• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I always said Synch was Cyclops in training.

FXLluXvUEAAR7EV.jpg

Firestar
iceman
cyclops
Havok
Forge
Synch
Magik
jean grey

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually a little surprised I can't think of any Western superhero inspirations in One Piece. There's inspiration from actors (Eminem for Enel, Jim Carry Ace Ventura for Franky) and old cartoons (Popeye for Franky), but that's about it unless I'm forgetting some.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What is Firestar's deal? She's not in a Gala outfit and looks like she doesn't want to be there.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over Gala Cyke looking like a Jedi lol

Cyke and Havok on the same team is good stuff too.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love how Illyana and Cyclops's relationship has solidified over the last ten years. After Schism she's become his go-to deputy.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
They could have at least ripped off a better OP design.

Oct 8, 2019
What is Firestar's deal? She's not in a Gala outfit and looks like she doesn't want to be there.

She got trained by Emma Frost who murdered her horse Butter Rum so Firestar would think her powers were out of control. Eventually Firestar rebelled against the abuse but was never really into the X-men, having Appeared in Amazing X-men where she befriended Iceman.

Screenshot-2022-07-12-190746.jpg

Screenshot-2022-07-12-190852.jpg

Firestar hasnt become a citizen of Krakoa, and only came to the Hellfire gala because Iceman invited her, and then Emma Frost nominated her because Captain America told her about when he first met Rogue he wanted to recruit her for the Avengers because if he didnt he would be fighting her for the rest of her life.

Firestar got enough votes to be added to the team but Tony Stark asked her to spy on the X-men.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
She got trained by Emma Frost who murdered her horse Butter Rum so Firestar would think her powers were out of control. Eventually Firestar rebelled against the abuse but was never really into the X-men, having Appeared in Amazing X-men where she befriended Iceman.

Firestar hasnt become a citizen of Krakoa, and only came to the Hellfire gala because Iceman invited her, and then Emma Frost nominated her because Captain America told her about when he first met Rogue he wanted to recruit her for the Avengers because if he didnt he would be fighting her for the rest of her life.

Firestar got enough votes to be added to the team but Tony Stark asked her to spy on the X-men.
Yooo, I had no clue she'd had such a rough time of it. Pretty bad spot to be in currently too. Geez.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
This is great team comp storytelling-wise, terrible team comp power-wise, and a walking disaster personality-wise

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Somebody fill me in. I dropped American comics almost 20 years ago. I keep up mostly by some summary posts here or random YT videos, but when I was all in, I had a deep love for X-Men. So why is it after all this time, I'm looking at the same musical chair of faces between Generation X, X-Men, and New Mutants? Why am I not looking at completely aged-up and dramatically new people? I get that people buy what's familiar and boomers like me are too often catered to, but where's the, "Who's that guy?" factor??
The last time I was actually intrigued enough to buy an X-book was during the Brubaker run introducing Vulcan.

When I see covers/teams like this I keep thinking that this is the same old stuff. Biggest shock was seeing havoc and cyclops on the same team. Don't people *want* to see completely new characters mixed with dramatically changed old characters (old man Logan for example although I'm in NO way suggesting more Wolverine)? Seeing this 'New' lineup is so bizarre.
The X-Men lineup changes yearly. It's literally just a mix of popular characters (including one slot that is fan voted) and whoever the the writer wants to tell stories about.

If you want new, or infrequently used old, faces you read other mutant books.

Onyxxx

Jun 21, 2022
FXLluXvUEAAR7EV.jpg

Scott,
Jean
Alex
Bobby
Magik?
Firestar?
Forge?
Who's the black character?

I haven't followed comics in a bit, what books/what team are
Storm, Rogue, and Psylocke on?
THX

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm actually a little surprised I can't think of any Western superhero inspirations in One Piece. There's inspiration from actors (Eminem for Enel, Jim Carry Ace Ventura for Franky) and old cartoons (Popeye for Franky), but that's about it unless I'm forgetting some.

This is tangential, but in the mobile game Marvel Future Fight, Mr. Fantastic's moveset might as well be a luffy clone.

Wasn't that Magik look revealed some time ago in the hellfire gala covers or something? I remember that weird veil thing.

Oh and Firestar was fan voted in? Did they include Iceman because Firestar was voted in, or did fans vote Firestar because Iceman was already in?

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Popeye is a superhero. And he started as a comic strip character.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
No seriously this Magik costume is absolute ass and it's dumb that they're trying to make it a thing. It looks like she's trying to cosplay as a sexy Blackheart.