X9. I know it's (maybe not) crazy, but his style nails it at so many levels. One can dream.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
That's freaking awesome! I just finished the X Legacy Collection, so you bet I want to play an X9!

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I want Mega Man X9 more than anything. Capcom seems to understand Mega Man a lot more now than they used to looking at how great MM11 was so I'm hopeful they'll produce something more like X1-X4 than X5-X8!

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I forgot about Axl.

I want to forget about him again.

Looks rad AF tho. MMX is one of my alltime favorite series and I would be glad to see it again.

OP
OP
Carpathia

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
I really, really like this. The detail of using the Ver.Ke models is so much appreciated and that's cool to me, although I have my doubts about making Axl as the center of the artwork -

I think it makes sense, his design is new and revealed for the first time, makes sense to have him at the front I think.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AXL being front and center is bad, but the prospect of a future new entry in the X series has me salivating like a fucking dog!

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if Mega Man 11 was successful? It seemed like it sorta came and went, but I don't know.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I will pay infinite money for Megaman X9 and/or Command Mission 2.
For the love of God, Capcom...please.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I don't get why people are so down on Axl. He's a pretty alright guy.

Had he debutted in better games I'm sure he'd be as beloved as fan favorites Lifesaver and Signas.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You know, my recent story with Mega Man is weird. I didn't buy Mega Man 11 yet the first chance I had I got the Collection, and I am sleeping for a while the X Collection but a new X game would be so hype for me.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit those designs are sick!! Please be the designs they'll use in X9! Plus release Zero and Axl figures with these redesigns to go alongside the X one. Unless... they already have them? (I've only ever seen artwork of the X redesign)

RetroCCN

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, those supporting characters. If there is an X9, I hope it isn't bogged down by unskippable dialogue.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Megaman Zero is officially non-canon now?

I was suspecting that since X6, but it's weird that while a series is stretched, the other one is contradicting itself while the time passes by.
"Officially", it's a split timeline. The X1 through X6 - Zero - ZX - Legends timeline branch does more to pretend that the post X6 games aren't a thing. Meanwhile, X7 and X8 keep the X series moving on a separate path that would be harder to reconcile with Zero and later (and only more so, if CM is at all a factor to consider).

Bottomline is, I'd fully expect for a renewal of the X series to keep things moving in a way that wouldn't box them in with expectations of leading up to the Elf Wars and the like. Claiming an alternate timeline would just give them an easy out and let them build up a story as they wish.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Oh Capcom don't toy with my heart. I need a new X game so bad.

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017
That looks really cool!
Still if Capcom ever makes X9 (please, please do it) I would prefer if they use the style from the new X Collection artwork.
357e6f286595bc386d0f203fac94aabea3dafa90.jpg

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I would LOVE a MMX9 or Command Mission 2! Command Mission on PS2 is awesome :D

Here's all of Keisuke Mizuno's art in the "Ver.Ke" style so far (scans courtesy of me)

Rockman X Ver.Ke

ZxsCaVQ.jpg

Rockman X Ver.Ke Schematic (Variant Color)

CWTPiHU.jpg

Rockman X-Boost

tlkkBYD.jpg

Rockman X-Boost Schematic

Fp28YFz.png
4zZwjjM.png

Rockman X-Kai

aWqHmf5.jpg

Rockman Ver.Ke & Ride Chaser

2fBlZGk.jpg

Zero Ver.Ke (Design From Marvel vs Capcom Infinite)

tATc4Zh.jpg
y8USWm5.jpg

Rockman X 25th Anniversary Key Art

Kll0tHg.jpg

Will be curious to see where the X series goes from here and if any of the story beats above get incorporated :)

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I would LOVE a MMX9 or Command Mission 2! Command Mission on PS2 is awesome :D

Here's all of Keisuke Mizuno's art in the "Ver.Ke" style so far (scans courtesy of me)

Rockman X Ver.Ke

ZxsCaVQ.jpg

Rockman X Ver.Ke Schematic (Variant Color)

CWTPiHU.jpg

Rockman X-Boost

tlkkBYD.jpg

Rockman X-Boost Schematic

Fp28YFz.png
4zZwjjM.png

Rockman X-Kai

aWqHmf5.jpg

Rockman Ver.Ke & Ride Chaser

2fBlZGk.jpg

Zero Ver.Ke (Design From Marvel vs Capcom Infinite)

tATc4Zh.jpg
y8USWm5.jpg

Rockman X 25th Anniversary Key Art

Kll0tHg.jpg

Will be curious to see where the X series goes from here and if any of the story beats above get incorporated :)

This post reported for no high res version of these beautiful scans

Why you gotta do this :(((((

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Megaman really coming back, huh? If we do get an X9 then I seriously hope Battle Network/Starforce gets some kind of reboot

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why the fuck is axel front and center on a megaman poster? Stop trying to make that a thing capcom.