• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
If mine had a bend anywhere close to those pictures out of the box I'd be taking it to an Apple Store and not leaving until a replacement was issued. I don't know what Apple has in mind when referencing a "very slight bend" but it should be something that is essentially imperceptible at worst.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
LOL fantastic. Classic Apple response. 'That bend is normal', 'You're holding it wrong', etc.

I guess if Apple fanatics can wave off this flaw when jerryrig initially uncovered it, they can happily live with their not-perfectly-straight ipad pros. Serves you right.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
The shipping part to me is sidestepping the problem. I have the same bend as in the first pic (not the second, which looks way worse) and it's not a shipping defect.

It bent from...? Putting it the flat part of my backpack, maybe? Natural flex? Who knows. It's not bad enough to jeopardize structural integrity, but it's not flat either...

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If mine came bent in any noticeable degree, I guarantee you that I would return it immediately.

Having one of these new Pros in the house (that isn't bent), I can tell you that I'm 0% worried about it ever bending. The only way I can see it bending is if I ever stuck it in a backpack with something else heavy, and that's not happening.

Only way you can be sure is with a case or the machined aluminum brace like signal posted above

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also before people say "and apple sheep will still defend this smh", they seem to be getting shit on enough.
https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/a7r8k7/apple_confirms_some_ipad_pros_ship_slightly_bent/

I know the "this wouldn't fly under Steve Jobs!!" meme is tiring but at some point it would be accurate with some of the design choices modern Apple makes.
Yep the Apple subreddit can be suprisingly open minded. It's where I saw this news today