• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 5, 2018
shame if true. I really wanted the cutscenes and bosses to be in the game final mix style

You are essentially getting both.

Ver. 1.07 is updating the main story of the base game with new abilities, keyblades and story content. We dont know the story content but the least we can assume is cutscenes. There may be additional story events or battles in the actual base game.

ReMind is post game for a reason if you know what happens at the end. There is a huge portion of context missing at the end of the game that involves time travel.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL

Ver. 1.07 is updating the main story of the base game with new abilities, keyblades and story content. We dont know the story content but the least we can assume is cutscenes. There may be additional story events or battles in the actual base game.

ReMind is post game for a reason if you know what happens at the end. There is a huge portion of context missing at the end of the game that involves time travel.
indeed, What remains to be seen is the scala ad caelum additions + any surprise additions to other worlds. And the data dungeon

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

Wait, new abilities? Do we know what those are?

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
We're getting closer! I finally did my pre-order.

If Xion is indeed available to rematch, please let her battle be a HD version of her semi-final and final battle from 358/2 Days!
I hope she goes through all the phases she has in that last fight against her. I imagine it will just be regular Xion, but it would be super cool if it wasn't.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I feel like at least one of Xion's final boss forms isn't entirely off the table. A lot of the fights so far seem to give the bosses moves from across the series. Hell, give her some of Sora's attacks while they're at it. Her third (or was it second?) form from Days already had Ragnarok.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Wait, so I've done everything in the base game except for Ultima weapon (which I am working on now) and Inferno (which I may or may not do after I get Ultima) . I was waiting for the dlc to do new game+ with final mix. Considering this new patch and DLC, what would you do if you were me?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so I've done everything in the base game except for Ultima weapon (which I am working on now) and Inferno (which I may or may not do after I get Ultima) . I was waiting for the dlc to do new game+ with final mix. Considering this new patch and DLC, what would you do if you were me?
Wait the DLC at this point.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
They've kept things strictly to New Org. members so far for data fights. I don't see why they'd suddenly deviate there.

With the other bosses, they look like they're just adding in some new moves to the existing battle set for the bosses. Xion is like 1/3rd of a boss fight so they'd almost have to build her from scratch. Meanwhile they have a full Anti-Aqua boss fight ready to go. It's just a gut feeling that I've had since like December, that's all.

where did you get this?
PlayStation Store.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
With the other bosses, they look like they're just adding in some new moves to the existing battle set for the bosses. Xion is like 1/3rd of a boss fight so they'd almost have to build her from scratch. Meanwhile they have a full Anti-Aqua boss fight ready to go. That's all.
That'd be a massive cop out considering Anti-Aqua is already a nerfed version of a previous superboss.

And we've already seen completely new fights in whatever the hell was going on in the last trailer for the Remind scenario. I don't think a mostly original Data fight is too far out there. Hell, the other 12 having a solid foundation probably gave them more time to flesh out Xion, if anything.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
That'd be a massive cop out considering Anti-Aqua is already a nerfed version of a previous superboss.

And we've already seen completely new fights in whatever the hell was going on in the last trailer for the Remind scenario. I don't think a mostly original Data fight is too far out there. Hell, the other 12 having a solid foundation probably gave them more time to flesh out Xion, if anything.
I absolutely agree that it'd be a cop out, but something like them making Xion's final boss from days is something I wouldn't expect, if they use Xion (would have been a cool tease to see in the trailer though.)

Something outlandish I am hoping for is a Demyx fight aha. I have a theory that the only way Kairi fights master Xehanort while the thirteen keys are still around is because Riku strikes him down when he comes to the Keyblade Graveyard 😂 👀

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in other thread but I didn't get any answer, probably because most people don't know but anyway, here's something that has been bothering:

I just bought the DLC for KH III but I'm worried now. My Kingdom Hearts III was bought from the US store and the DLC from the Brazil store. Wii it work?

My Final Fantasy XV is from the Brazil store but I bought the episodes from the US one and it worked. But I read in the internet that the DLCs are region locked and stuff. Is this true? Maybe they are just region locked if the game's region is different from the DLC, what I mean for this is for exemple, if my game is from an European account but the DLC from a US account for example.

If anyone knows the answer for this I'd be happy.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I posted this in other thread but I didn't get any answer, probably because most people don't know but anyway, here's something that has been bothering:

We won't know until it's out. There are some very arbitrary compatibility issues between US and BR PSN accounts when it comes to DLC. It could go either way.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We won't know until it's out. There are some very arbitrary compatibility issues between US and BR PSN accounts when it comes to DLC. It could go either way.

I guess I just flipped the coin then lol

I think that if the DLC successfully installs after the pre-load is done then I'm good.

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017

Finish getting the Ultima keyblade since it transfers in NG+. You might as well fight Inferno afterwards too if you've done everything else.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm in the same situation as you, US KH3 and BR ReMind.

I've been doing this for some time, since buying on the Brazilian store is cheaper now... I didn't have any problems so far.

My FF15 is from US store and some of the DLC are from the BR store, they work perfectly.

I don't think we'll have problems with KH, but now you got me a little worried lol.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
What do KH2 fans want to see changed about future KH games compared to base KH3?
I honestly really liked KH3 and think it gets criticism because people see KH2's story with nostalgia and are kinda blinded by it. But... there are a lot of changes to be made, hoping KH4 is a soft reboot kinda like God of War, not in the sense of a complete gameplay change but rather, just take a step back and simply have a slightly more mature tone, if they want to keep using Sora, he can't keep behaving like a 12 year old child, especially after the end of KH3. My changes:
  • Keyblade transformations make Sora feel more powerful, which was kinda the point since he is now a keyblade master, but if that was the case, then maybe give us more enemies or tougher enemies in general.
  • Relying on hardest difficulty just to have something even close to a challenge is super weak tbh.
  • I think Ultima Weapon is perfect as is, and upgrading keyblades makes them all meaningful in different ways so I think that should stay.
  • I don't have a problem with how floaty the combat and the game are, but perhaps the player controller shouldn't be able to use Flow Motion while fighting, it's obnoxious and is only cool the first two times you use it.
Those are my 2 cents. Because I think it's impossible to fix the story as long as Nomura has so much control over the script, I love the man, but god his writing is awful

Dec 25, 2018
Honestly New Zealand is so lucky that they get ReMind first. It's an 18 hour time difference from here on East coast America.

18 hours of major tease basically.

To put it into perspective, it would be playable at 6AM on Wednesday EST.

I definitely will be watching streams, but probably just the data battles. I am guessing you need to beat all 13 fights to unlock the secret episode or do other things as well.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I could do it if no one else has claimed it. Though I don't have any photoshop powers to make it pretty
You could team up with someone who has photoshop. You'd both just have to remember that it's written out as "Re Mind" on both the English and Japanese websites (one word or even Re:Mind makes sense and follows from previous conventions so I have no idea why they changed it up this time. Not even Re·Mind -_-)

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
When I posted the 8.36gb screenshot earlier, that was the only part of the PSN that had a size listing up. Since then, this page has now also been updated (which makes sense since downloads are 4 days away)

EOYOKwyVAAA7QEh

Edit: up on US PSN too

EOYPU7_U0AA_4FV

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably going to grind for ultimate weapon, replay the story when the patch releases, and then pick up Re:Mind.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
You could team up with someone who has photoshop. You'd both just have to remember that it's written out as "Re Mind" on both the English and Japanese websites (one word or even Re:Mind makes sense and follows from previous conventions so I have no idea why they changed it up this time. Not even Re·Mind -_-)

Sure! Any kind soul who'd like to help me make some cool looking titles for each section can PM me

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same situation as you, US KH3 and BR ReMind.

I've been doing this for some time, since buying on the Brazilian store is cheaper now... I didn't have any problems so far.

My FF15 is from US store and some of the DLC are from the BR store, they work perfectly.

I don't think we'll have problems with KH, but now you got me a little worried lol.

I'm sorry. I think we will be fine. The truth is that KH III from the Brazilian store is simply the US version (the same with the disc version) so there won't be any incompatibility I feel.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Got the Plat when it came out. Fucking love this game. So excited for the DLC. Nomura has never let me down.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Starting to wish I ended up doing a Critical playthrough now, but in truth I just wasn't bothered going through the whole game again and never had the time for it anyway.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
has SE already stated how this DLC works? Is it available via an option from the main menu or is it fully implemented into the game?

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in pirates world and kinda just wanna finish this game I find the cutscenes really boring and yawn inducing. They got these amazing graphics and character models but I really couldn't care less what is going on in any of them. They get in the way of the gameplay (which is decent) and they are not even interesting or captivating in any way. Whenever new cutscene happens i really dunno wtf it is about. Is it just me or is the story really hard to follow and boring? Like I'm in the Pirates world and I don't actually know what I'm supposed to be doing here or why lol? I've been given a ship been told to go to a certain island for....reasons? Just seems like a load of nonsense and gibberish. I don't care for the story at all as it just sucks so so bad.

It probably doesn't help that I'm not a fan of this particular world or the movies but it's easily by far the worst one in terms of cutscenes and story but the others weren't great either. I played the other two games but I'm not gonna play all the spinoffs just to understand the story when it's never even that good or care for anyway.

There's these weird people that keep appearing in every world too called Organization 13 or something that just slow down the pace of everything. I really dunno why they just say a few words and disappear as if I'm supposed to care. Fuck me the story and characters are so so bad.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in pirates world and kinda just wanna finish this game I find the cutscenes really boring and yawn inducing. They got these amazing graphics and character models but I really couldn't care less what is going on in any of them. They get in the way of the gameplay (which is decent) and they are not even interesting or captivating in any way. Whenever new cutscene happens i really dunno wtf it is about. Is it just me or is the story really hard to follow and boring? Like I'm in the Pirates world and I don't actually know what I'm supposed to be doing here or why lol? I've been given a ship been told to go to a certain island for....reasons? Just seems like a load of nonsense and gibberish. I don't care for the story at all as it just sucks so so bad.

It probably doesn't help that I'm not a fan of this particular world or the movies but it's easily by far the worst one in terms of cutscenes and story but the others weren't great either. I played the other two games but I'm not gonna play all the spinoffs just to u sweat and the story when it's never that good or care for anyway.

There's these weird people that keep appearing in every world too called Organization 13 or something that just slow down the pace of everything. I really dunno why they just say a few words and disappear as if I'm supposed to care. Fuck me the story is so bad.

I assume you didn't play the previous games?