• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
Lost Judgment, you say...but it's a Japanese trademark, so I'll hold off on getting excited for the moment.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they're just keeping the Judgment name cause its a lot better than Judge Eyes

its probably some crappy mobile game

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm those sega trademarks... ginme a Sega music collection. Inagine Phabtasy Star, Shining Force, Sonic, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Yakuza....

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
That Square Enix thing sounds like some investigation-esque game.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Please let "Sega Music" be a publishing arm for releasing Sega music from their back catalog in high resolution.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Catboy's Paradise was an April Fool's joke last year. I wonder if they'll run with it and release it as an actual game this year.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
A sequel to Judge Eyes might be called Judgement even in Japan. The Eyes part was a reference to a very specific detail of the story of the first one, and won't be relevant in the sequel. I want to believe, anyway.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The Centennial Case = The 100 Year War. Final Fantasy Tactics 2 here we come.

Seriously though:
Police 911 / Police 24/7 (lightgun game from Konami) getting a VR re-release would be nice.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
kinda funny how there's Judgment and also Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise from Sega already. Kenshiro is now a lawyer.

But yeah I doubt it's RGG unless they're making the Judgment IP name universal going forward (which would make sense, to be honest).

Catboy Paradise is clearly the GotY though.

Touha

Oct 27, 2017
Next gen new Ninja Gaiden as the premier title on the new Katana Engine sounds just about perfect!!

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Yo, I played a metric ton of Police 911 in the arcades back in the day. Wonder how the trademark will be used. A VR game would be dope.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Katana engine definitely seems like a name from Team Ninja, Dynasty Warriors has a new engine, so it's definitely TN for their new IP or NG4.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Katana engine sounds like my shit. Bring it on KT, give me something similar to Nioh or Ninja Gaiden.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
kinda funny how there's Judgment and also Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise from Sega already. Kenshiro is now a lawyer.

But yeah I doubt it's RGG unless they're making the Judgment IP name universal going forward (which would make sense, to be honest).

Catboy Paradise is clearly the GotY though.
Yeah, I thought this too haha

I think they're making the name universal as they push for simultaneous worldwide releases going forward. I think it's what we think it is.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Katana Engine has me hyped. Can't wait for the new IP from Team Ninja. Hope it's still a brutally challenging game like Nioh.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Katana Engine kinda sounds like a system were you can slice anything and everyone, basically what Metal Gear Rising was doing but an improved version.

Touha

Oct 27, 2017
I love the name Katana Engine.

A new engine from Team Ninja could be called nothing else haha!

Love it too....calling it now---they will make a big splash later this year (TGS?) with an announcement of a new Ninja Gaiden coming for next gen with a 2022 release on this special new Katana Engine and hype all it's special features....

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
A new engine from Team Ninja could be called nothing else haha!

Love it too....calling it now---they will make a big splash later this year (TGS?) with an announcement of a new Ninja Gaiden coming for next gen with a 2022 release on this special new Katana Engine and hype all it's special features....

Haven't they said in an interview that their next project is gonna be a new IP for the PS5?

Personally I'd love to see something new from them. I love both Nioh games a lot, but new IPs are always exciting.

Touha

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't they said in an interview that their next project is gonna be a new IP for the PS5?

Personally I'd love to see something new from them. I love both Nioh games a lot, but new IPs are always exciting.

They have been very vague about what their next projects are... The comments we have gotten so far have seemed to indicate:

- No more Nioh for now
- Multiple projects in the works
- They want to do a new IP for this new console generation like Nioh was for PS4
- They really want to do a new Ninja Gaiden but are being (intentionally?) very unclear/cagey on what is going on exactly (mixed messages of wanting to but not planned, to hints could already be in development....). I'm personally very suspicious that a new NG is already well into development and will be their next big release/inaugural release for next gen.

My guess is the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection is all that gets released this year but that they make some more significant announcements later this year about upcoming projects....

Last edited: