• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, to be clear my concern is that if I go with the full-size iPhone 12 then I'll want to use a pop-socket, but it will block the area that MagSafe attaches. Maybe the smaller size and lighter weight will make a difference. Really wish I could get a hands-on before pre-orders

Pop socket is making a MagSafe compatible one that you can snap on and off. That's probably your best way to continue to use them on the new phones.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
If you're on iUP it should continue - you pay upfront for the 2 years and that gets added to the cost of the phone, then your finance is for that total amount. So when I settled my iUP finance I then cancelled my AC+ and got a refund for the 11 months remaining

Ah, I see! That makes sense. I'll give Barclays a call today. Thanks for your help 😊

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Having never gotten an iPhone on launch day before should I be prepared for it being madness like PS5 pre-order mess?

Considering a large part of the presentation felt like a verizon commercial I'm hoping they have a good enough stock in Pro's. I don't need to go sleep in front of the verizon store tonight right?

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating between my favorite phone model, the OnePlus 8T, but the S20FE looks good too. Then comes the iPhone 12, which build wise, looks really solid. I just don't know if I can go back to a 60hz screen after the 90 on my 7T. But, I have not been on an iPhone since the 3G way back in the day, and am getting bored with Android.

Tough choice........

kayos90

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question for those of you purchasing this from the Apple Store App from your iPhone. After you choose your color it gives you two options: Active my iPhone or Buy a new iPhone. What's the difference between these two settings? I'm a bit confused.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Car holders with magsafe will be awesome!
Maybe we even get car holders with magsafe and qi charging!

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question here, if someone has a pace maker and they put this in their front shirt pocket, they're really screwed right? Magsafe seems awesome, but I can't tell you how many senior citizens I encounter who like to put their phone in their front shirt pocket,

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
The Pro Blue color looks nice in that GMA video but without seeing it live I'm just going to get the graphite one. I don't want to risk it and black always looks nice.

The finish on the Pro keeps looking amazing. It's the same as last year and it's a great finish.

I think that the Magsafe stuff is the type of think that makes iPhones really special. It's a cool think that, because of the amount of phones Apple sells, might have ton of support. And it's something nobody asked for but it's a cool idea that has the potential to become essential.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Well damn, looking at the trade-in for my XS Max I may pickup the 12 Pro Max.

Anyone else having the same thoughts?

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I saw MagSafe in a phone all those years ago!

Remember Palm?

Palm's Touchstone: Not Just a Wireless Charger, But a Whole Line of New Products?

When Palm introduced its new Palm Pre phone earlier this year it also showed off a nifty wireless charger called Touchstone. Now a company representative has reportedly said that the Touchstone brand represents a new family of accessories for the Pre. The first Touchstone charger uses magnetic...

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
How do you save your settings in the Apple Store app to preorder?

I get through all the steps but then the continue button is grayed out.

Is the preorder option only if you have an Apple Card?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I hope we get another, proper hands-on before preorders open tomorrow. I really want to see that blue in different light sources because it might be a tad bit too blue [if that makes sense].

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any good article, video, or rundown of all the various promotional offers from the big wireless carriers? I may be looking to switch, and I am curious what the best deals are. My current phone is quite busted so I won't have much of a trade-in.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Still torn between getting the 12 and 12 Pro. I was literally going through my photos last night, trying to remember which ones I used the telephoto lens on. There's definitely a few shots that I had to use the zoom for, but not a ton. I really wish the Pro would have gotten the bigger sensor on the wide-angle lens, it would have made this decision a lot easier. There's no way I'm going with the Pro Max though, it's just way to big for me. Part of me is thinking about getting the 12 and putting that extra $200 into buying my first mirrorless camera.
I'm having a similar debate myself. Feel like I need to see some head-to-head comparisons before I pull the trigger on either one.

DarthButcher

Oct 30, 2017
I am incredibly conflicted between the iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max. I use the camera for work where I need clean, high resolution photography for use on social media/websites but not necessarily professional grade, so I have always upgraded to the latest camera. This year, however, I had wanted to downsize from the Max to the regular due to weight loss and wearing tighter pants. Ugh.

Oct 25, 2017
T-Mobile's deal terms are confusing as usual. What exactly does "(via one-time trade-in credit and 30 monthly Recurring Device Credits)" mean? I'm getting a discount at the time of purchase and then the rest spread out over 30 months? I feel like I'd want to know that split up-front.

How do we even get these offers? Do we have to preorder with them?

It looks like I can maybe get one of those offers if I am an existing customer but I am not sure.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
So Apple UK is doing pre-approval for the 24 month instalments, but not if you're on the iPhone Upgrade Programme - for that you have to reserve a slot tomorrow for an in-store appointment?

What a waste of time, especially now. I only signed up to it because I thought it would be a frictionless way of upgrading without the hassle of selling the phone myself.

flip

Oct 25, 2017
So Apple UK is doing pre-approval for the 24 month instalments, but not if you're on the iPhone Upgrade Programme - for that you have to reserve a slot tomorrow for an in-store appointment?

What a waste of time, especially now. I only signed up to it because I thought it would be a frictionless way of upgrading without the hassle of selling the phone myself.
Yeah this is bizarre. Having the Upgrade Programme pre-approval would make everyone's lives easier.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
After much deliberation going with the 12 pro max. The camera upgrades and screen space I think will be worth it.

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of Pro and Pro Pax having different specs in regard to cameras. It was great to finally see a trend of them being the same but the only true difference being size related. Here's hoping next year they have sensor shift stabilisation & zooms equivalent on both so someone who wants the best cameras Apple makes doesn't have to get the huge

— yes I know it's peak first world problem but I don't like using huge phones

Aisod

Mar 21, 2020
I just realized I will be getting a Series X and Iphone Mini in the same week. Suhweet

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized I will be getting a Series X and Iphone Mini in the same week. Suhweet
I was just telling my wife that I'm getting the Series X, PS5 Digital, and iPhone 12 Pro Max in the same week. I also have off of work that week. It's going to be niiiiice.

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
Was set on preordering the 12 pro tomorrow but....is the 12 pro max worth the wait? My 7+ is on its last legs here, but for those in a similar boat why are you going with one vs the other?

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Love the new design over my 11 and I really like that Mini. Would it be worth it to upgrade if I just got the 11 back december?

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
I was leaning Mini at first but now I'm back and forth between that and the 12 Pro.

I would really like a smaller phone and the colors look cooler on the Mini, but I think but the extra ram and longer battery life sounds nice. Also, the fact that I can order the Pro tomorrow and get it next week is tempting...

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I was leaning Mini at first but now I'm back and forth between that and the 12 Pro.

I would really like a smaller phone and the colors look cooler on the Mini, but I think but the extra ram and longer battery life sounds nice. Also, the fact that I can order the Pro tomorrow and get it next week is tempting...

I know it's really dumb to be tempted by like a few weeks of delay, but I'm tempted to get something besides the mini too, just so I can order tomorrow. The feeling should pass, though.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any good footage or photos of the Gold Pro? The photos on the Apple site are kind of bleh. It's hard to say how the back will look under different sorts of lighting.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My best guess would be selling you a pre activated carrier locked phone vs unlocked. I only ever buy with the second option and haven't had any trouble with AT&T (my provider as well).
Do you choose the carrier after you choose the second option? I assume you take out the SIM card on your old phone and put it in the new phone?

Peek-a-boo!

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Still um'ing and ah'ing over two colours for the 12 mini.

Blue is an all-new colour, and is more professional looking, but isn't quite as blue as I'd like it to be, whereas the green is eye-catching, fun to look at and doesn't take itself seriously.

W1ckedEvoX

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't I do a one time payment for the pre-approval?? Is there a way around this? Or something like financing then paying it off immediately after??

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
At this point my main hesitation about the Mini is the battery. Can anyone make me feel better about that?

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
Still um'ing and ah'ing over two colours for the 12 mini.

Blue is an all-new colour, and is more professional looking, but isn't quite as blue as I'd like it to be, whereas the green is eye-catching, fun to look at and doesn't take itself seriously.
I am also undecided. Black is my automatic choice for electronics, and I've always gone for black on my old iPhones and iPads, because the white versions drew so much attention to the massive bezels. Now bezels aren't a problem, so white is good... plus it also won't show fingerprints on the back like the Black (and I guess the Blue). Coming from an original SE I am going to miss the aluminium back and the fingerprints will annoy me. The green is a very light colour so will also be good for hiding greasy prints, but I'm not warming to that colour at the moment. White and Blue are the front-runners for me.