• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Some new released screenshots. Game releases in September

m5HY0pe.jpg

Qs7D4rX.jpg

V6EIEbS.jpg

myaMtMm.jpg

J2KLIC3.jpg

QQMuJsP.jpg

c8AZXsP.jpg

fLMmvBM.jpg

PiQXovL.jpg

FSJdMTW.jpg

nDt3TuL.jpg

ofyjBmd.jpg

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
I was a big fan of the original games. I don't know anything about the gameplay but the design of this is just boring in almost every way. They should at least add more alien looking environments.

OP
OP
PanzerKraken

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I was a big fan of the original games. I don't know anything about the gameplay but the design of this is just boring in almost every way. They should at least add more alien looking environments.

The universe doesn't have much very exotic locations, most exotic stuff is usually the stuff like moons and martian like landscapes.

OP
OP
PanzerKraken

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I missed out on the other preorder they did but after this is out I doubt I will touch much of MWO either way so guess its no biggie

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Looks great but I feels like MW5 has been in development for ages! Need some mech goodness.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mmmmm, yes this is looking good. So hyped for this! Can't wait to play with friends.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I still have zero faith on this. Or, more exactly, zero faith on Piranha.

I would be *extremely* happy to eat crow if MW5 becomes somewhat decent, but I just can't see that happening :(

If you want to get into the tabletop, there is also a Kickstarter running right now with lot of cool stuff:

Ohhhh, I had no idea this was a thing. I'll need to check the pledges and addons, but I will surelly get some stuff. I will probably never play it, but I need to paint those sexy 'Mech miniatures.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Theres something i dont like about these modern mech designs. No matter, tho! I loved mwo, battletech is amazing, and i bet this will be awesome, too.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Are there tanks, other vehicles and aircraft as well as ground troops in the game as opponents (and allies) or is it just Mechs?

What about city based combat?

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
Man... I have such high hopes, and such low expectations.

I didn't preorder because all the stuff was for Mechwarrior online.
Still, I have near infinite faith that modders will fix this. I wish MekTek was still around.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
Wow this looks pretty incredible. I didn't even know it had progressed this far. What graphics engine are they using?

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
The scale seems off or I just imagined them being much bigger. Some of that grass lets the mechs look tiny.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
Are there tanks, other vehicles and aircraft as well as ground troops in the game as opponents (and allies) or is it just Mechs?

What about city based combat?

Judging from the youtube footage I just searched for, there are helicopters, tanks, airplanes, and other types of vehicles in addition to regular robots.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I find particularly exciting, is PGI has a ton of mech assets already made for MWO. This will probably be the mechwarrior game with the biggest roster (though perhaps not initially).

I haven't heard anything about clan mechs, but they have been absent from everything I have seen: so guessing pre-invasion setting?

DLC set during the clan invasion could be very fun considering how greatly IS and Clan mechs differ in MWO.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had no idea this was happening! I played the everliving hell out of MW2 Mercenaries back in the day.

Oct 27, 2017
I very much look forward to it but I'm still really sceptical since we've seen nothing of the metagame outside the cockpit yet and we still can't really tell how much mission variety there will be.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot this was coming in September! My wallet is going to get the shit kicked out of it that month lol

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris