• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
EDIT: meant 2019

I will buy as per usual so no point in complaining about the inevitable.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
The bump is apparently much smaller than previous iPhones as the phone is getting thicker and camera is getting smaller

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Never owned an iPhone, I just can't get by the fact that there's no expandable storage. I need all my comics, audio books and films.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
From the renders before to this now, it looks really awful. Especially surprising from a company like Apple that puts such an emphasis on aesthetic. People will still buy it in droves and that's all they really care about I'm sure.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
It's not true until it's true, but boy, if it is true, i will safely stick with my XR until they get rid of these abominations.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't really care about the looks. A phone is a phone.

I just can't for the life of me understand why we need -more- cameras in general?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
UH wouldn't this be for 2019 iPhones?

I don't really care about the looks. A phone is a phone.

I just can't for the life of me understand why we need -more- cameras in general?

iPhones biggest selling point for years was the best camera on a smartphone.

Even though they are all so close in quality now, most tech sites don't give that distinction to Apple anymore so I think they are trying to go BIG with the next iPhone.

Oct 28, 2017
I'll never understand people crying about stuff like this when they want better cameras year-on-year. Its gonna happen, or you'll get an overall thicker phone.

Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan for when aesthetics take a hit to accommodate tech. Still think the X is the most beautiful phone they've made so I'll stick to it for awhile longer. Phone still performs phenomenally so that doesn't hurt either.

Grand Staff

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, I've been seeing this design float around for a while now, and I can't get over how bad it looks. It'll be no big deal with a case, I think, but it still looks quite awful.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm dumb but why would case moulds include the actual lense placement? Wouldn't they only need detail for the square cutout that forms a perimeter around the lenses? Same how most iPhone X cases have the pill shape cutout and not individual lenses.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Copying Huawei, I see. But because Apple is an American company and Huawei is an evil Chinese company (according to Era), it's OK.

tWojYvo.png
Holy shit, do you have a macro for posting the exact same nonsense in every iPhone thread? Blocked for good jfc

I've always thought square camera alignments look silly, I prefer the P20 (?) Pro thing with the third lens outside of the bump. Oh well, who really cares in the end. I just wish it was another zoom lens, don't care about ultra wide

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017
How is it that LG, Samsung, Huawei can get three cameras on the back in an elegant way but fucking Apple is giving it's customer this ugly atrocity?

One of the LG phones has three cameras and no protrusion. Like...WTF?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm glad that the rumors of the smaller high-end phone not having three camera lenses didn't pan out. It's the only one that still fits in my pocket decently.

Deleted member 22649

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they're making the iPhone thicker, that makes me hopeful. I don't need the phone to be as thin as it is, particularly after "Flexgate".

Add a headphone jack, dammit! I'll stick with my iPhone SE in the meantime.