• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

*Decided on using the JP title just because it's the JP trailer. It's called MegaMix in the west. :P

Funny story, I was in the Media Create thread and saw photos at JP shelves and among them an ad for the game and wondered "huh, we haven't heard a whole lot about this game honestly), low and behold I pop into Gematsu and see this. :P

Looks really great, super excited for this! :D

PockyWitch

Oct 27, 2017
It's looks really good, excited for it. Good new songs too and the t-shirt feature looks super cute! Kinda wanna get the 10th anniversary version but that's a lotta money T_T

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
To expand on this, in case anyone is curious, 39 is a shorthand text for "thank you" (more popular back when everyone had flip phones) because 3 in Japanese is san and 9 is kyuu: sankyuu=thank you (no th sound in Japanese).
Edit: And another pun which is the real reason, pointed out one post down. lol Other readings of the numbers make 39 "miku."
Kinda wanna get the 10th anniversary version but that's a lotta money T_T
Yeah... I'd honestly probably get it if I could get a digital copy of the game and those CDs. I want rhythm games digitally for sure.

Last edited:

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
To expand on this, in case anyone is curious, 39 is a shorthand text for "thank you" (more popular back when everyone had flip phones) because 3 in Japanese is san and 9 is kyuu: sankyuu=thank you (no th sound in Japanese).

Yeah... I'd honestly probably get it if I could get a digital copy of the game and those CDs. I want rhythm games digitally for sure.

39 is also a miku name pun.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Is there an NA release date? Or how do you go about getting it from the Japanese Eshop from an NA switch? I bought future tone from Japan's psn shop when it came out since you don't really need to know Japanese to enjoy it, dunno if the switch has the same capability.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Can't say I'm too excited for this. It's using the Arcade gameplay which just isn't fun to play and we've already seen a good majority of these songs through the series' lifespan.

Of course I'll still buy it because I'm a sucker for Project Diva but I'm hoping after this Sega can go back to making a new entry in the series (and please be better then X...)

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Can't say I'm too excited for this. It's using the Arcade gameplay which just isn't fun to play and we've already seen a good majority of these songs through the series' lifespan.

I actually wasn't a huge fan of the arcade gameplay myself, either, until I got to play the game on an actual cabinet. I haven't touched my PS4 copy of Future Tone since.

It's not even funny just how much better the notecharts feel on an actual cabinet.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I actually wasn't a huge fan of the arcade gameplay myself, either, until I got to play the game on an actual cabinet. I haven't touched my PS4 copy of Future Tone since.

It's not even funny just how much better the notecharts feel on an actual cabinet.
Yeah, I've heard it's great fun on the actual arcade cabinets but it doesn't translate well to the controllers unfortunately.

Maybe I'll try picking up one of the arcade controllers for this and see how it plays then.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Ordered the 10th Anniversary version a while back. Hope there's an option to change the icons from letters to arrows - took me years to memorise the PlayStation icons. I've got the Divaller controller arriving soon and that also works with the Switch so I'll probably use that.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
Is there an NA release date? Or how do you go about getting it from the Japanese Eshop from an NA switch? I bought future tone from Japan's psn shop when it came out since you don't really need to know Japanese to enjoy it, dunno if the switch has the same capability.
It was confirmed to release this year I think.
And yes, you can just use a Japanese account to buy the game off of eShop on a NA Switch. (Or bought a physical copy, both way works.)

Hope there's an option to change the icons from letters to arrows
It is an option you can change.

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to this - it's awesome that soon I'll be able to have Taiko no Tatsujin, Groove Coaster AND Project Diva all on my Switch!