• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm just sort of worried about all of the new bosses being accessible from the Re:Mind menu thing.

It's something that would be great as an option, but if that's the only way, it kind of gives me less reasons to play through the base game.

It's a very silly thing to worry about, though, I definitely understand that, but I like looking forward to doing the data battles and Lingering Will as I make my way through the game, it gives me a good objective to work torwards. If I know it's not in any way required to beat the campaign again to have that experience, that they're not even connected, it bugs me a little.
I can't imagine the data fights aren't scaled to at least endgame levels, so it's probably going to be in the best interest to have a clear save just to stand a chance.

I get what you mean, though. KH postgames (at least the good ones) are one of the main reasons I play the seriesb so getting access to content of the kind right off the bat would be weird. Like, would legitimately buy a KH game that was nothing but KH1FM Xemnas/Lingering Will/Zodiac Aqua tier boss fights.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine the data fights aren't scaled to at least endgame levels, so it's probably going to be in the best interest to have a clear save just to stand a chance.

I get what you mean, though. KH postgames (at least the good ones) are one of the main reasons I play the seriesb so getting access to content of the kind right off the bat would be weird. Like, would legitimately buy a KH game that was nothing but KH1FM Xemnas/Lingering Will/Zodiac Aqua tier boss fights.
Oh yeah, I also think they'll be balanced around endgame characters. But if I can select Re:Mind -> New Game -> Load my 100% base game save and do it all over again... it's kind of hard to find motivation to go through the main story and its questionable pacing and boring heartless bosses, you know?

Which is why I said it's a silly complaint to have, because by all means I should be glad I won't have to go through questionable pacing to get to the good shit. But I guess it just feels like tradition, I don't know.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Where is there any indication that the bonus content are accessed through a menu as opposed to being placed in the game - like in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
If I had to make a guess off of the information provided.

Remind is the Station of Waking stuff: Dark Inferno, Tornado of Aquas

The story patch is Xigbar, Luxord and Demyx

The Secret Scenario is the Yozora, FF, Riku, Aqua stuff

Feb 5, 2018
Ok, has there been any word on what the free story updates are?
Nada. My assumption is that there will be 30 mins to an hour of additional cutscenes throughout the whole game, maybe more. Things may be rewritten to fit more fights ala Sora vs Roxas in KH2. Things like fighting more organization members throughout the game or adding more Riku/Aqua segments (they should expand RoD or possibly give us the ability to play Riku in Hallow Bastion but I doubt). Xion returning or Roxas returning may be elaborated more here before ReMind.

We'll see, but I think the free update will be substantial.

Definitely going to be a slew of new content

If I had to make a guess off of the information provided.

Remind is the Station of Waking stuff: Dark Inferno, Tornado of Aquas

The story patch is Xigbar, Luxord and Demyx

The Secret Scenario is the Yozora, FF, Riku, Aqua stuff
Re:Mind is more than that, all of the Keyblade Graveyard fights occur again without Sora being the central focus. He is doing other things while everyone else fights the org. It seems we play all of it, possibly even Lingering Will vs. Terranort.

The Xigbar/Luxord scene was actually confirmed to be a part of Re:Mind by Nomura over the summer. The conversation is WAY too spoilery to be an additional scene in the beginning of the game, as it enitirely insinuates Xigbar is not who you think he is. That is supposed to be a plot twist.

I agree with your last point.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
30 dollars is a big price. Hoping the DLC's content mirrors that price! From what we've seen it's in the right direction.

This is KH3 Final Mix with a new name.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I was hoping it'd be $20... might wait and see if it goes on sale eventually. I mean I love some FF inclusion but I've already waited almost a year anyway lol.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't finished my KH III play through so I'm down for this...do we know it you have to reboot your play through or does the content just pop up on the map?

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
By the time I get to kh3 , this dlc will likely be 50% off

😂

Still playing kh2 fm and still got recoded, bbs, 3D , 0.2 bbs and the 2.8 movie

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
$30 after a year for this much content is hard to get upset about. I really don't see this being a 45-minute soujourn.

Like, yes, Blood and Wine broke the mold as far as DLC expansion pricing goes, but not everything can be Blood and Wine.

Feb 5, 2018

not sure about dark inferno, but I don't think Sephiroth is getting a fight. I see Yozora as a battle.

Lmao Dark Inferno is not a secret boss. There are additional bosses on top of these 14 in the actual Re:Mind episode. It was clear Dark Inferno was part of that scenario.

Re:Mind could have 20 bossfights but it wouldn't be mentioned here, thats a story spoiler. The free story update could add new bosses, like say, Sephiroth, but that would spoil the fun.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Just preordered earlier than I probably would have otherwise just cuz the theme plays Dearly Beloved.

Also, KH2 rendition of Dearly Beloved is still the best in the series lol

danielvdell

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
(Seemingly) no Cloud or Sephiroth is a disappointment, but I'm still super stoked for the Final Fantasy content we are getting on top of everything else.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda confusing actually lol

There are new additions to the main story, right? Like new cutscenes and stuff. To experience those we will have start a New game right?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It may be because of the lighting in this zone or something, but the graphics look considerably better in that dark world...

KH3_DLC_Screenshot_20_Legal.jpg

KH3_DLC_Screenshot_21_Legal.jpg

Like, Yozora looks straight out of FF XV graphics. Also the details on sora's clothes are more realistic...I'm not sure what is going on here.

This is the closest image I can find of a Sora closeup.
12.jpg

It can also be pre-rendered.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It may be because of the lighting in this zone or something, but the graphics look considerably better in that dark world...

KH3_DLC_Screenshot_20_Legal.jpg

KH3_DLC_Screenshot_21_Legal.jpg

Like, Yozora looks straight out of FF XV graphics. Also the details on sora's clothes are more realistic...I'm not sure what is going on here.

This is the closest image I can find of a Sora closeup.
12.jpg

It can also be pre-rendered.
Could be a stylistic choice. As someone noted earlier, the promotional render Sora has for Remind has a slightly more realistic slant to it evocative of the secret movie.