• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
since PA will take forever because of dumbfucks who would otherwise greatly benefit from the new market, at least I can drive 15 minutes soon to get something... and a $5 bridge toll

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Hopefully Cuomo fixes the current NY marijuana 'decriminalization' and follows through with recreational. Cops are still arresting POC's all the time for 'marijuana smoke' + trumped up charges to meet their quota.

www.nydailynews.com

Marijuana enforcement is still driving racist policing

Every incident I witness of unnecessary violence against black people across the country at the hands of law enforcement gets more sickening. Recent headlines, including data showing that 87% of so…

Sadly I see this happening quickly not to right a historic wrong, but just for him to get out of the media cycle for his current scandal.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I wanna say f you to my state of CT dragging their damn feet on this.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Cuomo, but at least it's better than Florida. My cousins were laughing at Jersey getting it's act together before New York.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are they going to keep the business in Minority hands? The other states with their very limited licensing laws basically transferred the business to white people.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere in this does this say that people currently incarcerated due to possession offenses are going to immediately be freed, until that is part of this, the whole thing can fuck off IMO

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
How are they going to keep the business in Minority hands? The other states with their very limited licensing laws basically transferred the business to white people.
Yep, on of the sadder things about this legalization push. Jail black and brown people for decades, and essentially make them unemployable. Then say, "My bad" about the whole thing and enrich folks with business interest.

This is what we mean about systemic racism as well. It's right there, easy to see, but you have idiots like Ben Shapiro deny it and poison millions of his fan with the same morally bankrupt arguments.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Fuck Cuomo, but at least it's better than Florida. My cousins were laughing at Jersey getting it's act together before New York.

At least Florida has MMJ. It allows concentrates/edibles/shatter/bud/etc unlike some states and you can get quality 1g concentrate syringe for $40 at Trulieve. Way cheaper and more variety than NYS MMJ.

Cuomo is old and has some stupid, toxic ideas about things.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
At least Florida has MMJ. It allows concentrates/edibles/shatter/bud/etc unlike some states and you can get quality 1g concentrate syringe for $40 at Trulieve. Way cheaper and more variety than NYS MMJ.

Cuomo is old and has some stupid, toxic ideas about things.

We got MMJ in Florida, but has been a hassle for everyone I've seen get one.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I am all about this, but I just hope Jersey City doesn't just become wall to wall people downtown picking up. Buy some other shit while you're here at least.

Also, a healthy fuck off with everyone's lame ass Jersey jokes. It's a great state, great people... lots to see and do.

Oct 27, 2017
Protip- whether you're at that point where weed is like coffee or if you're a total newb- Save up for a Puffco Peak (the pro seems like a rip compared to the old one, which you can get for 250.) then buy concentrates. That is absolutely the best value after the upfront for the Peak. Or a similar premium e rig.

do not fuck with anything else. you'll end up like me trying 50 million dab pens, most of which are ridiculously inefficient. Aka the stuff that melts and puddles fucks off to the hidden portal at the bottom of the pen and you are left unsatisfied. The same dab mightve been 4 nice hits in a better rig.

You can use it to microdose or to get as high as humanly possible and it uses every last bit. Set it and forget it with not much maintenance.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, we need the tri-state trifecta. The amount of black and brown folks targeted for weed in the tri-state area is a sham.
Yup absolutely ridiculous at this point state needs to just decriminalize all small amounts. And just go after sellers. And legalize weed while they are at it.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
So what's next? Getting dispensaries up & running?

Part of this legislation is to set up a marketplace, so yeah dispensaries would be up next.

Though I stand with others who have mentioned that the more immediate concern should be the commutation of all sentences currently being served in regards to possession of small amounts of marijuana and those offenses wiped from their records.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats NJ folks.

We legalized weed thru referendum in MA back in 2016, didn't finally really open until until 2018/2019, and now it's just normal. When it first started there were only two adult use dispensaries in the state, long lines, overcrowding, short supply, chaos. But within about 6 months it got settled, and now it's just normal. There's probably like 10 or more adult use dispensaries around me, and they're pretty much just normal businesses, I don't think much about them. Although the other day I was driving down the highway and noted that like 5 of the billboards on this ~5mi stretch of highway were all dispensaries.

MA has had good laws about ensuring community ownership and requiring a certain percentage to be minority owned, but I'm not sure how well that played out. It's been hit or miss. Before the law was passed we had prescription weed, and no laws around those being minority owned or in places hardest hit by drug laws exist, so when weed became legal all of those medical use dispensaries had a leg up on new ownership. 2+ years later, there's more minority owned dispensaries, but they're still something like 10% of all dispensaries in the state, and only like 3-4% of all marijuana related businesses in the state.

bunewsservice.com

Special Report: Mass. cannabis mandate helped, harmed minority-owned dispensaries

Success and a Waiting Game:How the Massachusetts Cannabis Mandate Helped and Harmed Minority-Owned Dispensaries

Aug 8, 2019
I am all about this, but I just hope Jersey City doesn't just become wall to wall people downtown picking up. Buy some other shit while you're here at least.

Also, a healthy fuck off with everyone's lame ass Jersey jokes. It's a great state, great people... lots to see and do.

I don't think it'll be as egregious as the people who work in the Financial District and take a ferry across the Hudson for lunch just to put in their sports bets.

I also want to second that fuck off. I used to be ashamed of being from Jersey until I traveled through most of the country. I'm not going to degrade any other parts of America, but I'll just say I'll take Jersey over most of it.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Great news. Took long enough, but at least it's done.

And indeed, lots of good things about NJ; insane property taxes aside, I love living here. Try out some of our excellent restaurants while you're here (once restrictions lift more, that is)!

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Atlantic City - maybe, just maybe - can become good again.

Only a matter of time before NYS stops playing around and gets that legal.