• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
WHo is doing this?

I worry they might take it too seriously

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Script for this is already online and has been for a good year or so. It's absolutely garbage. But there was one moment in it that I enjoyed...

The theme tune to the original film DOES feature in a specific moment/gag

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Joe Taslim as Sub Zero and Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion are the two reasons I have some faith, or at least know I'll be entertained. They're fucking great.

REALLY want a damn trailer, though.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I am quietly confident this will be quite good.

And I wouldn't read into the fact that we haven't seen a trailer yet, we haven't seen anything from the likes of Little Things either. I imagine that we'll get a trailer in January.

Script for this is already online and has been for a good year or so. It's absolutely garbage. But there was one moment in it that I enjoyed...

Are you sure? I know that a previous draft had been circling for a while.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017

The theme tune to the original film DOES feature in a specific moment/gag
That's a shame, I had hope for this one.

Oh well.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sure I'll give it a watch but my expectations are really low. Cole Turner is still a thing, and I vaguely recall that Johnny Cage won't even be in this, like what

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Are you sure? I know that a previous draft had been circling for a while.

Yeah, very sure. It's the one where...

The main character is a brand new character, a boxer. And Sub-Zero shows up early in the movie, kicking the whole thing off with an attack in suburbia.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, very sure. It's the one where...

The main character is a brand new character, a boxer. And Sub-Zero shows up early in the movie, kicking the whole thing off with an attack in suburbia.

Fair enough. I was under the impression the....

white, Rocky esque boxer was no longer the protag...

-- in this film but if you're sure then I'll take your word for it.

I think if anyone can pull this together it's going to be Wan.

As always, we shall see.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Man playing through MK11 a movie could really be fun if they just played with the Mortal Kombat rules.

I love the CG trailer for MK11, where fights are brutal and deadly, but arent over until they performed a Fatality. Could give some really interesting mechanics to a films world, but I doubt theyll go that route.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
The cast was actually a nice surprise for me. Hiroyuki Sanada, Lewis Tan, Chin Han and Ludi Lin are all pretty good (with Sanada being a legend).

(Michael Clarke Duncan as Balrog was a good casting choice too but we know how that went, so of course I'm still a bit wary of this)

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
This WB rollout is great for consumers, but they're not gonna have any viable franchises once it's over.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Fair enough. I was under the impression the....

white, Rocky esque boxer was no longer the protag...

-- in this film but if you're sure then I'll take your word for it.

I think if anyone can pull this together it's going to be Wan.

As always, we shall see.

I believe he was rewritten once they cast a different actor than what the script itself might have described, and maybe got a name change too. The writer of this new movie did debunk some shit that leaked but not everything, and some of it could have honestly been changed through rewrites.

The biggest issue I had with it, other than some of the relationships between MK characters, was that it just seemed like a special forces movie with lots of action and very little actual Kombat.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
do you have an ideia where to find it?

Afraid not. I had a situation where I saw it in a screenwriting thread on Reddit and within the same day of grabbing it "Just in case", and promptly got rid after reading it. I know there are such things as very polished fakes but a friend of mine that I trust verified the MK one for me as legit.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
cool (re: hbo max) perfect type of movie i want to watch but not particularly "pay" for

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
This WB rollout is great for consumers, but they're not gonna have any viable franchises once it's over.

If Netflix can claim Zack Snyder's Army Of The Dead is a franchise before we've even seen a trailer everything is on the table here.

Someone had mentioned that the producers are already talking about how they can potentially expand the franchise with spin-offs and TV series etc, etc. And while that might signal some confidence on their part it's worth remembering that in this streaming day & age everyone does that for everything regardless.

I think if this thing gets any traction, bearing in mind that it's still a popular property, WB will want to do something with it even if it's more animated projects.

I believe he was rewritten once they cast a different actor than what the script itself might have described, and maybe got a name change too. The writer of this new movie did debunk some shit that leaked but not everything, and some of it could have honestly been changed through rewrites.

The biggest issue I had with it, other than some of the relationships between MK characters, was that it just seemed like a special forces movie with lots of action and very little actual Kombat.

This is the sort of thing I hoped Wan worked on when he came onboard. Again, we have to wait and see but this seems exactly the sort of thing he can do in his sleep.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
God damn, that logo is straight trash.

I'm going to see this either way so I hope it's either really good or really, REALLY bad.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped to see the fatalities which they said they were pulling from the games and also the sub zero casting is so good and ensures we may at least get one good fight

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Still no trailer is an absolute redflag.
Also, the leaked script was absolute trash. The writer pride himself as a GAMER™ and what he wrote reads like weird fan-fiction focusing on his favorite characters lol

kowhite

May 14, 2019
hope it's fun.

I mean, I like Mortal Kombat 1995 but let's not pretend that's a "good" movie in the normal sense. So hopefully it's good in a way like that. Now Mortal Kombat Annhilation now that's a garbage movie.