• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
So my issue is, are all the cases and accessories just not ready? Should I just wait until November? The ATT deal is real good though.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
For those with a slim build that wear slim pants, does the iPhone 11 fit well in you pocket?

I really want the 12 Pro, but I've never had a phone that big before. Only asking about the 11 as a point of comparison, I know it's slightly bigger too.
I wear slim stuff (not painted on, but definitely not regular/loose fit), it's never been an issue. I'm not terribly angry that the 12 will be slightly smaller, but the 11 hasn't seemed unwieldy. I grew to love the size of the 11, tbh.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Was gonna upgrade my Xs to the 12.. but realised what I'm gonna be downgrading. Not a huge deal, but I love my current stainless steel edges. I'd also rather have a telephoto lens over a wide angle lens.

Guess I'm going with the pro.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
So my issue is, are all the cases and accessories just not ready? Should I just wait until November? The ATT deal is real good though.
Do you mean Apple's own accessories? Or third party cases? I think Apple's own accessories typically become available when pre-orders start. And third party cases have been in reviewers' hands for a while at this point. Sellers like Case-Mate even have their 12 series cases on sale right now.

gamma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting annoyed with the € prices? They just keep raising them, even when you consider VAT. It's really turning me off from upgrading.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else on the Apple Upgrade Plan feeling weird about it during the pandemic? Don't quite know how to describe it but usually I am so excited to get the new iPhone every year, but most of the new stuff from 11 pro to 12 pro would mostly be exciting if I were not in the house 99% of the time.

Also, am I insane to consider going from 11 Pro to 12 mini? What am I giving up? The mini seems so novel, it has me interested.

Last edited:

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I'm debating jumping ship from Android because of some reliability issues and iOS seems to have improved a lot since my last iphone. But I'm pretty turned off by lack of Touch ID and to a lesser extent no usb-c. How reliable is Face ID with facial movements and wearing masks and such?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm debating jumping ship from Android because of some reliability issues and iOS seems to have improved a lot since my last iphone. But I'm pretty turned off by lack of Touch ID and to a lesser extent no usb-c. How reliable is Face ID with facial movements and wearing masks and such?
Face ID without a mask works like a dream, and, with an update earlier in the year, it can detect you wearing a mask so it goes straight to the regular pin unlock. It also works well with other features like Apple Pay. Personally, I believe Face ID is a lot more accurate than Touch ID, I don't have to sometimes rub my face for it to work.
I'm on a XS Max by the way and Face ID hasn't slowed down or anything like that in the 2 years I've used it.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
My XR has a cracked screen, should be about $200 to fix it. At first I was just gonna get a new iphone but to be honest I'm underwhelmed so I might just fix my XR instead tbh.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
On the upgrade program, just setup for the 12 pro.

does anyone have more details on what's this shit is about monthly credits on myVerizon bill? The benefit of the upgrade program is I go through Apple not Verizon. Did they change the program?

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I was super hyped about the 12 Pro, but I think I'm going to stay with my 11 Pro for now. The lidar seemed really neat, but what killed it was looking at the cell phone plan changes to get 5G support. I'm on the AT&T MobileShare Plus plan, with a company discount that bring it down to $50ish + taxes.

Even though my monthly payment would be the same, I'd have to pay the taxes on the phone, and at least another $20/month no matter what carrier I went with for 5G. The new phones looks great, but I've been really happy with my 11 Pro and there's not enough reason to absorb all that extra expense.

Oct 28, 2017
On the upgrade program, just setup for the 12 pro.

does anyone have more details on what's this shit is about monthly credits on myVerizon bill? The benefit of the upgrade program is I go through Apple not Verizon. Did they change the program?

Those credits are only for if you finance the phone through Verizon.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how preordering works? I'm planning on buying through apple and getting 100$ off for my iphone 7 but I've never done this. When does it open? is it as tense as the video game preorders?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Also, am I insane to consider going from 11 Pro to 12 mini? What am I giving up? The mini seems so novel, it has me interested.
I'd understand if you were moving from like the 7-8 to a mini, but moving from the perfect size of the 11 Pro to the mini feels like a downgrade. I actually don't like the fact that they increased the 12 Pro size to be the exact same as the regular 12.

moz

Oct 25, 2017
Face ID without a mask works like a dream, and, with an update earlier in the year, it can detect you wearing a mask so it goes straight to the regular pin unlock. It also works well with other features like Apple Pay. Personally, I believe Face ID is a lot more accurate than Touch ID, I don't have to sometimes rub my face for it to work.
I'm on a XS Max by the way and Face ID hasn't slowed down or anything like that in the 2 years I've used it.

Going direct to regular pin isn't what I consider working like a dream. Many people (especially in healthcare) who have to wear a mask constantly cannot deal with this. They need to add TouchID back like they have on the iPads.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
what if the apple logo on the back were touch id

I guess there's inductive charging business in there now huh

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Going direct to regular pin isn't what I consider working like a dream. Many people (especially in healthcare) who have to wear a mask constantly cannot deal with this. They need to add TouchID back like they have on the iPads.
lol, receipts? or are you just taking it upon yourself to speak for healthcare workers?

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, if my XR had an ultra wide lens which I REALLY want, I wouldn't really even wouldn't be interested in the iPhone 12 as an upgrade at all

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
So how are status icons going to work on the Mini... the space in the corners is a fair bit less than the other models. Just smaller icons?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Do we know if review units for the mini and pro will go out at the same time as the 12? I don't want to wait a month to be able to compare models.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Another iPhone, another time I stick with my 7 plus.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Ah, fair! To be fair it's also Canadian dollars lol do you think it's feasible to do with just one hand? My other hand works still it just shakes a lot sometimes lol
hmm I dunno. on the one hand I have pretty shaky hands myself and manage, with occasional dropped screw or shaky screwdriver approach, but it's also a pain to do repairs on small electronics imo. I don't really have a good/conclusive answer I'd say. Though doing it with one hand is almost certainly out of the question.

separating the display from the housing is involved too, either requiring a heat gun/pad or a lot of force, and indeed in most cases both. without replacement gaskets a post-repair XR won't be water-proof, and any third party screen repair disables true-tone features.

I'm gonna go ahead and not endorse my own methods lol, as they're not worth the trouble for most people

May 10, 2018
Does anyone know how preordering works? I'm planning on buying through apple and getting 100$ off for my iphone 7 but I've never done this. When does it open? is it as tense as the video game preorders?
Preordering through Apple is very easy and you can set it up right now so when preorders open you can just pay for the phone. Nothing it all like a console preorder.

Preorders open at 8AM EST.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I think I may just get an Apple Card along the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Cuz why not. I am all in at this point.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
So if I have an upgrade I've been holding onto through AT&T, do I need to preorder through their website? Or can I use Apple's to get the process started?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Preordering through Apple is very easy and you can set it up right now so when preorders open you can just pay for the phone. Nothing it all like a console preorder.

Preorders open at 8AM EST.

How do you do this exactly? See, I am trying to set this up now, but it doesn't seem to save the information. I'm buying the phone outright, no plan or anything, but when I get to the end it just sort of stops and there's just has the grayed out add to bag. I keep the app in the background, but eventually it refreshes. Am I missing something, or will they just not let you know set it up now unless you're on a plan of some kind?

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone upgrading from a X to mini? Kinda feels like a side grade but really love the new form factor

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
I'd understand if you were moving from like the 7-8 to a mini, but moving from the perfect size of the 11 Pro to the mini feels like a downgrade. I actually don't like the fact that they increased the 12 Pro size to be the exact same as the regular 12.
Perfection is in the eye of the beholder (or hand of the holder)! I think the mini is perfectly sized, but I want the telephoto lens so Pro will have to do.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Yea but I'm not keeping my 11 pro bc I'm on the upgrade progran so it's either .3 bigger in 12 pro or .4 smaller with Mini

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any screen protectors or cases they found on Amazon for the 12 Pro?